146 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you prefer?

• Resident Evil 4
    • Resident Evil 5

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resident Evil 5 brought some great features to the series and was definitely fun but ultimately, Resident Evil 4 had completely re-invented the franchise and was so fun to play, even more so today.

I prefer the setting and the action/set-pieces of RE4 more than RE5 as well. Plus, it has Ada in it, so pretty much insta-win right there.

As a game, RE4 definitely gets my vote. As far as I'm concerned, RE4 gameplay > RE5 gameplay.

But as a RE storyline, RE4 feels like a massive sidestory which adds little to the main plot of the series. This is the one thing where I think RE5 does a better job. As a matter of fact, Code Veronica -which is officially a sidestory- adds more to the main plot than RE4. It would have made more sense if RE4 had been the sidestory instead. Separate Ways is probably more important than anything Leon is doing in the main game.

Even so, that doesn't change the fact I like playing RE4 more than RE5. ;)

What about the REmake? :p

Yh RE4 is way better than RE5, the only good thing about RE5 was the coop

My fav is RE2 as well btw, never played the REmake :( but i heard only good things about it, Capcom should port that

Indeed, REmake is by far my favorite old-school RE game, even with RE2 out there.

RE2 is definitely my favorite of the PS1 RE games, though.

RE4 by far. RE5 was great fun as well, but only for the coop. You have no idea how many times I :facepalm: when Chris was forced to knock down a boulder with brute force.

That was pretty funny when Chris was standing there punching the hell out of a boulder. Hope you like broken hands Chris! You muscle-bound cliche of a man!

I loved RE5, completed it 3 or 4 times, but since playing RE4 HD I'm having an awesome time, and it is much creepier than RE5.

I hope RE6 takes the controls of RE5 and has a dark and sinister story/location like RE4, with a female protagonist (bring back Claire!) in the lead.

Resident Evil 4 is a lot better than Resident Evil 5. I don't know why Capcom got so enamoured with dual character gameplay. What they did in RE0 was fine, perfect I'd even say. RE4 worked well because Ashley didn't try to get in the way like Sheva did.

If you really wanted to make this poll more controversial you could add in RE 1-3 and CV :)

Code Veronica is my favorite one, followed by Zero, 2, 3, 4, 1, 5. I'm not throwing in the offshoot games.

Like for example Shadows of the Damned, since that game functioned gameplay wise exactly like Resident Evil 4 and 5 except there were good controls and you could move and shoot at the same time.

I haven't played Shadows of the Damned (on my to do list) but I imagine it's very similiar to Dead Space? I mean Dead Space has functional controls and you can move and shoot at the same time as well.