HD changes from GC/Wii/PS2

Wolfwood

ok so far after beating both pro and normal i see they made a few changes with the game

PRO MODE-

enemies no longer stop to attack they often attack milisecs after they run

enemies run more often then they did in normal and rarely run past you by mistake

Weapon-

the PRL seems to have been game broken in this ver as they have gave the charged beam a seeker effect where it will infact hit everthing on screen be it items off walls to the chickens and cows as well as enemies with a single charge

charging takes a considerably less time then it did in ps2

Sounds-

it seems the sounds of gunshots have been toned down while footsteps and other sounds have been boosted

anyone else notice anything diff?

• 5 months later...

I noticed you can actually read the logos on the ammo boxes in your case (instead of having to check them). It's a very critical update, and I'm glad I paid $9.99 for another version of the game with this feature. Not being able to read the ammo boxes kept me up for many nights in a row. What did they say?, I would find myself wondering while in a cold sweat, staring at the ceiling. Now, I have peace and am sleeping through the night.

I think they changed the layout for the maze in the castle. i don't remember what it looked like in the ps2 version and have no idea what it was like on the other consoles but the online RE4 guide i was using (that wasn't made for RE4 HD) has a different maze map.

i'm using the Wii official RE4 guide to play this HD version, and it's almost exactly the same. i noticed the locations for the purple and green gems that fit into the second elegant mask are switched. i think the castle maze was also altered for the wii version.

Edited by OnceFallen
Double Post Merger

• 5 months later...

I didn't play Gamecube/Wii version, but the PS2 version was almost impossible to get Mine Darts. Now you get them easily. Just unload all ammo in the Mine Thrower and almost every drop will be Darts. This in the PS3 version.

And yeah, I didn't remember the PRL doing that in PS2, I guess they changed it after all. Was beginning to doubt my memory.