Is LAN based COOP possible in RE6?

phoeni4495

Has anyone figured out if RE6 can do LAN co-op, and how do you do it? I didn't see it in the menus.

And I've seen this in other forums that some people mistaker the two, but local coop (splitscreen) is different from LAN play. LAN is using two systems, two disks connected through a local router. Both of these are totally different from online play. Surely no one is confused on what online play is.

No disrespect meant but I've seen many wasted replies that were confusing splitscreen VS LAN play. Thanks.

Has anyone figured out if RE6 can do LAN co-op, and how do you do it? I didn't see it in the menus.

And I've seen this in other forums that some people mistaker the two, but local coop (splitscreen) is different from LAN play. LAN is using two systems, two disks connected through a local router. Both of these are totally different from online play. Surely no one is confused on what online play is.

No disrespect meant but I've seen many wasted replies that were confusing splitscreen VS LAN play. Thanks.

There is no possibility to play RE6 in LAN. It´s splitscreen or via servers... LAN-mode in a game nowadays is a real rarity. And having no LAN, in games is mostly because of piratism and services like Hamachi and Tungle. :(

Edited by pZiuz

• 2 weeks later...

I just came accross this recently and wanted to know if anyone else has figured out how to play through system link or now....

Co-Optimus is usually really good about getting their faqs/facts straight so I was hoping this was true. Anyone else figure this out??? Sorry for harping on this matter but I like LAN based coop so much more, because when there's a network hiccup, provider issue, or the server is old and turned off (Army of Two" , I can still play with a buddy in my house without having to worry about the issues above.

"http://www.co-optimus.com/article/9122/resident-evil-6-co-op-faq.html"

"How many players can play Resident Evil 6 via system link or LAN?

Two players can play via LAN or system link through any of the game's campaigns or Mercenaries."

"What are the network options of Resident Evil 6?

Friends Only, Invite Only, Open, System Link"

• 5 months later...