Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

Infinite Health/Ammo Glitch

Hi everyone,

if u didnt achieve an a-rank in RE CV till now, then now its time to do it with this glitch.

First of all, u have to decide what health or ammo item u want to use the glitch on. U can only get one glitched item in the whole game. Best for a-rank is to get the first three green herbs u find in the game, mix them all together and then make this herb mix glitchy. The way to get a glitched item is always the same. Do the following:

1. Start a NEW GAME.

2. DONT READ THE GAME MANUAL that u can find in ur inventory. Dont even touch it!

3. DONT pick up the knife in the starting room. U can pick it up later in the game after performing the glitch.

4. If u want u can pick up the green herb and/or the pistol ammo, its optional.

5. After leaving the first room, go to the area where Steve gives u a pistol after a cut scene.

6. DONT do anything with the pistol! DONT shoot and dont change something in ur inventory!

7. Go to the next room where u see a veranda. On that veranda u find a second green herb. Go through the door into the next room and pick up the third green herb that can be found on the table upstairs.

8. Go to ur inventory. At the moment ur pistol is equipped. Mix the three green herbs. ITS IMPORTANT to have the herb mix standing ONE slot AFTER the pistol. So u have to mix it in the "right" order!

9. Go to FILES in the menu. Read the GAME MANUAL from there. DONT read it from the category ITEMS!

10. After reading the manual, u will see, that the manual icon is removed from ur inventory and ur herb mix is equipped.

11. Go back into the game and shoot a few times with the pistol. U will see that ur pistol only fires one shot. After this shot ur pistol is empty. Now the equipped herb mix is glitched.

12. Go into the inventory and use the herb mix as often as u want. U can now do everything u want in the inventory. The herb mix will stay glitched for the whole game. U can also put it into an item box to keep on using it later as Chris.

Note: It doesnt matter what health/ammo item u want to get glitchy. Its just important that the item u choose stands one slot after the equipped pistol and then read the manual from the category FILES. If u choose to get a single herb glitched and u mix it with an other herb after performing the glitch, the herb mix WONT HAVE the infinity property anymore. So dont mix it after performing the glitch.

It will work 100%. I tried this glitch today and finally i unlocked the gold trophy with it.

Have fun!

Edited by Gods_Weapon1

Does this work with any ammo type or is it just the Pistol?

It shud work with all types of ammo. At least i tested it with explosive arrows and it worked. Like i said, its just important that the item u wanna get glitched stands one slot after the equipped pistol. And dont use the pistol until u performed the glitch cuz i dont know if it will work otherwise.

This sounds like it'd make the game easier to have infinite green herb mix, but I'm thinking if you want Chris to have it, you have to put it into a chest before fighting Nosferatu, which will be dicey, but then again, by then you should have a whole ton of unused green herbs in your inventory.

I might try this at the weekend and report back. Thanks again OP.

This sounds like it'd make the game easier to have infinite green herb mix, but I'm thinking if you want Chris to have it, you have to put it into a chest before fighting Nosferatu, which will be dicey, but then again, by then you should have a whole ton of unused green herbs in your inventory.

I might try this at the weekend and report back. Thanks again OP.

Yea u wont b able to use the glitched item in the Noferatu fight if u want to use it later with Chris. Beyond that u cant cant use the glitched item in the short Steve scene and in the short Claire scene after Chris gave her the antidote. But that shud b no problem as long as u put enuf normal green herbs into item boxes till this point. The Nosferatu fight is the only hard thing in the whole game, but after my third try (takes 15 minutes from the free save on) i killed this dude.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, can someone please explain something to me? I did all the steps and was able to glitch the 3 mixed herbs. But I don't understand how you glitch ammo.

You put the ammo you want glitched in the slot AFTER the gun, correct? (In my case I was trying to glitch EXPLOSIVE ARROWS) Then you re-read the Playing Manual? I did that, then equipped the Explosive Arrows to the bow gun, but it's not infinite.

Am I misunderstanding something? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

OK, can someone please explain something to me? I did all the steps and was able to glitch the 3 mixed herbs. But I don't understand how you glitch ammo.

You put the ammo you want glitched in the slot AFTER the gun, correct? (In my case I was trying to glitch EXPLOSIVE ARROWS) Then you re-read the Playing Manual? I did that, then equipped the Explosive Arrows to the bow gun, but it's not infinite.

Am I misunderstanding something? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Yea, ur misunderstanding sth. You cant use the glitch twice within 1 playthrough. So re-reqding the Manuql wont effect anything. After the first time u read the Manual it will disappear from the inventory. After that re-reading it wont effect another glitched item.

Yea, ur misunderstanding sth. You cant use the glitch twice within 1 playthrough. So re-reqding the Manuql wont effect anything. After the first time u read the Manual it will disappear from the inventory. After that re-reading it wont effect another glitched item.

Ahhh! I see now, thank you! I must have misunderstood. :) I am easily confused at times. lol

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

So first time using this glitch but I plan on doing it for my A rank run for a quick and painless run after getting the plat on the PS3 version a long time ago.

Are herbs the best thing to exploit or a certain type of ammo? I was thinking about Explosive arrows or even magnum rounds even though it'd be awhile for those. Also, can you carry over any infinite ammo's to Chris if it's activated on Claire?

• 1 month later...
So first time using this glitch but I plan on doing it for my A rank run for a quick and painless run after getting the plat on the PS3 version a long time ago.

Are herbs the best thing to exploit or a certain type of ammo? I was thinking about Explosive arrows or even magnum rounds even though it'd be awhile for those. Also, can you carry over any infinite ammo's to Chris if it's activated on Claire?

I saw you finished with a 100% did you use the glitch on arrows or herbs???? :confused:

ive seen this glitch over the years and never tried it yet, ive played the game on all platforms everytime it was released.

correct me if im wrong but it seems that you get infinite herb, but not infinite ammo. you just glitch the ammo to a higher amount it seems like. like for example i watched a few videos of someone trying to use it on explosive bolts, and instead of getting infinite they got only 80. while thats still a good amount i think id rather just have a infinite herb instead.

also for the point system of getting a "A" ranking, you get -50 everytime you use a herb. so i wonder if using the infinite herb deducts points or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just got my plat on the PS4 version yesterday, I would suggest that infinite herbs is significantly more useful than any type of ammo. There's more than enough ammo in the game to deal with the threats that you have to, and being able to heal at any time allows you to throw off most of the zombies in the game without having to worry about them. It also lets you tank through Hunters' hits if they begin hitting you rapidly and not giving you a chance to return fire.

ive seen this glitch over the years and never tried it yet, ive played the game on all platforms everytime it was released.

correct me if im wrong but it seems that you get infinite herb, but not infinite ammo. you just glitch the ammo to a higher amount it seems like. like for example i watched a few videos of someone trying to use it on explosive bolts, and instead of getting infinite they got only 80. while thats still a good amount i think id rather just have a infinite herb instead.

also for the point system of getting a "A" ranking, you get -50 everytime you use a herb. so i wonder if using the infinite herb deducts points or not.

Out of interest where did you get info on herbs costing you 50 points for each use? Thought penalties only applied for First Aid Sprays, rather than herbs?

• 3 years later...
Στις 3/26/2013 στις 11:49 μ.μ., ο Gods_Weapon1 είπε:

Γεια σε όλους,

αν δεν καταφέρατε να φτάσετε σε μια βαθμολογία στο RE CV μέχρι τώρα, τότε τώρα ήρθε η ώρα να το κάνετε με αυτό το πρόβλημα.

Πρώτα απ 'όλα, πρέπει να αποφασίσετε σε ποιο είδος υγείας ή πυρομαχικών θέλετε να χρησιμοποιήσετε το πρόβλημα. Το U μπορεί να πάρει μόνο ένα πρόβλημα σε ολόκληρο το παιχνίδι. Το καλύτερο για μια κατάταξη είναι να αποκτήσετε τα πρώτα τρία πράσινα βότανα που βρίσκετε στο παιχνίδι, να τα ανακατέψετε και να κάνετε αυτό το μείγμα βοτάνων δυσάρεστο. Ο τρόπος λήψης ενός αντικειμένου με προβλήματα είναι πάντα ο ίδιος. Κάντε τα εξής:

1. Ξεκινήστε ένα ΝΕΟ ΠΑΙΧΝΙΔΙ.

2. ΜΗΝ ΔΙΑΒΑΣΤΕ ΤΟ ΕΓΧΕΙΡΙΔΙΟ ΠΑΙΧΝΙΔΙΩΝ που μπορείτε να βρείτε στο απόθεμά σας. Μην το αγγίζετε!

3. ΜΗΝ σηκώσετε το μαχαίρι στην αίθουσα εκκίνησης. Μπορείτε να το παραλάβετε αργότερα στο παιχνίδι αφού εκτελέσετε το πρόβλημα.

4. Εάν θέλετε μπορείτε να παραλάβετε το πράσινο βότανο ή / και τα πυρομαχικά πιστόλι, είναι προαιρετικό.

5. Αφού φύγετε από το πρώτο δωμάτιο, μεταβείτε στην περιοχή όπου ο Steve δίνει πιστόλι μετά από μια κοπή σκηνή.

6. ΜΗΝ κάνετε τίποτα με το πιστόλι! ΜΗΝ πυροβολήσετε και μην αλλάξετε κάτι στο απόθεμά σας!

7. Πηγαίνετε στο επόμενο δωμάτιο όπου βλέπετε μια βεράντα. Σε αυτή τη βεράντα θα βρείτε ένα δεύτερο πράσινο βότανο. Περάστε από την πόρτα στο επόμενο δωμάτιο και πάρτε το τρίτο πράσινο βότανο που βρίσκεται στο τραπέζι στον επάνω όροφο.

8. Μεταβείτε στο απόθεμά σας. Προς το παρόν το πιστόλι είναι εξοπλισμένο. Ανακατέψτε τα τρία πράσινα βότανα. ΣΗΜΑΝΤΙΚΟ να έχει το μείγμα βοτάνων μόνιμη ΜΙΑ υποδοχή ΜΕΤΑ το πιστόλι. Πρέπει λοιπόν να το αναμίξετε με τη «σωστή» σειρά!

9. Μεταβείτε στο FILES στο μενού. Διαβάστε το ΕΓΧΕΙΡΙΔΙΟ ΠΑΙΧΝΙΔΙΩΝ από εκεί. ΜΗΝ το διαβάσατε από την κατηγορία ΕΙΔΗ!

10. Αφού διαβάσετε το εγχειρίδιο, θα δείτε, ότι το μη αυτόματο εικονίδιο αφαιρείται από το απόθεμά σας και είναι εξοπλισμένο το μείγμα βοτάνων.

11. Επιστρέψτε στο παιχνίδι και πυροβολήστε μερικές φορές με το πιστόλι. Θα δείτε ότι το πιστόλι σας πυροβολεί μόνο μία βολή. Μετά από αυτό το πλάνο, το πιστόλι είναι άδειο. Τώρα το εξοπλισμένο μείγμα βοτάνων έχει βλάψει.

12. Πηγαίνετε στο απόθεμα και χρησιμοποιήστε το μείγμα βοτάνων όσο συχνά θέλετε. Μπορείτε τώρα να κάνετε ό, τι θέλετε στο απόθεμα. Το μείγμα βοτάνων θα παραμείνει δυσλειτουργικό για όλο το παιχνίδι. Το U μπορεί επίσης να το βάλει σε ένα κουτί για να συνεχίσει να το χρησιμοποιεί αργότερα ως Chris.

Σημείωση: Δεν έχει σημασία ποιο είδος υγείας / πυρομαχικών θέλετε να δυσκολευτείτε. Είναι απλώς σημαντικό το στοιχείο που επιλέγετε να στέκεται μία υποδοχή μετά το εξοπλισμένο πιστόλι και μετά να διαβάσετε το εγχειρίδιο από την κατηγορία FILES. Αν επιλέξετε να πάρετε ένα μόνο βότανο και να το αναμίξετε με ένα άλλο βότανο μετά την εκτέλεση της δυσλειτουργίας, το μείγμα βοτάνων δεν θα έχει πλέον την ιδιότητα του απείρου. Γι 'αυτό μην το ανακατεύετε μετά την εκτέλεση της δυσλειτουργίας

Θα λειτουργήσει 100%. Δοκίμασα αυτό το πρόβλημα σήμερα και τελικά ξεκλειδώσαμε το χρυσό τρόπαιο μαζί του.

Καλα να περνατε!

with ammunition how does it work?  because all he does is empty the ammunition and then the gun so it is not infinite

• 3 weeks later...