Mission 3 Help / strategies

Hello to whoever is reading this

Mission 3 - Lights out is without a doubt one of the hardest missions within the game. What makes this mission difficult is the very end of the stage. once you make your way into the generator room you are presented with an object to plant the emp charges. While doing this objective you are faced with huge amounts of specs and barely any cover to hide in.

I would like to share my knowledge on this mission that may help those who are stuck in this situation as I was.

I would suggest people use the following links to find the location of all the data pieces and a basic idea on how to complete the last bit of the mission.

Data Location Guide

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdCj1MfM5iU]Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - All Cameras, Data, and Raccoons - Level 3 - YouTube[/ame]

End of Mission Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city/152226-s-complete-walkthrough-great-success-videos.html

LUPO

Lupo has multiple perks that can help her throughout this mission. To Increase the chances of succession with Lupo use the super soldier perk as it always you to become invincible for a short while, this can save your ass if you’re surrounded. Don’t use till after Second wave.

Vector

Vector is another character that is ideal for this mission. Vector has two abilities that can make these spec ops lives a living hell. The first ability of course is active camouflage that allows Vector to become invisible to the untrained eye. Do not use this ability till the second wave of spec ops. The second ability that you can use to your Advantage is Mimi cry. Mimi Cry gives the user the ability to take form of another person. I’m sure the rest speaks for itself , the plus side to this perk is that it lasts a very long time and has a tiny cool down.

Belt Way

I wouldn't suggest using belt way but for the select few that insist in using him. Belt Way is able to place and disarm explosives at his own will. Plant some mines or lasers in the door way that the specs ops enters the room through and watch the results, the spec ops will be forced to walk directly into a trap.

Bertha

Used correctly Bertha can become a super tank. Before using bertha for this mission I suggest fully upgrading her. Doing this enables you to carry 4 med sprays and the ability to use pain killers, this ability grants you 10 seconds of damage reduction. Before entering the Generator room grab 2+ med sprays, once in the generator room you will want to get yourself infected, I know this sounds weird but it will help a huge amount. If you don’t proceed to raising the first generator a couple of zombies will appear to remind you keep playing, this is an ample opportunity to get infected. Becoming infected will give a huge damage reduction towards your torso , when you are low on health just use your med spray or find a plant. Using the Pain killer perk while infected will make your pretty much invincible. Pain killer last for 10 seconds but will give you a damage reduction of 90% the rest speak for itself.

Four Eyes should not be used.

This concludes my short tips / guides whatever you would like call it, i hope it helped and gave you a view from a different perspective on this mission, any of these tips will also work throughout the entire game.

p.s this was my first guide , I would appreciate some feedback on how I done , and what I could improve thanks

: )

Edited by Random095

i played it yesterday and got "S+" on it. (had veteran difficulty)

the character i choosed was specter (played on public but no one joined me at first, so usually i get a few missions done before the first human player show up)

i collected most of the data through the level but missed 1 or 2. (got me worried)

and then, when i was just about to fight the spec ops in the ally before heading down to the reactor room.... another player joined me (unsure how the game reacts to it since i already had most of the intel data, and a huge amount of zombie kills (thank god for the riot gun):whistle:

anyway...

does anyone know if the games mission score changes when a new player join in?

(ex. like you have to collect 16 intel when playing as solo, and when 2 players play... you have to get 8?... does the mission score chage if someone join in?)

anyway, got them all on "S" when i was done with mission 3....

last part is however tricky.. i found it easy to kill off, each "wave" of spec ops before i hit the check point marker to raise generator #2 and #3.

first wave... run around and gun them down from the side while they (spec ops) are focused on the rest of your squad.

second wave... grenade spam the door as it opens to let more spec ops enter the battle, while you are at the control panel to raise generator #2.

gun some survivors down since you might not get them all killed using only grenades.

when that is done. activate the control panel check point to raise the last generator... now run so you stand hidden under the bridge where the last spec ops unit enters the generator room.. there will be 1-2 spec ops heading down there so kill them fast and take out the 1-2 spec ops closest to the last generator. now rush up place the last EMP and hide behind the last generator so no one can shot you until the mission ends.

gear:

riot gun

samurai edge

with threatscanner.

this way i could keep an eye on where the spec ops were in the generator room at all time. don't forget to shot as many cams as possible when rushing through the level. will help greatly to get "S+"