Rate the trophy difficulty  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.58

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• 2 weeks later...

i was looking forward to do this and was, i confess, a bit concerned if i was gonna be able to get the rocket launcher...

played this back on the dreamcast and never got it (but never tried too)

now i am doing two games simultaneously: one smoothly and one speed run

i am almost finishing the "slow" game and i already defeated the tyrant on the "fast" one in 1h47min on the first try

guess it's not that difficult... but maybe it's because i already know the game

i will vote after i finish everything (maybe tomorrow)

Usually it would be a 6 but the fact that the game timer can not be stopped when you press select bumps that rocket launcher trophy and the game up to an 8....will take me more time now but i did it in the older version so im getting my damn rpg!!!!

Yeah, not being able to stop the timer and take a break really sucks, which is why I'll first be playing through the game normally again and make some notes.

Sadly, speedrun guides aren't of much help at this point, I need to find the method that works best for me. I don't want to spend all that time doing a speedrun only to realize that I'm not doing well enough halfway through the game. I want to be what they call "crazy prepared"!

This will definitely get at least a 7 from me, but I'm not voting until I get that last trophy. Depending on how well it goes, I might still give it more, but certainly not less. Just the sheer amount of gamer-stress this kind of trophy gives me is worth a 7... :S

it's a 4-5, just finished everything... you just have to be careful on the final, against alexia (1st boss) and when you will put the crystal on the floor so you don't get smashed (yup, i forgot about that and that happen to me lol)

speed run in 3h18min

batte master is not a problem too, since the map is the same for all 5 characters

Edited by grievoblivioned

Finished my first playthrough, and it took over 8 hours, which probably included a lot of unnecessary backtracking due to the amount of items you have to juggle and screwing myself up by giving Claire most of the cool weapons before switching to Chris forever and not being able to access them. Stupid game.

Aside from that, I love the storyline of Alexia, which it wish could have been explored a little deeper. I died a lot on the plane tyrant and the end fight with Alexia, plus some silly mistakes from panicking.

I am not even going to bother trying for an A game. If I got all the way to the end and died I would be so angry, and it would be such a huge waste of my time, seeing as I only get around an hour a day to play games.

Edited by tomdrama

I gave this one a 4. The story is pretty easy. & Getting the rocket launcher isn't hard at all. Most people get it after their first playthrough. The only trophy that was a little challenging for me was linear launcher. Battle Game was a pain in the ass but I was patient & quick & got on A rank on every char within just a couple hours. Wesker wasn't the hardest one to get an A rank in, I honestly had most trouble with Chris, even though he has the magnum lol.

I gave it an 8. I thought it was fairly difficult, the Rocket Launcher trophy was very stressful, because you couldn't save(except for that one particular mid-game free-save). The fear of dying after you had advanced far in the game, while knowing you hadn't saved once, made the boss fights become mentally very stressful. You really need to know exactly where to go to and where all the herbs are. I played it through twice before actually attempting the A-rank run. The A-rank for Wesker in battle mode was no cakewalk either! Not an easy 100%! Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I know I've played this on the PS2 back in the day, and I have gotten this back then too... but now I'm too damn rusty...

I beat it a few days ago and got Rank D... Now I have to get ready to beat it again...

By the way am I the only person who didn't know about the save? I remember I couldn't save at all so I just played and got pissed whenever Alexia killed me,,,

• 2 months later...

I gave it a 5.

The only reason for this "high" rating is the A rank run and Wesker in Battle Mode. For Chris in Battle Mode, it is just the second form of the final boss that offers some challenge, but it is easy once you learn how to shoot her. Holding down R1 and then up, and when Chris is raising his magnum - somewhere in the middle of the process - you shoot. Not hard at all, you just have to know the right method.

Wesker on the other hand depends on not just your skills using the knife, clever use of healing items (you will need almost every single one) but on luck aswell when fighting 2 hunters at once. That is why that run was really annoying for me. Once I finally got to Alexia (4-5. try), I had 5 magnum rounds, and shooting those into her was not enough. I was cornered and she was closing in. I managed one knife slash into her and that was enough to kill her. I almost got a heart attack...

A rank story mode. I always hate speed runs especially in surviving horror games such as this one. it ruins the atmosphere because you are forced to skip cutscenes and files, and you don't have the time to explore everything. But everything for the trophies, right?

I played this game many times back in the PS2 times but never attempted it because of the aformentioned problems. For this you need proper preparations, so it is quite easy, but without that it can be a pain. Ashe10 has a good A rank video walkthrough here on this forum (thank you very much) which I watched and meanwhile I was writing down in a doc in short words what to do. (1. into door left, grab emblem, push switch, etc.) Also I noted what to put into the chest and what to bring with myself including key items and supplies. This prevents the unnecessary backtrackings. Yes it took me about 4 hours (spreading it in 3 days) but it was worth the effort. Then I asked my girlfriend to read the next step during the game. You can do it alone aswell, because this way you have more than enough time to read your to do list, it is just not that comfortable. Took me about 3 h 30 mins to do the run, and it was my first try since I played this game about 4 years ago.

There are very easy ways to kill the bosses with the proper weapons and tactics. The exception is Nosferatu, that killed me 2 times. But luckily that boss is about 15 minutes from the free half-game save so not a big deal. Emptied the scoped rifle then used handgun shots. That's all.

I must admit, that without a video guide, it would be a 7 for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally this game is a 3/10 to me, but thats only because I've played through the main story more than 10 times, as well as spent an entire month playing nothing but Battle Game mode back in the Dreamcast days. With the help of Kheapathic's guides giving me the password and combos of certain locked areas, saving me the time to figure them out again, I managed to unlock all achievements in a single day. I was also lucky enough to grab a Magnum for Wesker on the 1st attempt so I didn't have to repeat any character's battle game. Good old Memories all coming back ....

As for anyone that has never played this game, I gave it a 7/10, cos thats how I felt back then. It took me three playthroughs before finally unlocking the Rocket Launcher for the 1st time.

Unlocked all achievements on Xbox 360 version thats why it's not on my PSN trophy profile.

Edited by doomgun

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Give it a 4/10. Nothing difficult, just get familiar with the classic RE and get focused on it.

LOL. I'm not a noob and i have big problems to get A rank. Right now i finished games 4th times and get D rank 4h and 08 min, 2 saves and 1 retry. No used First Aid Spray. According to me this is very good score. Don't vote on 4,5 or 6 in difficulty. this game is at least on 7-8 to get 100%, becose u have to know very well entire game, do not save game or u cannot die..inum

Dead Space 2 are very easier to get platinhium..

I have question, becose i can't find info anywhere about this. If i do A-rank in all characters in battle mode, than i get Linerar Luncher, right? But i can use it in normaly playtrough than or what?

Specialy for this post i made account on this site. I used yours guides a lot, but this is not fair giving this game dilight 4-6. If u get 100% of game or platinium than every game is easy becose u made it ut start thinking about how hard was to get it.

• 6 months later...

Before going for A Rank, I was going to grade it about 9. It sure isn't easy. But after getting it, I thought it would be way harder that what it actually was.

I first played the game about 6~7 years ago and only played it again with the HD version. Then I finished the game twice more, played the battle game (wesker was a lot hard, ffs) then went for Weapon Crazy.

I finished the first half in 1:45 then final time was 4:01. The biggest issue for me was Nosferatu, but I was always nervous about dying, even though I didn't, it adds up to difficulty.

I personally had to write a whole guide for each half of the game so I could know what to do and not lose too much. Also, some skills with this type of gameplay are required.

So I vote for a 8 difficulty rate.

Too bad this game does not have a plat, it sure deserves one.

I rated it with a 5!

I thought it would be much harder to get the 100% in this game..

the story part wasn't actually that hard, even though I got the rocket launcher (A-Rank) in my 2nd playthrough @ 3h27m =)

The "toughest" part (and that's why I rated it with a 5) was the Battle Mode with Wesker.. I needed about 20 tries before I finally beat it (20 min)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This seems a bit tricky to rate.

I completed my first playthrough in 4:37. No deaths. First part took me almost 3 hours because I followed a text guide. Second part is when I used a video, which if I did in the first place, I would have finished Weapon Crazy on the first playthrough.

So I memorized the video walkthrough by Mike Bettencourt on YouTube and repeated part 2. Completed it 38 minutes faster with 6 deaths (all at Nosferatu).

Now when I think of that, it was not hard to cut time and beat Nosferatu. I also used the infinite herb glitch (which now I believe I did not need), but I had to figure out how to mix the herbs so I restarted a few times. I even managed to perfect dodging the zombies at the start of the game (one of the hardest dodges apparently).

I realized that there is actually enough ammo in this game to kill every enemy. I was rather surprised.

Anyway, then there was battle game which was pretty cool. I managed Claire on the third try, Claire (Umbrella) requires luck (B.O.W. Rounds is 20%, FAS 40%, DIJ 40%), but I actually would have made the time if I did not visit the slot machine. Chris, I did on the second try in around 5:50. I messed up the magnum tip by pressing the buttons at the same time. Big mistake. Steve was done on the second try because I got myself cornered in the second hunter room with my head decapitated in the first try lol. I managed Wesker on the first try. I was screwed over on the Alexia fight as I shot all of my rounds into her. 5/6 hit her and she did not go down! Man, that was terrifying. I spent 2 minutes running around looking for an opening to slash her until I said, "fuck it" and slashed her on her side and she then went down.

I believe I was too far away when shooting her so it did not do enough damage so be reasonably close if anyone happens to try and shoot her.

Overall, this game was pretty easy so I am giving this a 2/10. I wish it had more trophies. I am glad this game was daunting to play, it really did not make it a bore.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not agree what so ever with who ever says the difficulty to get 100% in this game is 5.5 ... First of all let me just say, in 15 days i got 100% in RE5, RE6 , RE orc (orc trophy difficulty says its 8.5) and almost finished RE4 ... ive been trying to complete this game for almost a month now and i just cant get that A rank, i can barley beat the game without dying... so yeah in conclusion i do not agree with 5.5 as the difficulty.. and i think they should put the trophy difficulty for this one to at least 8... well thats my opinion :p

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...