Rate the trophy difficulty  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.84

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having played RE4 many times, and looking at the list, I'd say it's about a 3. Even easier if you can use the Infinite Rocket Launcher on Professional mode (I can't remember if you can or not).

From what I remember playing, you can't. Pro, you have to start from scratch. I remember dying a heck of a lot of times, so I would rate it as a 6 if I were to vote.

From what I can remember, Professional difficulty is pretty hard at some points. Especially the fight with mutated Krauser. But I was like fourteen so maybe I wouldn't find it so hard anymore.

Now, if there was a trophy for unlocking the Handcannon, it'd easily be an 8 or 9. I don't think I'd have the patience to go through it again.

What's the Handcannon?

Its the Magnum of Barry, a big Magnum which could be upgraded to insane power , i believe 99 and infinite ammo as a special. :)

To get it in Re4 u had to, get 5stars in mercs on all stages with all characters.

Edit: 7ppl voted already? that's quick! Also at this moment the game isnt out yet on any Online-store.

Edited by Scopin-Steve

You have to get 4 or 5 stars in Mercenary Mode, with all the characters, for the handcannon. Professional Mode is definitely a challenge. I've played the regular mode a number of times and got to Krauser in Professional, but never finished. Ammo conservation is key in Professional. And restarting from checkpoints makes things a bit easier. I'd say a solid 5 from the trophies (mainly for Professional). Pro is long and a steady challenge. The rocket launcher is a life saver for tedious boss battles.

On another note, these trophies are terrible. I was looking forward to buying this just to replay and go after some challenges I didn't experience the first time. That is one of the great strengths of the trophy/achievement system, making you do things you wouldn't normally do. I absolutely loved playing this game 5 years ago. It is a big disappointment there isn't much reason to replay it now, other than maybe doing a knife or only pistols run.

Trophies for this game on PS3 are bulshit. Because it will give few xp for Leveling up our account. Because they are equaling for 200 gamerscores. But on Xbox 360 they are equaling for 1000 gamerscores.

It's listed in the retail section for xbox. Thats f***ing weak man, this is a full fledged game as was RE5 except 5 was shorter. This game should have a plat if 5 did.

Whoever voted 1 probably never played RE4 on professional or is still stuck in the first house, there is at least 4 - 5 spots in the game that are no less than a 4!

Both fight against Krauser, the " Thing " , the " Right Arm ", etc... just to name a few hot spot!

Or it could be maybe someone who has played this game a million of times. Honestly, it's not that hard for us veteran RE4 players. Most of the game is easy even on pro mode, the only parts I remember were difficult were where you had to press buttons like with krauser and the laser room.

Whoever voted 1 probably never played RE4 on professional or is still stuck in the first house, there is at least 4 - 5 spots in the game that are no less than a 4!

Both fight against Krauser, the " Thing " , the " Right Arm ", etc... just to name a few hot spot!

who say that?i beat this game in GC "1 times on normal and 1 time on professional / in PS2 1 time on normal and 10 times on professional"this game not hard at all.

After not playing this game for a long time (only played GC ver) I'm finding professional really annoying. Mainly because for a TPS, the controls are just garbage. Yes, I've played RE1-5 (minus veronica), but after playing games that make full use of both analog sticks it feels so awkward to be using the left stick for everything!

The only difficult trophy is the professional one, with that in mind I'd say this is about a 6. With the 2nd special costumes, perhaps a 5.

Gave it a 5. The only game I've completed more times than RE4 is Metroid Prime. That's how awesome RE4 is. You actually do have to go through the pro difficulty without any of your last playthrough's weapons. And we do all have to agree that it isn't an easy run. Time consuming games to not have to be hard and visa versa.

Edited by FinweSirfalas
Didn't complete the post >.>

having played this on the cube and on the wii (never on the ps2) i already knew the game. if it comes to rating this game, i'll go with a 6. i haven't got the pro mode trophy, but i already had beaten this game on pro before so, i think i know what im talking about. profesional is a good challenge. but the odd thing right now is, pro mode going easily than normal this time around.... maybe it was the time to getting used to the controls, but still...