Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
dividedbyn1ght

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Premium Edition

For the most part I donít think collectorís editions or deluxe versions of games are worth the higher price tags they command. At best you get an art book or a soundtrack CD, and unless the game is something special in either of those areas, the extras just end up taking shelf space.

With Resident Evil 6, thereís a much more useful item in the Premium Edition of the game. The problem is, most people either wonít be able to afford it, or be willing to pay to get it.

Resident Evil 6 Premium Edition is expensive. Owning it will cost you 105,000 yen, which is $1,300 dollars. Why would you consider paying that much for CapcomĎs latest Resident Evil game? Because it actually includes a leather jacket just like the one worn by Leon in the game.

As well as the game and jacket, Capcom has been kind enough to throw in four tablet cases, which are used to store herb items in the game. These arenít cases to put a tablet in for protection in case you were wondering.

Even if you are contemplating hitting your savings or credit card to acquire the Premium Edition, it seems highly unlikely Capcom will offer it in the West. To acquire it in Japan you have to buy it through Capcomís own online store called e-Capcom. It will be very limited in quantity, and the jacket is sure to disappear quickly in the size you want (itís available in S, M, L, and XL).

Resident Evil 6, sporting a brand new control system and zombies using weapons, is scheduled for release on October 2 in standard edition form for the much more reasonable price of $60

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The 105,000 Yen Resident Evil 6 Premium Edition -- Andriasang.com

Pricey
Old 04-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Gnyg

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

That's a cool jacket. But it's to expensive for my case. Also I do have a leatherjacket so the need isn't there. :P

Gnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
WINAS3

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

There is no way I would spend that much money on a special edition for a game, even this one...
Old 04-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Member of the Month Winner   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   5,000 Posts   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Not enough cash stranger!!!!

Crapcom, I never thought I say this, but over the past few years and months. And releasing free DLC with no trophies on the psn store yesterday and now a $1300 Premium Edition...I gotta say fuck you!
Blaze Naruto Shippuden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Ryukori
Member of the Month

Awards Showcase Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronze Submission   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   Jack of All Trades   Community Gaming Event Silver   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

$1200 is too much. Even if it does come with the leather jacket, I wouldn't spend more than $400-500 on it. It would really suck if Resident Evil 6 was the worst game in the series, and you bought this edition.

Trophy Cards
Ryukori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
MrMinderbinder

Awards Showcase Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenarutoshippuden View Post
Ahhh!!!! I'll buy it at a high price!

I remember when RE3 came out for the PS1. They had wool jackets with the game logo, and I believe it came in a special edition package for, like, 30 extra bucks. However, I was working at a Software, Etc. at the time, and I got one for free. Still have it. Itchy as hell, but I still have it.

Still, $1300 extra bucks? Maybe I need to get a job at Gamestop... they still give free stuff to employees, yes?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Cornagandarub

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenarutoshippuden View Post

Crapcom, I never thought I say this, but over the past few years and months. And releasing free DLC with no trophies on the psn store yesterday and now a $1300 Premium Edition...I gotta say fuck you!
Now this is pretty expensive for a collectors edition even if it's a nice jacket and I'm certainly not defending Capcom, but what's wrong with free DLC? If it doesn't have trophies that's them trying to screw you?

Last edited by Cornagandarub; 04-11-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Cornagandarub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Member of the Month Winner   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   5,000 Posts   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornagandarub View Post
Now this is pretty expensive for a collectors edition even if it's a nice jacket and I'm certainly not defending Capcom, but what's wrong with free DLC? If it doesn't have trophies that's them trying to screw you?
In a sense yes, it's about 15-30 minutes
Blaze Naruto Shippuden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
SoaringEagle23

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   2,500 Posts   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I'm definitely not getting this, even though the leather jacket is the most alluring thing about it. Capcom's probably stepped the price up so high because the production of the game must be ridiculously high as I "heard" that the crew of the game is around 600 people. If they were to lower the price to a moderately higher range (~ $200) for the edition, they'd probably sell more than they would this game. Still, it seems like they need the money bad, and it's not going to go well for them if they keep the price this high.

SoaringEagle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
Phodda

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I will. No matter this high price, I'll get this. Man, that's SO awesome!!!
Phodda is offline   Reply With Quote