Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

is it possible to follow an A rank video at the same time you're playing the game?

the only thing that is holding me off from buying the game is the a-rank playthrough.

what i'm asking is if it's possible to have an a-rank video play in the background while you're following along?

it's still boggling my mind how 100%'ing the game is a 5/10 when most people probably need a couple of playthroughs before they get the hang of the game and then they need to start the speedrun playthrough only to go through trial and error all the time.

mirror's edge is an 8/10 for the speedrun trials but at least you're not doing them all in 1 run, it saves for every trial you complete yet code veronica gets a 5/10 whereas you can only save after the tyrant boss on the plane. it doesn't really make sense to me.

but what i really want to know is the best possible way to go about getting a-rank, because i'm not going to bother playing through the game multiple times, i want to start right off the bat.

edit: to answer my own question, yes it's possible... i just did the first part on my first try. now on to the 2nd part.

Edited by TrophyQuest

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I managed to do what you described when this first came out on Dreamcast, although it requires a lot of concentration. I think it would be easier nowadays as there are video walkthroughs. Back in the day you only had text guides to follow!

• 2 years later...
I managed to do what you described when this first came out on Dreamcast, although it requires a lot of concentration. I think it would be easier nowadays as there are video walkthroughs. Back in the day you only had text guides to follow!

I feel so old when I remember the old days :p

Literally had to print out dozens of pages for walkthroughs.

• 1 month later...