Which games are comparable to this?

Basically I don´t like survival horror games at all, so I skipped all those Resident Evil games.

However, besides of Ridge Racer Unbounded, there are no games in April 2012 I am interested in, so I might get Raccoon City. Furthermore I have read this is not a typical Resident Evil.

So are there comparable games? Which games should I like to like this?

And how is single player? Or is this game only for coop players?

I'd say it's similar to Killzone 3 Multiplayer, except you have a bunch of zombies and other enemies (hunters are annoying) running around trying to kill you. Also, it's only 4 on 4 as opposed to like 12 on 12 in KZ3.

I think the single player is underrated (by the reviewers). I find it fun, but it's much better with friends.

P.S. Resident Evil 4 and 5 are great games and they're fairly cheap on the PS Store. They're not really survival horror, so maybe you should check them out if you haven't.

Edited by lerodemmy

Basically I don´t like survival horror games at all, so I skipped all those Resident Evil games.

However, besides of Ridge Racer Unbounded, there are no games in April 2012 I am interested in, so I might get Raccoon City. Furthermore I have read this is not a typical Resident Evil.

I would compare the game to Socom or Lost Planet. They got the same controls over it, and plays pretty much like them aswell. Only diffrence is in MP you got team vs team with bunch of zombies roaming around trying to kill you at the same time.

The singleplayer can be fun if you play it co-op. But its extremely anoying and boring solo, due to the awful AI partners. Having to wait at a door for all the AI partners to get there is just not fun when they keep dying or shooting enemies that should just be ignored.

The game should be enjoyed co-op in my opinion. Not solo.

you know what, a lot of times i dont even have to wait for my AI partners to go to where i'm at to move on, did they patch it or something?

but regardless, if you want to tap in to the Resident Evil universe and not big fan of survival horror i say you should get this one, the controls make it your character more agile thus ruining (some say) the horror aspects of the game

Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2 are my favorites. Mech units, grapple hooks, playing as Wesker, crazy weapons. You can't go wrong.

Hell yeah!

Exactly like lost planet 2, just without the mechs, right down to the bad reviews to a game that is a gem to lovers of old school shooters :)

..unlike lost planet 2 the plat in this isnt nigh impossible XD

Thanks everyone!

Seems to be a classic Third-Person-Shooter.

And since I liked eg. Binary Domain very much (Gears of War was okay for me, never played Lost Planet), I ordered the game today and will give it a try.

And while ordering I saw that RE 5 Gold was only EUR 15,00, so I ordered it too.

This is maybe my entrance to the Resident Evil Series ...

Thanks everyone!

And since I liked eg. Binary Domain very much (Gears of War was okay for me, never played Lost Planet), I ordered the game today and will give it a try.

And while ordering I saw that RE 5 Gold was only EUR 15,00, so I ordered it too.

just get a good little group of mates to play online with you because the ai totaly sucks.

they love fire and like to stand in it:D

Thanks everyone!

Resident Evil 5 rocks - that game is so much fun, ofcourse RE:ORC is a blast.

This game is DEFINATLY comparable to:

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs (or "SOCOM: Special Forces" for PAL regions).

:cool:

Which is a pretty cool game but it is NOTHING like the old Socom on the Ps2!!? That game had stealth and breach and clear commandos.

The new Socom for the Ps3 is just another run and gun (and cover).

But it is a fun game on it's own.

;)

I played all of the original Resident Evil titles (Not the remake though) and I'm enjoying this simply because its set in Raccoon City and Leon and Claire make an appearance.

I compare this game to "payday"

Individual missions that require you to complete objectives. Each mission isnt exactly directly related to the previous mission.

Also, there are extra things like shooting the cameras. Its a 4 player game, with stupid AIs.