Multiplayer issues

I'm having some issues with multiplayer, every time I want to connect it just keeps searching but doesn't find anything, when I cancel the search it stucks on, desconnecting please wait than I have to turn of mubps3 manually since I have no response from my control.

Its just me? Or someone else is having this problem?

I appreciate you're help.

I forgot! Also on campaign it gets stuck! I find a game but it doesn't gets in.

Edited by Keymab

I'm having some issues with multiplayer, every time I want to connect it just keeps searching but doesn't find anything, when I cancel the search it stucks on, desconnecting please wait than I have to turn of mubps3 manually since I have no response from my control.

It could be your router. Try Resetting it. That helps most of the time.

I don't think it was your ISP because it has been happening to me since yesterday evening. I turned my PS3 off 3 times last night for that reason and twice this morning. I don't think we are the ONLY ones ?:confused:

Yup, same thing was happening with me. I couldn't find any games under a specific game type or random game type. However when I chose all game types, I found a game immediately. Also when I couldn't find a game it would freeze up on the exit screen and I would have to reset my ps3. Seems to be a problem that's happening to a few people.

I haven't had this problem, but hasn't anybody been stuck yet?

I've seen it happen to another guy then it happened to me: when you spawn, you can't move in any direction, you can only spin and attack on the spot.

The whole thing freezes for 2-5 seconds frequently for me too. It happens all the time in MP but not too often in SP. That could be a HDD issue or a problem with older PS3s playing new games, which is becoming a bigger problem it seems (I can't play Assassin's Creed: Revelations on my old 60GB ps3 after it was patched, my console switches off after 5 mins of play).

You know, how about when you have a connection issue with any game you go here -

www.speedtest.net

and here

- www.pingtest.net

then if you still want to post in forums you can post the resaults from both sites and maybe someone can offer meaningful help by ruling out the most likely source, your ISP.

I don't think it's my connection I check it on speed test with my iPhone via wifi and here is the result.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/Keymab/17388633.jpg

this has been happening to me all day. i have not been in a single multiplayer game at all

i basically search for any game mode, and it just continuesly searches for players, but to no avail, if i press Circle to back out, it just hangs on 'cancelling quick match, please wait', and the only option to back out is to quit via XMB, but it causes my PS3 to do the triple beep

this definiatly cant be down to internet connections and ISP's. If i can play COD, BF3, Uncharted 3 and heck even Mass Effect 3 multiplayers just fine, then surely i would have no problem playing ORC online

that said, someone did send me a random FR and he said that i was (apparently) in his game and that he was having the same problem as me

Edited by LAClennell

Amigo solo pasa cuando cuando haces 2 cosas (This only happen to me when:)

1.- No sincronizas trofeos (Do not update or synchronized trophies or)

2.- Invitas y te vas a otro modo (Get invited and don't wait to enter to the party, sometimes the server it's a bit slow ... i.e. error in create an online session)

Saludos!! (Greetings PS3 Community)

Guys, ive found a solution to solve the problem.

note* ( this is for players having problem in long time matchmaking and cant cancel but to quit and restart the console. )

solution A (not a good one but WORKS for me )

1 login psn, get into the game, choose versus matchmaking

2 during the 'matchmaking' loading if ur name doest pop out under "searching for players" [ press :ps: button >playstation@network > account management > (:triangle:) and sign out ]

3 u will be forced to drop out the game and back to the main page, this help ppl from restarting the console every time

4 after the console shows that you've totally disconnected from psn ( dont quit or restart yet ) go in without login in the game, login til u get to the versus mode and quickly pick a mode

5 now u should be able to get your self back to the multiplayer, try go versus and pick a game. i did a few try til it works, is quite annoying but hay at least it works :think:

solution B ( not sure if this works )

ask a friend who is able to play online invite you in just to break the problem, it works in BRINK, i have problem connecting to multiplayer, so i ask a friend to pull me in, after that i can get in and out like normal.

Edited by Byeollungum

this has been happening to me all day. i have not been in a single multiplayer game at all

i basically search for any game mode, and it just continuesly searches for players, but to no avail, if i press Circle to back out, it just hangs on 'cancelling quick match, please wait', and the only option to back out is to quit via XMB, but it causes my PS3 to do the triple beep

Yup, exact same problem for me! And only for the multiplayer matches. I can get into a campaign game via the quick match option with no problem.

I'm going to try Byeollungum's tactic and see if that works!

Yup, exact same problem for me! And only for the multiplayer matches. I can get into a campaign game via the quick match option with no problem.

I'm going to try Byeollungum's tactic and see if that works!

[new update]

yap, it works, basically the issue happen to every one of us, even players "used to be" playing normally facing the same thing soon or after.

what i think is that the multiplayer some how got stuck in search, it just keep on happening.

to know that u'r stuck is when u drop in any title of matchmaking, the game title just wont show up, it will only show " searching" and that means ur F-ed :wall:

so my solution isnt teaching u how to cure, but to desperately get your self back to multiplayer again in the shortest time, without restarting the whole console again and again.

i did it 5 times just to get my self back in, it takes me 3mins :doh:

Edited by Byeollungum