Resident Evil 6 Expected to Launch in 2012 According to OPM Rumor‎

ManAnitaShower

Ever since the supposed Comic-Con leak, rumors have been circulating the industry regarding Capcom’s Resident Evil 6. One sneaky individual snapped a photo during a supposed behind closed doors panel that indicated a Resident Evil 6 announcement at this year’s Tokyo Game Show. Since then, a similar rumor has popped up in the Official PlayStation Magazine.

According to the magazine’s rumor section:

[Resident Evil] Operation Raccoon City will be followed up by another canon entry – Resident Evil 6 – in 2012.

Those who have been following Capcom’s hallmark horror franchise closely, may recall that Masachika Kawata – a developer at Capcom – discussed the future of the Resident Evil series, including the direction they plan to go with the sixth installment. Resident Evil 6 will bring the series “a complete renovation… on every level.”

OPM-RE6-Snipped-125×136 | PlayStation LifeStyle

This is great news. I don't think a complete overhaul is needed for this series to be a major success again. All it needs is to go back to its survival horror roots, where you know something could make you jump around any corner. I thoroughly hope this is what we are given.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure where they can go from how RE5 ended.

The Lost in Nightmares scenario seems to be setting up a new major villain already;

[spoiler=5764329784]Alex Wesker's fate is unknown; Spencer told Albert he was the only surviving Wesker Child, yet in one of his files he mentions "Alex has disappeared [...] I have been betrayed!". He probably didn't want to share this little mistake with Albert. Also, he clearly favored Alex as his best and most trusted "child", the way he describes him makes it sound like he's even better than Albert.

If the story continues, I'm expecting him to be the new main villain. Seems like a complete waste if they just threw that information into RE5 for no real reason.