Is this game still a broken mess?

I have the chance to pick this game up for about $12, but I remember there being many problems with it when it first released. I wanted to try it out, more for curiosity than anything else. Is it worth trying, or should I just stay far away from this?

I only have $13 credit at Gamestop (or, I will after I return the failure that is Ninja Gaiden 3), so if anyone can suggest something from this search list, I would appreciate it.

PlayStation 3 | GameStop

I know there is a lot on this list, but if anyone has suggestions other than me trying this game, and you don't mind looking through the list, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

The 1.03 patch fixed most of the problems but the online is still filled with cheaters so you'll have to boost all the MP trophies and the A.I is still dodgy. The Hardcore RE fans avoid this like the plague but casual gamers don't mind it, you just have to lower your expectations :).

Unfortunately, your reply came too late, as I already bought the game last Friday, figuring I wouldn't get a reply to this, and I returned it today. I didn't even touch the online (someone else warned me of cheaters), but the AI was terrible. My squad kept doing stupid things that either got them or me killed. There were many other problems with this game, so I took it back.

• 1 month later...
The 1.03 patch fixed most of the problems but the online is still filled with cheaters so you'll have to boost all the MP trophies and the A.I is still dodgy. The Hardcore RE fans avoid this like the plague but casual gamers don't mind it, you just have to lower your expectations :).

was wondering this myself cause the game was on sale for $15...which in US is almost like buying the game from gamestop or ebay so its very cheap. for :psn+:$10.49...probably for the week. also dlc with trophies are $5 each. decisions decisions....wish these kinda games had demos!:/

When the AI gets stuck in a doorway and refuses to let you get past to continue on then you know a game just isn't worth the hassle.

The one thing I hated the most and a personal pet peeve for any game was how many bullets were needed to kill enemies like hunters/ Mr.X. Only reason devs do it is to pad out the games length.