Retail release?

TitaniumDisc

Hi will this and CVX ever get a retail release?

They are £15 on psn which is quite a lot.

I already have both games on ps2 and gamecube but really want them on ps3 (Cant hook either ps2 or gamecube up to my display)

I have seen it on play asia but I understand that has asian text but english voices?

Is there any retail version with both english text and voices?

Hm, might have to suck it up and buy them on psn then, I dislike digital downloads so so much. Its always better to have a physical disc imo

Do they ever drop the price on psn or have sales/offers?

I bought them in Japan when I was there, so I have the physical disc and it was cheaper than buying them separatetly in the psn store. It comes with japanese texts but the voices are in english, also, if you have the language of your ps3 set on english the trophies will appear in english.

If you have already played them you won't have any problem with the texts, they talk in english and the menu options are in english too (it seems that for japanese people is cool to play a game with "New game", "Options" and that kind of stuff in english).

"Separete Ways" changes for "The other Order" and "Assigment Ada" changes for "Ada the Spy", but basically they are the same.

I recommend you to buy them on physical disc!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Retail version called Biohazard Revival with both RE4 and RECVX, the funny thing is that it costed me the same as both games digitally.

I can say RE4 is not a problem to play at all, the game is in english, only subtitles and some menus are in Japanese and there is no way to change that but it doesn't affect you if it's your first time playing.

CVX on the other hand it's very hard to play if you don't know what you are supposed to do.

The game is in japanese except the dialogue and some menus. The problem is that unlike RE4 you need to read alot in CVX, files, items description, puzzle hits etc all in japanese, so if you haven't played CVX before you will have a hard time and will need to rely on walkthroughs and such.

I had no problems at all but I had played both games before :p

I have the Retail version called Biohazard Revival with both RE4 and RECVX, the funny thing is that it costed me the same as both games digitally.

I can say RE4 is not a problem to play at all, the game is in english, only subtitles and some menus are in Japanese and there is no way to change that but it doesn't affect you if it's your first time playing.

CVX on the other hand it's very hard to play if you don't know what you are supposed to do.

The game is in japanese except the dialogue and some menus. The problem is that unlike RE4 you need to read alot in CVX, files, items description, puzzle hits etc all in japanese, so if you haven't played CVX before you will have a hard time and will need to rely on walkthroughs and such.

I had no problems at all but I had played both games before :p

Thanks for the tip. If only you could 100% both twice.

Damn I hope so! I still havent bought the psn digital release because I'm still waiting... wishing :( it will come in a disc! :p

Quick question guys (to those who've played RE4 HD), how great does it look on the ps3? Any improvements, additions besides the trophies? Thanks for your time :)

Well, I'm pretty sure it won't come in Blu-Ray disc. I asked on Resident Evil Off. Twitter and they told me it was not planned. That's why I got the PSN version.

Well, the graphics are better, but not that big of a difference. You now notice everythin because it's just higher textures.

As for additions, well, no. One thing I did notice, that was different in the PS2 and PC versions. The PRL 412 (or whatever it's called, it's the Plaga Removal Laser) now shoots multiple beams in the direction of the opponents and breakable objects. You no longer need to point accurately at an enemy, the laser will seek and destroy it.

It's definitely up there with the all time PS2 classics.

If it's a game you've really enjoyed on other consoles then I'd recommend a digital purchase. I agree it's not the same as having the physical disc but it's a game I've never gotten tired of in all these years. It looks great, the sound is crisp, it includes all the extras. I envy anyone who hasn't already played it because £15 is very reasonable. xD

It's definitely up there with the all time PS2 classics.

If it's a game you've really enjoyed on other consoles then I'd recommend a digital purchase. I agree it's not the same as having the physical disc but it's a game I've never gotten tired of in all these years. It looks great, the sound is crisp, it includes all the extras. I envy anyone who hasn't already played it because £15 is very reasonable. xD

Really? You envy them? I don't, at all. I've spent 100€ in all, PS2, PC & PS3 versions (60, 20, 20), and I don't regret it one bit. I've played over 900 hours, on my way to the 1000 hours of this game. And I still love it. It's just so damn good. Only the controls and graphics are old for me and could be update. The rest, story and everything... Damn... Stranger, stranger! Now this is a game!

• 2 years later...

I don't know why some whine about it not being on disc. Downloads are efficient distribution for publishers rather than waste more money and materials making the disc, manual, case etc. It's a lot of money having to distribute that to a lot of stores. Since this is an old game, it's too costly for them to consider putting it on disc again. I can understand why a disc release would work in Japan, though. The series is very popular there. Many titles wouldn't see the light of day in other territories without online distribution.

This game has been on sale a few times on PlayStation Store and there is a bundle with Code Veronica for the same price. I got it in the sale last year.

• 1 month later...