Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

General Tips on How to Survive?

Could someone explain to me the general, most effective and fairly simple strategies and tactics you should use in order to complete this game under 4h 30m ???

I know memorizing every aspect of the game and just doing it a lot faster is the obvious method - And I know that once a Trophy Guide is up, there will be general tips on the best ways to conserve ammo and health, strategies on different enemies and certain puzzles (and the fastest ways to go about them) But to anyone that has 100% on this game, and knows it like the back of their hand - could you put up a list of to do's and don'ts?

I dont have time for a huuuuuuge walkthrough. I am familier with every other resi game and currently speeding through resi4. Just need some advise on how to play this game without making it hard on myself.

The Knife is your friend if you want to conserve ammo, also, whenever you face zombies and you really want to avoid them, just run up to them, mash the buttons and then let go of them completly unharmed, also works when they turn around and grab at you. Also use the Herb mixtures sparingly, and also, certain enemies have weakpoints as well.

The knife in CV is probably the best knife in the series, but it's still a knife. Picking it up will use up an item slot you don't want to waste for the game's first 20 minutes.

General tips:

If this is your first time playing the game then do not go for the rocket launcher. Play it slow, and make a note of where every item in the game is. First Aid sprays are meaningless, but every other item will be useful.

Always pick up the two-slot weapons, and empty them. Clair's semi-auto pistols will get you up to the administration building, and the AK will finish off Alexander quickly if you got at least one heart shot on him. Chris' auto pistols tear hunters up.

There is also a lot of ammo in the game so long as you know what to use it on. You can skip almost every bandersnatch in the game. It's not worth killing the bandersnatches in either the office or the meeting room. I had no problem dodging the bandersnatches that appeared on the walkway between the training and administration buildings, and I think the bandersnatches outside the mansion get refreshed after you use both blue plates, so they're probably not worth killing either.

Do not fight the Albinoid. With the possible exception of the two in the passageway leading to the Albinoid you also probably don't want to fight any spider in the game, and those two are only a threat if you stop for items.

I did a normal playthrough with a bunch of mistakes, but didn't have to use a single first aid spray, and went into the final fight with 11 magnum bullets, 37 explosive darts, and a combined total of I think 30+ different grenade types, but I only needed the magnum bullets and like 10 darts to take out alexia. I also had 40 shotgun shells i never needed to use. My final time was 5:14.

Edited by sodacat

Thanks a bunch! Definitely the kind of advise I was looking for!

I don't like using health and ammo when its Unnecessary*in games. So thanks again for the heads up! I am currently attempting 100% on resi 4 and getting costumes before starting pro difficulty, so as soon as I nail that, I'll put my code Veronica head on! Resident evil for LIFE!

• 1 year later...

super late response but if anyone still looks through this thread here's some tips ^.^

if you're looking to complete the game in under 4 hours and 30 minutes

do it on your second playthrough because you're just going to stress yourself out xD

take it slow on your first playthrough and take note of where zombies spawn :]

doing so will make your second playthrough so much easier as you'll also know what

you should take in your inventory and what should be stored in your itembox to save inventory space.

- don't take the knife (if you want to complete the game in under 4.5 hours)

because it's too slow and not really that powerful and half the time you're bound

to get grabbed plus it's a waste of a inventory space which could go towards herbs or ammo

also that's another thing there's more than enough ammo in the game if you play it smart ^.^

at the end of the game I had over 150 handgun ammo, along with 20 shotgun shells,

50 different grenade rounds, 160 bowgun arrows with 20 explosive rounds, 20% (+50% mag) Assault Rifle,

and 6 rounds left for the magnum :p clearly I was playing it too safe! and should've used more

of my ammo but it just goes to show there's plenty of ammo in the game if you don't play it like RE4 or RE5 xD

- try not to waste too much ammo on zombies in areas that you know you're not going to come back!

however don't be afraid to shoot a few rounds into a zombie if you can't get past without getting hurt :p

once the zombie is down, you can run past the body before it gets up thus saving you a few bullets :]

but only if you can't get past a zombie that's in an area you're not going to return back to :p

- combining herbs, try not to mix 3 green herbs together for a full heal if you can because

if you find a red herb that can save you 2 green herbs which can be used separately to heal

a yellow caution or two, instead of having to waste a full heal on a yellow caution :]

however if you found a lot of herbs in one place and you know you're not coming back

later to get them then don't be afraid to combine them herbs together :]

Bosses tips!

- when you get the BOW gas rounds use two of them on the tyrant and one on Alexia's 2nd form.

for the tyrant first appearance use one BOW round on him and then it should only take 3 or 4 grenade rounds on him.

for the tyrant's second fight on the plane, use one BOW round on him and then 10 or 15 explosive bow gun on him and it should

be enough to hurt him to be able to push him off,

however shoot a few handgun/grenade rounds into him if you're scared its not enough :p

- playing as chris against the worm, it only takes 10 explosive bowgun rounds to kill it!

so make sure that the bowgun is in the chest before you play as chris :]

killing the worm will get you the lighter which can be used to get the sub machine guns :]

if you picked up the sub machine guns be sure to save at least 25% of it for your first Alexia fight

which is the scene where Wesker leaves you and Alexia together to fight it out :]

it only takes more or less 20% of your sub machine gun rounds to put her down :]

thus saving you your magnum rounds :D

Final fight with Alexia - shoot her with a magnum round before she touches Claire

and she should start mutating into her second form afterwards shoot your last BOW round at her

and then fire away at her with every single explosive bowgun rounds and if she's still changed,

fire away some magnum rounds and she should turn into her final form :] which is easy :]

grab the linear launcher, dodge her spit attacks if you haven't got a lot of heals or just stand

in one place and shoot to the side of her as she will always dodge to her sides, if you're lucky it should

only take one shot :D

well I hope all this helps someone, enjoy the game! ^.^

Alexia 1 pissed me off during my speed run. I beat her so many times before, she was docile and I was able to unload 5 magnum shots and kill her.

On my 4 attempts on my speed run, she was supper aggro, I ran away, pop off 2 shots and I'm instantly stuck in her flames.

2nd time, as soon as it starts, vertical flames right at me followed by a quick horizontal flame splash and I was stuck and grabbed again.

3rd time, I panicked. I did a quick 180 and ran....but I got stuck on the flames by the steps...this was just me being nervous.

4th time, i quickly run down but she unleashed 3 rapid flame attacks and i'm stuck and grabbed.

I never seen her so aggro the six times I beat her before, normally I can stand still and squeeze 5 shots or run up to the tiger room's door and shoot.

This morning I tried something new. Stood still and shot 3 grenade rounds at her. She fell during the 2nd shot.

I also used the flame rounds against the worm boss with Chris. 4 flame rounds and the cutscene popped up. Sometimes 5 or 6 shots if I'm shooting the worm from the back...but 4 head on.

My biggest time sink is Noferatu, my first run was simple, 7 snipes and 2 trigger pulls with the burst pistol. I simply couldnt see through the fog and aim at the heart.