Skill point farming tips *Leon Ch. 4 Spoilers*

WilHiteWarrior

If you're like me and aren't very good at mercenaries or just don't like it, Leon: Chapter 4 is a great chapter for farming skill points.

[spoiler=Skillpoints]First while on the plane there is a chest worth 5,000 skill points all the way in

the back.

After that you'll come across some enemies. I don't know what they're called but when you shoot them theyll split in half at the torso and if you shoot their hands they will sever as well and all the pieces will come after you. If you can sever both hands and torso and legs then when the last piece "dies" they'll drop 3,000 skill points per creature. Only once per creature unfortunately but there will be three of these things so you can get 9,000 from them.

After that you'll come to a long hallway to an elevator at the end with lasers that you have to slide under. Stay close to the right wall, Run as fast as you can and when you near the end slide, lie on the ground and quickly shoot the lights on either side of the door, stand back up and book it to the elevator. If you get there first then there will be two chests when the elevator reaches the top, each with 2,000 skill points inside

After that there will be a room with mines bouncing around the room and Helena has to hack the door. Leon will have to protect her from the mines. Again, you'll need to be fast here. If you get through it quickly enough then there will be three chests outside the room. Two with 5,000 skill points each and one with 4,000. If you don't make it these chests will be empty. If you think you've wasted too much time in either the hallway or the room with the mines, reload the checkpoint and try again. If you fail you'll instantly get a checkpoint but you can quit to the main menu and continue from the save point to get another try but you will have to do the laser hallway again.

If you successfully get all these skill points then it will be worth a total of 32,000 skill points per run :)

Edited by WilHiteWarrior

If you're like me and aren't very good at mercenaries or just don't like it, Leon: Chapter 4 is a great chapter for farming skill points.

[spoiler=Skillpoints]First while on the plane there is a chest worth 5,000 skill points all the way in

the back.

After that you'll come across some enemies. I don't know what they're called but when you shoot them theyll split in half at the torso and if you shoot their hands they will sever as well and all the pieces will come after you. If you can sever both hands and torso and legs then when the last piece "dies" they'll drop 3,000 skill points per creature. Only once per creature unfortunately but there will be three of these things so you can get 9,000 from them.

After that you'll come to a long hallway to an elevator at the end with lasers that you have to slide under. Stay close to the right wall, Run as fast as you can and when you near the end slide, lie on the ground and quickly shoot the lights on either side of the door, stand back up and book it to the elevator. If you get there first then there will be two chests when the elevator reaches the top, each with 2,000 skill points inside

After that there will be a room with mines bouncing around the room and Helena has to hack the door. Leon will have to protect her from the mines. Again, you'll need to be fast here. If you get through it quickly enough then there will be three chests outside the room. Two with 5,000 skill points each and one with 4,000. If you don't make it these chests will be empty. If you think you've wasted too much time in either the hallway or the room with the mines, reload the checkpoint and try again. If you fail you'll instantly get a checkpoint but you can quit to the main menu and continue from the save point to get another try but you will have to do the laser hallway again.

If you successfully get all these skill points then it will be worth a total of 32,000 skill points per run :)

It's much faster to just play the beginning of chapter 5 of Chris's campaign. In the room with levers and all the enemies that come out of cocoons, you can get around 20,000 points. Once you leave the room, the game saves and you can exit to the main menu and repeat. The whole process takes 5-10 minutes. I think there's another thread that explains this better, but I'm too lazy to look for it. Also, there's a youtube video.

It's much faster to just play the beginning of chapter 5 of Chris's campaign. In the room with levers and all the enemies that come out of cocoons, you can get around 20,000 points. Once you leave the room, the game saves and you can exit to the main menu and repeat. The whole process takes 5-10 minutes. I think there's another thread that explains this better, but I'm too lazy to look for it. Also, there's a youtube video.

Awesome, thanks!!!

I found my method quicker but whatever works for you. Also Ive discovered that every time you hit a checkpoint, you can reload it and kill the things again to get the 3k bonuses from them again (and you hit a lot of checkpoints in that area). After discovering that I started making over 100,000 points per run :D

I found my method quicker but whatever works for you. Also Ive discovered that every time you hit a checkpoint, you can reload it and kill the things again to get the 3k bonuses from them again (and you hit a lot of checkpoints in that area). After discovering that I started making over 100,000 points per run :D

So restaring checkpoints you keep the points you have earned after them? :confused: I thought this data was lost?

As long as you hit the checkpoint AFTER youve picked up the skill points then yes you'll retain them but you'll hit a lot of checkpoints in the area with those things and reloading that checkpoing will cause the enemies to respawn in full so you can collect the skill points again.

For example when you pick up one of hte keys youll hit a checkpoint so you can reload the checkpoint there, kill the monsters again and get your skill points again every time.

When you unbar doors youll hit checkpoints and when you use the keys in the door each time it will be a checkpoint

Edited by WilHiteWarrior

That's gotta take at least an hour, right?

u mentioned chapter 5 on chris's campaign? i checked for a youtube video but couldnt find it.

I remember there's also a briefcase which contains 5000 skill points that you can obtain from the same area you face that regenerator monster (For leon part). It's located at the other roof in which you have to access to retrieve the C key (by helping Helena to reach it) and the 4th emblem. Checking this roof from the right will give you access to this briefcase, well as Helena, dont remember if Leon can access to this part, like if there was a ladder.

Has anyone ever tried just playing this part and exiting to main menu , as it _saves when u do it , so DONT go past the checkpoint as it will put you there when u restart from last checkpoint

It doesn't save anything if you don't see "Saving..." on screen before you exit.

I've been doing Chris's Chapter 5 a few times almost ready for a 3rd infinite weapon, can someone join in co-op before you get to that part to start farming! I hated the part where Piers has to where have to pull 2 levers to stop fans, so i just play as Chris.