Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

HI, well am near to the end of the game, but I stuck running from Steve, the guide says he will hit you 3 times & 2 times needed so you be dead, YOU MUST have a lot of healing items, well I don't have any heal items exepet the blue herb, always i try running from him he kills me after 2 hits, so how do I do it? i am always to near to win but he cut me.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/22/Shidori90.png

As Kheapathic says, you'll need a few healing items. But that doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to restart the game. Perhaps there are still some areas where you can find some green herbs as Chris? Because this battle can be triggered without having fully explored all the other areas yet, so in that case there might still be some herbs left (I know the area with all the ants has a few). You also get a red + green herb in the room where you first get to play as Claire again during this part. If she's still in good condition, then you should already save this one for the battle.

Also, needing "many" herbs is exaggerated; at full health, 2 max health-restoring ones should be enough to make it. Or maybe... hm, I need to check something.

<edit> Okay, I've checked and actually; if Claire is at full health, you only need 1 max health-restoring healing item. Just 1!

Since you get the red + green herb, that's all you need. Unless, of course, Claire is injured and you need to heal her with it. Then you'll have to find 3 green herbs as Chris first (possibly less; you just need to get Claire at full health before the battle).

For the battle;

[spoiler=43527659735]As soon as it starts; quick-turn immediately and run for the gate (try to run in a straight line as much as possible; too much zig-zagging will slow you down, which you cannot afford with just 1 healing item). Once you get hit, get into your inventory right away and heal up. Now, keep running! You'll get hit again, but just keep going. Right before he'll get the chance to hit you again and kill you off, the "you've made it" cutscene will be triggered.

So yes, with some practice, 1 full healing item is really all you need. I wouldn't recommend this on an A-rank speedrun, though. Too risky!

Edited by Xernova

• 5 months later...

i had the same problem, so i gave claire my grenade launcher and shot him and ran and shot him and ran which worked and i got past it. but now im stuck on the final boss battle with 16 magnum rounds some pistol rounds and half an AK clip and i cant seem to beat her so this would probably happen to you too.

Well, imo the grenade launcher really helps in the final battle, so it's too bad you can't get it back if you had Claire use it for that last part. As I've posted before;

I make sure to save some basic [grenade] rounds for the final boss. I don't like using the Magnum for that fight, simply firing 6-7 basic rounds in her face will usually take care of it. With those you don't need to waste much time carefully aiming like with the Magnum.

She always goes down very fast when I use those grenades against her.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, i just finished the first half, thanks to this roadmap/guides. Awesome job.

Anyway, i'm curious about my first half. I did a pretty good run, except for one little thing. When i had to save steve in the luger-room, i didn't hit C and E right away, the first time i hit A by accident, because i was nervous. But i realised it the second i did it, hit A again and than C and E, so i guess i lost about 2-3 seconds max. Now i'm a little bit afraid, about the "time it took you to save steve". Since i was very fast from the palace-door to the machine, will this still be count at least as "average"? Because that's all i need, right?

under 4.30 h: 8250

hermostatics to rodrigo: 250

didn' use first aid spray: 1800

Right? Can someone please answer this, i wanna do my second half today/tomorrow. Thanks.

Sry for posting this question in 2 different threads.

Hey guys, i just finished the first half, thanks to this roadmap/guides. Awesome job.

Anyway, i'm curious about my first half. I did a pretty good run, except for one little thing. When i had to save steve in the luger-room, i didn't hit C and E right away, the first time i hit A by accident, because i was nervous. But i realised it the second i did it, hit A again and than C and E, so i guess i lost about 2-3 seconds max. Now i'm a little bit afraid, about the "time it took you to save steve". Since i was very fast from the palace-door to the machine, will this still be count at least as "average"? Because that's all i need, right?

Right? Can someone please answer this, i wanna do my second half today/tomorrow. Thanks.

You should be fine for an A-Rank. The way I always understood is the amount of time they give is pretty lenient, even to get points.

• 2 weeks later...

Full recovery items are basically MANDATORY to survive Monster Steve's onslaught. As Kheapathic stated, if blue herb is all you got, you cannot progress the game any further. Restart from the point where you still have a handful of recovery items at your disposal ......

Here's another tip, if you skip the cutscene AS SOON AS Claire walks close enough to trigger the cut scene, you will actually retain further distance from Steve (compared to letting the cutscene run naturally) as you gain control over Claire again. This advantage can actually save you from using 1 full herb.

To explain it more simply, If you watch the cutscene, you will need to have 3 full recovery items to heal yourself before being able to reach the gate, but if you skip the cutscene as quickly as you can, you'll just need 2, or maybe even 1 if you get lucky & was at full health.

When you save Steve, usually he would just say :"That was too close, but I found some thing .... Thanks to you ...."

However if you took too long and didn't met the requirement for this event, he would say something else. Not sure what it is but its something like "What took you so long?"

Edited by doomgun

To explain it more simply, If you watch the cutscene, you will need to have 3 full recovery items to heal yourself before being able to reach the gate, but if you skip the cutscene as quickly as you can, you'll just need 2, or maybe even 1 if you get lucky & was at full health.

I already tested that and posted about it up above;

Also, needing "many" herbs is exaggerated; at full health, 2 max health-restoring ones should be enough to make it. Or maybe... hm, I need to check something.

<edit> Okay, I've checked and actually; if Claire is at full health, you only need 1 max health-restoring healing item. Just 1!

Since you get the red + green herb, that's all you need. Unless, of course, Claire is injured and you need to heal her with it. Then you'll have to find 3 green herbs as Chris first (possibly less; you just need to get Claire at full health before the battle).

I did skip the cutscene when I tested that, though I didn't know it made a difference whether you skip it or not. But yes, it's definitely doable with only 1 full-health healing item (further explained in my original post).

If you're lucky, and go into the Steve room with full health, you can get away with just 4 green herbs (2 green+green mixes). Turn and run straight away. He'll hit once taking you to orange health. Heal. Run. Get hit. Use second G+G mix. Now you should just be able to get to the end and trigger the cut scene before he strikes again. It's really close though. I remember having to try this loads on the Dreamcast but it works.

• 2 months later...