HUGE year for RE fans!

darthvyper

3 RE games (Revelations for 3DS, Operation Raccoon City & Resident Evil 6) also the movie Resident Evil: Retribution (trailer: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZDtA7wt9o]RESIDENT EVIL RETRIBUTION - Official Trailer - In Theaters 9/14 - YouTube[/ame] )!!! I personally can't wait for any of this! I'm so F**KING stoked for this year!!!:dance::guns::drool:

EDIT: Also recently added to the line up is Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection & the CG movie RE: DAMNATION!!!!! YES!!!!

Edited by darthvyper

Hell of a year for RE is right. Will be getting RC, and 6, but only revelations if they port it to vita as that's the only handheld I MIGHT get...not sure yet. The movie....not so much as I don't like the direction its going. I'll prob watch (like the others) hoping for something I prob. won't get.

Don't know why Capcom do this : we want better and huge multiplayer in Resident Evil 6 game but not an ORC. Im done with ORC for sure. But i don't know, maybe ORC will be better game because of the multiplayer, who knows, but i don't like that cuz it's only a spinoff.

I've considered ORC; it all looks good on paper (and screens and CGI trailers), but seeing extended gameplay really killed the deal for me. The game looks extremely boring to play.

In fact, it's all merchandising... This game won't be as good as some people are saying.

As for the movies, I did enjoy the first two ones. The third was acceptable, and the last one was mediocre... Just so awful I almost puke on theater...

Hope this next one to be better. And pray for RE6 live up its expetations...

Yeah, the RE6 trailer may look cool, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Imo the RE5 trailer (more specifically the "right to play God" one) made RE5 look epic. I've still got that trailer sitting on my PC because I just love that one; but those scenes aren't nearly as impressive when you're playing the game, they just put the best parts in the trailer.

So I'll just keep that in mind before getting too excited about RE6's trailer. ;P

Resi 6 and Damnation are what I'm mainly interested in, given they're have the biggest affect on the canon. However I'm still interested in Retribution. The movies are terrible in comparison to the games, story wise, but if the movies were named under a different title, they would be considerably better. I like them for what they are.

She's cute but im just not getting the strong woman sense that Ms. Wong radiates.

I'd agree, but it's hard to say based on just that picture. Has she already been shown dressed as Ada? And I imagine her hair will be shorter too.

Oh, nvm. Google, do your work;

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/resident-evil-5-photo-reveals-ada-wong-full-costume.jpg

Well, she at least looks like Ada.

Eh, why do I even care? It's not like I'm ever going to watch that movie. Probably has more to do with me being a big Ada fan. I was just curious to see what her movie-counterpart would be like. ;)

But the films are awful. If anything, it decreases the quality of RE this year.

I'm with you on this one, the films are terrible. the 1st was mildly entertaining, but they have all been garbage since then. And the trailer for the new one? Are you kidding me? I didn't think they could get any worse, but I'm being proved wrong...

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, its an awesome year for people who love Resident Evil... can't wait to get my hands on ORC and 6... I'm sure 6 will become a modern classic... I'm on the fence about Retribution because I have no idea how they're going to cram that many characters and plot points into one move but who knows they may pull it off. Looking forward to it regardless just to see some some crazy mindless action lol

• 2 months later...
YES! You're right! Thank you very much! I forgot to add that when I found out about it!:applause:

Well, actually, you also forgot about the Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection coming out soon. Yeah, a lot of Resident Evil fans probably already played Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles on Wii, but it's still nice to get these two games on PS3 too.