S Rank Plus Misconceptions and Advice

I see two threads, one of them being the trophy guide, have a lot of misinformation about S Rank Plus. I am going to try and clear that up right now for everyone :applause:

Ahem.

The game of courses uses a ranking system. D, C, B, A, then the Highest Being S.

S Plus is interesting in that you do not need to get all S ranks in the four different categories in order to obtain it. (In fact, this is try for the all ranks in general).

Your overall Rank is a combination of the four categories. This is by and far the most confusing part. Just because you got a B in time, doesn't mean you didn't get an S + rank overall in general.

Let me explain.

The more past (or under in the case of deaths) you are, the more it's worth. Think about it like this. Say for mission 4 you need 150 kills for S on that category. Well if you get 200, that bonus 50 goes straight towards S+ if you are on veteran or professional. So say you didn't die, but you could have died 3 times. Bonus. Say you also found 20 items, but only needed 14. Then say you utterly failed the time because you took it slow and instead of 30:00 minutes, you had 38:00 minutes.

But...you got S rank +. Why?

Because there is a hidden system in place, kind of like an "overall value" that measures each category, adds them up and gives you bonus (or nothing if you didn't go over). If you did well enough to get over the "threshold" for S+ Rank, well then you get it.

I also know for a FACT that Veteran and Professional have different thresholds.

First, I wanted to mention that I got my S+ Rank for the first FOUR mission on Veteran difficulty. I don't know WHY people are saying you can't get S+Rank on Veteran, it's even in the trophy description for goodness sake. However, the threshold for Veteran is higher since you take less damage and do more damage to enemies.

To put this in perspective. I was playing End of the Line (the last mission) on Veteran, trying to S+ rank it. I could NOT for the life of me. My Time was excellent (my fastest is 12 minutes and 30 some seconds). But I was always either only 10 or so kills over 150, or I had a death, and always had 16 items instead of the needed 14.

I could not S+ rank it on Veteran. I even did a run with all S ranks, no deaths, and STILL didn't get S+.

I just was not good enough, or didn't know how, to get my kills or items up higher to get past that S+ threshold on Veteran.

However, I ran it next on Pro. Died I think 3 or 4 times, had an A in that Category. S everything else. And boom, S+ Rank.

So why was it easier? Well technically it's not supposed to be. The enemies are harder on Pro, they take more to bring down, you take more damage, etc. However, the threshold to get to S+ rank I think is lower on Pro BECAUSE of that. I simply could not get past it while running veteran.

In order of Importance, I would say:

Kills (this is the biggest chance to get those extra points towards S+. A bunch of the levels have WAY more enemies than required. I think that was my problem with End of the Line. The level is so short compared to the others).

Deaths (try to have none, or at least be below the required to get S rank)

Items (the more over, the better. I always use Spectre.)

Time (Try not to go over to much.)

So, basically that is how S rank Plus works. The only downside is we don't have any stats to see just how far over we need to go on the different categories to get it.

Oh and to clear some even more confusion:

Friendly Fire doesn't matter. I shot through my teammates all the time.

First Aid Sprays DO NOT MATTER. I used tons. I would even use them on my AI if there was another one to pick up.

AI Deaths DO NOT MATTER. (my group seemed to die alot lol)

Cams do not matter.

Herbs do not matter.

Aim doesn't matter.

Basically, the only thing that affects the rank, is exactly what it shows. Kills, Time, Deaths, and Items Collected. That's it.

Cool! This helps a lot. But can you do a vid of how you get S+ ranking also?

Can't do a vid, don't have the equipment for it.

My suggestion is to use Spectre, run with the Mob Rifle and the Samurai Edge. This way you will see all the pickups you need to. Also, go for head shots on everything.

On missions that you don't need to fire at far away enemies, one of the shotguns is perfect.

Can't do a vid, don't have the equipment for it.

My suggestion is to use Spectre, run with the Mob Rifle and the Samurai Edge. This way you will see all the pickups you need to. Also, go for head shots on everything.

On missions that you don't need to fire at far away enemies, one of the shotguns is perfect.

Ok Thanks for suggestions :)

One important thing you forget to mention or at least needs to be confirmed; What about coop? Can it be done? For example the whole team focuses on one man to fulfill the requirements. The others let the lead character to kill a lot and they defend him so he won't die during the level. The lead character uses spectre to collect items. And one Vector on the team, to rush to checkpoits to get better times.

One important thing you forget to mention or at least needs to be confirmed; What about coop? Can it be done? For example the whole team focuses on one man to fulfill the requirements. The others let the lead character to kill a lot and they defend him so he won't die during the level. The lead character uses spectre to collect items. And one Vector on the team, to rush to checkpoits to get better times.

Well playing co-op with others increases the game's difficulty, therefore you would probably die a lot

Edited by DSHODAN

I see two threads, one of them being the trophy guide, have a lot of misinformation about S Rank Plus. I am going to try and clear that up right now for everyone :applause:

Ahem.

The game of courses uses a ranking system. D, C, B, A, then the Highest Being S.

S Plus is interesting in that you do not need to get all S ranks in the four different categories in order to obtain it. (In fact, this is try for the all ranks in general).

Your overall Rank is a combination of the four categories. This is by and far the most confusing part. Just because you got a B in time, doesn't mean you didn't get an S + rank overall in general.

Let me explain.

The more past (or under in the case of deaths) you are, the more it's worth. Think about it like this. Say for mission 4 you need 150 kills for S on that category. Well if you get 200, that bonus 50 goes straight towards S+ if you are on veteran or professional. So say you didn't die, but you could have died 3 times. Bonus. Say you also found 20 items, but only needed 14. Then say you utterly failed the time because you took it slow and instead of 30:00 minutes, you had 38:00 minutes.

But...you got S rank +. Why?

Because there is a hidden system in place, kind of like an "overall value" that measures each category, adds them up and gives you bonus (or nothing if you didn't go over). If you did well enough to get over the "threshold" for S+ Rank, well then you get it.

I also know for a FACT that Veteran and Professional have different thresholds.

First, I wanted to mention that I got my S+ Rank for the first FOUR mission on Veteran difficulty. I don't know WHY people are saying you can't get S+Rank on Veteran, it's even in the trophy description for goodness sake. However, the threshold for Veteran is higher since you take less damage and do more damage to enemies.

To put this in perspective. I was playing End of the Line (the last mission) on Veteran, trying to S+ rank it. I could NOT for the life of me. My Time was excellent (my fastest is 12 minutes and 30 some seconds). But I was always either only 10 or so kills over 150, or I had a death, and always had 16 items instead of the needed 14.

I could not S+ rank it on Veteran. I even did a run with all S ranks, no deaths, and STILL didn't get S+.

I just was not good enough, or didn't know how, to get my kills or items up higher to get past that S+ threshold on Veteran.

However, I ran it next on Pro. Died I think 3 or 4 times, had an A in that Category. S everything else. And boom, S+ Rank.

So why was it easier? Well technically it's not supposed to be. The enemies are harder on Pro, they take more to bring down, you take more damage, etc. However, the threshold to get to S+ rank I think is lower on Pro BECAUSE of that. I simply could not get past it while running veteran.

In order of Importance, I would say:

Kills (this is the biggest chance to get those extra points towards S+. A bunch of the levels have WAY more enemies than required. I think that was my problem with End of the Line. The level is so short compared to the others).

Deaths (try to have none, or at least be below the required to get S rank)

Items (the more over, the better. I always use Spectre.)

Time (Try not to go over to much.)

So, basically that is how S rank Plus works. The only downside is we don't have any stats to see just how far over we need to go on the different categories to get it.

Oh and to clear some even more confusion:

Friendly Fire doesn't matter. I shot through my teammates all the time.

First Aid Sprays DO NOT MATTER. I used tons. I would even use them on my AI if there was another one to pick up.

AI Deaths DO NOT MATTER. (my group seemed to die alot lol)

Cams do not matter.

Herbs do not matter.

Aim doesn't matter.

Basically, the only thing that affects the rank, is exactly what it shows. Kills, Time, Deaths, and Items Collected. That's it.

I've never completely said that S+ can not be obtained on Veteran, I simply stated that it was not popping up for anyone who has obtained it. However since you are the only one who has confirmed S+ working on Veteran I will see for myself whether or not it is due-able. As for everything you mentioned in here I had already mentioned in the Trophy Guide for getting an S+ and I even have a video posted for it. Powerpyx is helping me run through the game for S+ so I will consult him on getting S+ in co-op for everyone, hopefully making a video for it as well.

So not saying you thread is useless, just saying you do not have proof over what everyone else has said about S+ being obtained in Veteran.

And yes even though it states S+ in Veteran or Professional if you notice it also shows that Organic Shield is supposed to be a Silver when it is clearly a bronze in the game.

I've never completely said that S+ can not be obtained on Veteran, I simply stated that it was not popping up for anyone who has obtained it. However since you are the only one who has confirmed S+ working on Veteran I will see for myself whether or not it is due-able. As for everything you mentioned in here I had already mentioned in the Trophy Guide for getting an S+ and I even have a video posted for it. Powerpyx is helping me run through the game for S+ so I will consult him on getting S+ in co-op for everyone, hopefully making a video for it as well.

So not saying you thread is useless, just saying you do not have proof over what everyone else has said about S+ being obtained in Veteran.

And yes even though it states S+ in Veteran or Professional if you notice it also shows that Organic Shield is supposed to be a Silver when it is clearly a bronze in the game.

Organic Shield is just a site mistake not the game. It can be fixed. in the trophy list correction thread.

I just tried the veteran S+ and still gotten a S on the 2nd level.

I had S, S, S, and a A for the time and grade was still a S. If that was professional it would have been a S+ for sure.

Organic Shield is just a site mistake not the game. It can be fixed. in the trophy list correction thread.

I just tried the veteran S+ and still gotten a S on the 2nd level.

I had S, S, S, and a A for the time and grade was still a S. If that was professional it would have been a S+ for sure.

Yeah even though S+ can be obtained through Veteran it seems easier to be obtained on Professional, I just did Expendable which has taken me a few days to get S+ on professional but finally got all S's and got S+. However did in on Veteran, got all S's and they simply gave an S. So I'd say its easier to just get S+ on professional still.

Thanks though for clarifying as well for the S+ on Vet Blaze

There are other reports of users getting S+ rank on veteran difficulty in a couple different threads, so it's not just me.

Like I said, End of the Line, I tried by hardest to get it on Veteran, and I just could no get past the threshold. But easily did it on Pro.

Pro might be the way to go, I just wanted to verify you can still get it on Veteran.

ok i just replayed the first mission on professional...

#of kills-36, target is 32------S

#of deaths-0, target is 1-----S

items collected-11, target is 12----A

clear time 17mins, target is 25mins----S

Difficulty bonus- 1000

Grade bonus-1650

STILL GOT AN S RANK AND THAT WAS ON PROFESSIONAL! I DON'T GET IT?? ANYBODY KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG??

Everything the OP said is true. Its about overall status but if you are real close its OK.. I got an S+ on mission 5 on pro with these numbers:

Kills 149/150 A

Deaths 0/1 S

Items 18/16 S

Time 30:38/30:00 A

Total S+

So as long as you're really close you seem to be good. My overs must have covered my unders if that makes sense. Also one thing I've noticed is collected item is a MUST. You can miss all other categories but if you don't get the collectibles you're screwed.

Edited by M-Easy

some one was asking about multiplayer and whether u can get S+ on that. i'm guessing the problem is that if other people pick up the datas or items, you don't get the credit for that, and it also make affect your kill totals. so getting S+ would be very difficult. unless other people are just helping you to get S+ than i guess only thing will hold you is the threshold for having multiplayers.

Finally, almost could taste the trophy, just got all rank S+ on all missions except my very last one to get platinum which is 'Redemption'.

One more thing to confirm though, i just help a friend to get S+ in 'Expendable' mission on pro, I picked Bertha to support him, whenever he need first aid and I'm running out, I just ask him to kill me, by doing so, I spawned with one, I could help anyone have problem with this mission, just add me, I'll know what to do( which part to farm kills, which part best to skip to checkpoint, which part is timed event, just need to stay safe till the times comes)

And if just 2 human players and 2 A.I, I don't think the difficulties ratio is too much different compared to solo)

Edited by nick6raphael