Resident evil 6 trailer is so amazing

Flames

Resident Evil 6 will release on November 20, 2012 for PS3 and 360, with a PC version to follow. The game is set to be “the most ambitious, immersive and feature rich title of the series to date and promises to be the dramatic horror experience of the year”.

Link

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-t0Xhji8c8]Resident Evil 6 Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

What do you think?

IM FACKING HYPED

Edited by Flames

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pleasantly surprised, if only because of how awesome the Leon sequence looks.

The game's three protagonists appear to have very distinct gameplay between them:

Leon + random girl: get the survival horror Tall Oaks scenario, complete with zombies. Obviously something to appease the old fans. And it might just work; as long as it's a sizable chunk of the story. Looks atmospheric but Leon's shitty character and Bollywood-style ground slides might just ruin it.

Chris + secret boyfriend: get the action in China, for fans of the simple RE5. Gunfights with terrorists and the like. They've taken a page out of Gears of War (lol at the cover system) and Uncharted there (seriously, hanging off a chopper?). Chock full of Chris's craptastic monologues, as if they weren't bad enough last time.

The new protagonist, whom I wager is Alex Wesker, has a crazy melee and acrobatic thing going. And he has Ashley, which is good or bad.

Monsters look great, especially the behemoth at 03:04.

Reminds me of resident evil 2 and 3 and thats a good thing!!! :dance:

How could it possibly?

I guess this trailer answers the question if RE6 will still be action-focused.

I guess so but still by the looks of it seems like Chris is the more action oriented character, while Leon is a RE4 style, still action but more slow paced

About the other character i dont know, maybe COOP like or super human kickass like :whistle:

Im so hyped, this trailer is awesome, looks like a movie

I guess so but still by the looks of it seems like Chris is the more action oriented character, while Leon is a RE4 style, still action but more slow paced

About the other character i dont know, maybe COOP like or super human kickass like :whistle:

Im so hyped, this trailer is awesome, looks like a movie

They all have co-op. Each one has a partner.

Which will probably negate any horror that comes of the amazing Tall Oaks part of the game.

They all have co-op. Each one has a partner.

Which will probably negate any horror that comes of the amazing Tall Oaks part of the game.

I hope not, but it seems that way, im hoping the new wesker to be a different type of coop, like ashley coulndt attack enemies like in RE4 or no weapon Sheva in RE5 only help you, dont know :D

Having Leon and Chris togheter is awesome, it always was a Man and a Women in all REs, now its different

At 1st i tought this was the RE damnation CGI movie, guess there is no cgi movie coming up, and Leons partner is Angela Miller from the CGI movi Degeneration, could be

Love Resident Evil so I can't wait though it looks like it has taken a graphic drop compared to 5 (not that it really matters).

1) You're judging from a trailer. It will look significantly different on a 50in. LCD, trust me.

2) This could be an early build. God of War III and Uncharted 3 also appeared to have disappointing graphics at first. It all changed.

I hope not, but it seems that way, im hoping the new wesker to be a different type of coop, like ashley coulndt attack enemies like in RE4 or no weapon Sheva in RE5 only help you, dont know :D

Having Leon and Chris togheter is awesome, it always was a Man and a Women in all REs, now its different

At 1st i tought this was the RE damnation CGI movie, guess there is no cgi movie coming up, and Leons partner is Angela Miller from the CGI movi Degeneration, could be

...or little Sherry Birkin, all grown up.

Edited by AlejandroM

Yeah, they pretty much hyped Alex Wesker in RE5's Lost in Nightmares. If that ain't him, I'm still expecting him to be in this game.

Oh, and after a quick Google search, apparently you can see Ada in this trailer, but I can't find her (I've seen a screenshot, but it's not really helping me in my search).

<edit> Ah, I've seen a better screenshot now; it isn't her. :p

Edited by Xernova

Trailer looked amazing!!!

So it seems Sheva & Chris arn't heroes and the events of 5 and after effect of it has caused this to happen...

Sheva is with Leon is the Town and Chris is off in China with Ada somewhere... whilst Ashley has been whisked away by some bald dude...

When I first saw the bald dude I thought Hunk, due to the scar but Alex Wesker... thats new, and would make more sense since his daddy is dead (Vengeance)

Im sure the game will get delayed till March 2013 time (Like both 5 & ORC did) but here's hoping November 20th is fixed! Game looks amazing!

Sheva is with Leon is the Town and Chris is off in China with Ada somewhere... whilst Ashley has been whisked away by some bald dude...

When I first saw the bald dude I thought Hunk, due to the scar but Alex Wesker... thats new, and would make more sense since his daddy is dead (Vengeance)

Im sure the game will get delayed till March 2013 time (Like both 5 & ORC did) but here's hoping November 20th is fixed! Game looks amazing!

No offense, but you're so off.

Sheva is not in this game, from the looks of the trailer.

Chris with Ada? Where did you get that?

Ashley wasn't whisked away. She's helping the bald dude. His blood is apparently the cure for all the fucked up shit. And I doubt he's in this for vengeance; he seemed care-free and good-natured in the trailer. He probably doesn't even know Albert was his father.

And I also hope it doesn't get delayed, but it's really unlikely. They've been working on RE6 for almost four years (by the time this comes out) and they didn't spend time on a new engine.

Trailer looked amazing!!!

So it seems Sheva & Chris arn't heroes and the events of 5 and after effect of it has caused this to happen...

That wasn't Sheva, it was Hunnigan, from RE4. She even has the exact same voice.

So anyway, my impression is simple: blown away. I'm going to preorder this as soon as effin possible. It looks amazing. I like how it seems to suggest two styles: Leon and slower paced gameplay with atmosphere, and Chris with more action packed, faster paced stuff. I think it will be a great juxtaposition and contrast.

Anyway, speaking of Chris and voices, I'm thrilled that Roger Craig Smith (Chris, Ezio, Sonic, etc.) is reprising the voice role. However, who the hell is voicing Leon? It doesn't sound like Paul Mercier. I mean, it's hard to tell, but it really didn't sound like him. I mean, let's look at it:

Hunnigan: same voice

Ashley: same voice

Leon: ...? Uh...

So that's kinda weird. Again, maybe it's just hard to hear it, or maybe Mercier's voice has altered a bit. Who knows.

Looks awesome.

Definitely appears to stick to the more-action oriented gameplay from RE5, but I ain't complaining. And who knows, maybe it will have some horror aspects as well. I shall anticipate the details eagerly.

Chris looks a bit different from RE5...perhaps it was just bad angles though. This is gonna be awesome! :dance:

That wasn't Sheva, it was Hunnigan, from RE4. She even has the exact same voice.

So anyway, my impression is simple: blown away. I'm going to preorder this as soon as effin possible. It looks amazing. I like how it seems to suggest two styles: Leon and slower paced gameplay with atmosphere, and Chris with more action packed, faster paced stuff. I think it will be a great juxtaposition and contrast.

Anyway, speaking of Chris and voices, I'm thrilled that Roger Craig Smith (Chris, Ezio, Sonic, etc.) is reprising the voice role. However, who the hell is voicing Leon? It doesn't sound like Paul Mercier. I mean, it's hard to tell, but it really didn't sound like him. I mean, let's look at it:

Hunnigan: same voice

Ashley: same voice

Leon: ...? Uh...

So that's kinda weird. Again, maybe it's just hard to hear it, or maybe Mercier's voice has altered a bit. Who knows.

I'm pretty certain that is Mercier. Doesn't sound too familiar for most of it, but the first thing he says is undeniably Mercier's voice.

im cautiously optomisitic, but if you still cant move and shoot.........
Yeah, never been a fan of the entire series due to the fact you stand there and shoot while things come at you. Never made any logical sense to me. Amazing trailer though. I might change my opinion about the series and try this one.

Yeah, never been a fan of the entire series due to the fact you stand there and shoot while things come at you. Never made any logical sense to me. Amazing trailer though. I might change my opinion about the series and try this one.

I prefer it.

Honestly, most zombies (and majini) approach you rather slowly, with the exception of when they are perhaps a meter away from you when they dash towards you to grab. If we as players can move and shoot at the same time, this game will become incredibly easy. You could essentially just back away from them, trick the AI into moving into a circle over and over again, and knock 'em out one by one without fear of dying.

In fact, that is just about all the fear there was in RE5. You had to be weary and know your surroundings before deciding to shoot. I still remember when I first played the RE5 I was like "Alright, shoot these guys...BAM...BAM..BAM! Aww yea, now just turn around and OH MY GOSH CHAINSAWWWAJDOIAsjdioasjdoiasdoaisda...."

Add move + shoot, then we best have zombies that run at us all times. Otherwise, this game looses a huge part of its difficulty.

I'm pretty certain that is Mercier. Doesn't sound too familiar for most of it, but the first thing he says is undeniably Mercier's voice.

Yeah, not ruling it out. It kinda sounded like it, but kinda didn't at the same time for me. That's why I wasn't saying for sure if it was or wasn't him.