Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

Code Veronica?

Oh, so was it originally for DreamCast? I didn't know it!! Actually it wasn't just about the graphics. Having played all previous RE games it felt like the gameplay got old. i wasn't impressed. Then I don't remember very well because it was a long time ago. I may give it a try, since my dear PS2 is dead and so it is my first Phat PS3 with PS2 b/c.

Hopefully Sony will make the price mistake again!!

I played it first on the DreamCast ages ago. The PS2 version is much better in terms of the storyline as well, let's just say that they were able to add more important stuff that filled the plotholes and made the RE series' continuity make more sense.

Code Veronica is a classic. IMHO this was more RE 3 than RE 3: Nemesis was lol. Sigh don't make RE games like they used to and I agree that RE Zero and RE1 remake for the GC was WOW. Code Veronica is somewhat of a longer game too as far as the old RE's are concerned. And it's coming out for US PSN today! Yay!

I bought my Code Veronica and it was Blast, its all i can say its still a true Resident Evil, the last of its kind ;) (Yh REmake & RE 0 were the last)

So the game doesnt have Awesome graphics because it came before the PS2 got it? lol

Its still one of the best Dreamcast games imo

agree with you , CV:X one of the RE Series , it's just remember me when we play RE 1 + 2 + 3 , the puzzles , the horror , the real zombies .. it's really a horror game , not like RE 4 + RE5 just run and Kill !!! we want to make our brains work , we want the fear and the great story

any one have a great history with the horror games will tells you CV:X a great game !! and I will buy it soon as come to UK store :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the game, downloaded it eventually. 4.5GB for me is a big deal, unfortunately.

BIG MISTAKE!! 10 euro throw into the garbage. Now I remember what was wrong with it: the controls. Totally retarded. The left thumb-stick is unusable. I have to use the D-pad like I did in the PS2. Same bad experience I had with Tomb Raider angel of darkness.

Controls apart the game was cool, true. I remember it now. But as an HD remaster I am really disappointed. The controls were bad in the PS2 age, they are totally unacceptable with the PS3. And let's just not talk about the graphics.

Got it on PS2 2 years ago, and I really enjoyed it. I think the Alexia Ashford storyline was one of the strongest the series has had.

The HD remaster itself is bad, the in-game graphics are slightly better, but the cutscenes look pixellated and untouched.

I wish I waited longer to read reviews, because I would have been perfectly happy with my PS2 version.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm kind of disappointed with this release though. I like re-playing it, but as a poster above me said; I could've just dig up my DC and played my old copy of the game.

Isn't the Dreamcast version missing several cutscenes which were added to the PS2's CVX version?

[spoiler=4326751249345]Most of the Wesker cutscenes, that is. And I know the Wesker vs Alexia scene is different with Wesker getting his ass kicked, unlike in the PS2 version.

So that's different, at least. Unless the CVX version was released on Dreamcast as well, I wouldn't know.

Isn't the Dreamcast version missing several cutscenes which were added to the PS2's CVX version?

[spoiler=4326751249345]Most of the Wesker cutscenes, that is. And I know the Wesker vs Alexia scene is different with Wesker getting his ass kicked, unlike in the PS2 version.

So that's different, at least. Unless the CVX version was released on Dreamcast as well, I wouldn't know.

That's pretty much it. Just a few cutscenes and extended ending which gave Wesker a bit more screen time. The PS2 version also had Wesker give Alexia one good hit before leaving where in the DC she swatted him down like a fly and he scurries away.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
CV is basically the best retro style RE out of the entire franchise.

I'm going with REmake for Gamecube myself (probably also the best remake I've ever played of any game).

Code Veronica has just a little bit too much backtracking for my liking (having to go through both major locations in the game twice doesn't really help). But other than that, it's still one of my favorites because of the story (possibly the best RE story, if you ask me), the soundtrack (my favorite RE OST without a doubt!) and despite the backtracking it's still a great game.

I'm really torn between the REmake and CVX. I love both. I grew up playing the tank style controlled resident evils and they are amazing. People these days don't realise how far ahead of the rest of the field they were, although they have aged terribly. RE4EVR!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I was turned off by it during the PS2 days because of the lack of ammo and I found the game sort of hard to figure out. Going back to the HD remaster though, I'm liking it quite a bit. The cutscenes are cool and it's always a plus to have Wesker as the big bad. Some of the monsters are tough though like the zombies with the stretching arms.

• 5 months later...
Am I the only one that didn't find RE:CV very good? I bough it together with my new PS2 10 years ago and I have been disappointed at the time. I was expecting something more like the next RE4. It felt like a better graphics PS1 game.

When I play it a loooong time ago on ps2, I know that it was just a port from dreamcast, so I know what to expect. I remember that I liked this game, but it definitelly wasn't the best resident evil game, and when I play it today I see it average. The backtracking is really painful in this game, the boss battles aren't balanced, the story is cheap and not too addictive. I think that the first three games are still better than veronica.