Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-20-2012, 01:46 AM   #21
Marv2K11

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Looks awesome.

Definitely appears to stick to the more-action oriented gameplay from RE5, but I ain't complaining. And who knows, maybe it will have some horror aspects as well. I shall anticipate the details eagerly.

Chris looks a bit different from RE5...perhaps it was just bad angles though. This is gonna be awesome!

Marv2K11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #22
Dark_Raven666

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Gold   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Silver   Helping Hand   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   The Silver Lining   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas7Ax View Post
That wasn't Sheva, it was Hunnigan, from RE4. She even has the exact same voice.

So anyway, my impression is simple: blown away. I'm going to preorder this as soon as effin possible. It looks amazing. I like how it seems to suggest two styles: Leon and slower paced gameplay with atmosphere, and Chris with more action packed, faster paced stuff. I think it will be a great juxtaposition and contrast.

Anyway, speaking of Chris and voices, I'm thrilled that Roger Craig Smith (Chris, Ezio, Sonic, etc.) is reprising the voice role. However, who the hell is voicing Leon? It doesn't sound like Paul Mercier. I mean, it's hard to tell, but it really didn't sound like him. I mean, let's look at it:

Hunnigan: same voice
Ashley: same voice
Leon: ...? Uh...

So that's kinda weird. Again, maybe it's just hard to hear it, or maybe Mercier's voice has altered a bit. Who knows.
I'm pretty certain that is Mercier. Doesn't sound too familiar for most of it, but the first thing he says is undeniably Mercier's voice.
Dark_Raven666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:56 AM   #23
fancyfox

Awards Showcase I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz06lt View Post
im cautiously optomisitic, but if you still cant move and shoot.........
Yeah, never been a fan of the entire series due to the fact you stand there and shoot while things come at you. Never made any logical sense to me. Amazing trailer though. I might change my opinion about the series and try this one.

Made by ESYLD (thx!)
fancyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #24
Marv2K11

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfox View Post
Yeah, never been a fan of the entire series due to the fact you stand there and shoot while things come at you. Never made any logical sense to me. Amazing trailer though. I might change my opinion about the series and try this one.
I prefer it.

Honestly, most zombies (and majini) approach you rather slowly, with the exception of when they are perhaps a meter away from you when they dash towards you to grab. If we as players can move and shoot at the same time, this game will become incredibly easy. You could essentially just back away from them, trick the AI into moving into a circle over and over again, and knock 'em out one by one without fear of dying.

In fact, that is just about all the fear there was in RE5. You had to be weary and know your surroundings before deciding to shoot. I still remember when I first played the RE5 I was like "Alright, shoot these guys...BAM...BAM..BAM! Aww yea, now just turn around and OH MY GOSH CHAINSAWWWAJDOIAsjdioasjdoiasdoaisda...."

Add move + shoot, then we best have zombies that run at us all times. Otherwise, this game looses a huge part of its difficulty.

Marv2K11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:36 AM   #25
Veritas7Ax

Send a message via AIM to Veritas7Ax

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Raven666 View Post
I'm pretty certain that is Mercier. Doesn't sound too familiar for most of it, but the first thing he says is undeniably Mercier's voice.
Yeah, not ruling it out. It kinda sounded like it, but kinda didn't at the same time for me. That's why I wasn't saying for sure if it was or wasn't him.

Veritas7Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #26
gunny

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Hunnigan: same voice
Ashley: same voice
Leon: ...? Uh...
Leon seems to change voice every time, whether it be RE2, RE4 or Degeneration.

RESISTANCE 2 - 10,000 kills:
10006/10,000

IT. IS. DONE.

gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #27
Veritas7Ax

Send a message via AIM to Veritas7Ax

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Also, after watching it again, pretty sure that third guy/Alex Wesker/??? is voiced by Troy Baker. The guy gets around, so I would not be the least bit surprised.

Veritas7Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #28
Dark_Raven666

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Gold   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Gold   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Silver   Helping Hand   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   The Silver Lining   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
Leon seems to change voice every time, whether it be RE2, RE4 or Degeneration.
That's probably because the voice actor of Leon changed between RE2 and RE4/Degeneration. Paul Haddad voiced Leon in RE2, whilst Paul Mercier voiced Leon in RE4 and Degeneration, as well as reprising his role for Damnation. There's even a 3rd Leon voice actor, Dave Wittenberg, for Operation: Raccoon City.

Quote:
Yeah, not ruling it out. It kinda sounded like it, but kinda didn't at the same time for me. That's why I wasn't saying for sure if it was or wasn't him.
Also, it'd be perfectly understandable for him to sound somewhat different, given that it's been 7 years since Resident Evil 4 and 4 years since Degeneration. His voice is even noticeably different between those two, despite it only being 3 years between game and movie.

Last edited by Dark_Raven666; 01-20-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Dark_Raven666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #29
DEVILRYUUJIN

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Silver   Guide Supplement Bronze   2,500 Posts   Helping Hand   Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

yeah this game is fantastic. trailer im completely sold. it will probably a day 1 buy for me.

Ryuujin is my name. Now go on my youtube to watch me game!
My Trophy Guides l Youtube Channel l My Facebook l DeviantArt l
DEVILRYUUJIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #30
Triace68

So much for the reboot Actually Leon is awesome, although I wonder who will be the bad guy since Leon has never meet Wesker. Supposedly Wesker is dead after RE5, but I don't believe that either.