mission 9 is impossible on hardcore

8BitArtist

Did you two manage to do Mission 9 with just two people? How much easier was it? If I can't get the pre-patch glitch to work, I may be looking for a partner later this week.

if i didnt get that 1up near the lava buckets i told you about i wouldnt have beaten it. hahaha. didnt start dying until the damn elevator.

Edited by 8BitArtist

Just to let you know yes it will be impossible if you have 4 slots and only 2 people are joining...the game is harder with 4 slots(enimies take more damage as opposed to 2 slots...so either wait for 4 people or just do 2 slots with 2 ppl.

• 1 month later...

If you have the DLC characters, a leveled up Blazemo makes this mission a cakewalk.

Put your 4 upgrades into the special ability (Nova Explosion, Faster Cooldown, Increased Radius, Longer Duration), and nothing will touch you. You may need to play a few times to memorize where the strong enemies are located.

* When coming up on a strong enemy location, turbo in, activate your special, drive around and touch all the strong enemies and drive away. If any of them survived the blaze (unlikely) then wait for it to recharge (won't take long) and repeat.

* For the juggernaut, just turbo off the ramp towards it, and activate the blaze as soon as you are near. Just drive around the Juggernaut closely, and it will be completely dead before your special runs out, with no damage to you.

* On the elevator Activate your special, kill the major enemies, and usually there will be one jeep left, just circle around collecting your health packs, and don't kill the jeep until your special is almost recharged. Then kill the jeep and repeat the cycle for the next floor.

* The tanks on the elevator will not go down from one cycle of the special, just burn all 4 of them and then circle around the outside of the platform firing inward.

* Inferno is ridiculously easy. I had half a tank of flamer, and as soon as he came out I drove up next to him, used the flamer until it was empty, and then activated my special. Boom. He was dead in about 5-10 seconds, and I didn't get hit once.

This strategy also got me an easy Alien rank, since I never died, and hardly took any damage at all during the level.

Edited by MrBeens
I like grapes.

If you have the DLC characters, a leveled up Blazemo makes this mission a cakewalk.

Put your 4 upgrades into the special ability (Nova Explosion, Faster Cooldown, Increased Radius, Longer Duration), and nothing will touch you. You may need to play a few times to memorize where the strong enemies are located.

* When coming up on a strong enemy location, turbo in, activate your special, drive around and touch all the strong enemies and drive away. If any of them survived the blaze (unlikely) then wait for it to recharge (won't take long) and repeat.

* For the juggernaut, just turbo off the ramp towards it, and activate the blaze as soon as you are near. Just drive around the Juggernaut closely, and it will be completely dead before your special runs out, with no damage to you.

* On the elevator Activate your special, kill the major enemies, and usually there will be one jeep left, just circle around collecting your health packs, and don't kill the jeep until your special is almost recharged. Then kill the jeep and repeat the cycle for the next floor.

* The tanks on the elevator will not go down from one cycle of the special, just burn all 4 of them and then circle around the outside of the platform firing inward.

* Inferno is ridiculously easy. I had half a tank of flamer, and as soon as he came out I drove up next to him, used the flamer until it was empty, and then activated my special. Boom. He was dead in about 5-10 seconds, and I didn't get hit once.

This strategy also got me an easy Alien rank, since I never died, and hardly took any damage at all during the level.

Wish I had known that before replaying the mission like 50 times... finally got it with someone's help. Now on to the DLC!

• 3 months later...

Ugh, I was so damn close just now. I screwed over in the beginning by a lucky tank shot from outside the screen (awesome design), then despite playing this level multiple times, I lost control of my car just once in the conveyer tunnels, then it was impossible to recover just sliding into one barrel after the next. Ugh, the controls get on my nerves in this game. After that, I was playing through the level flawlessly without getting hit with anything but infantry fire.

Then I was on the very last part of the elevator with the truck swarm and my car flipped over after clipping a truck (Seriously?) and I just magically fell through the elevator and the screen immediately went grey.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

• 2 months later...

Did you guys really find this mission hard? I beat it on my first attempt, lol. I did die twice on the elevator but still had a spare life when I beat Inferno.

I used Armand equipped with Hardened Hull, the two abilities to reduce shield cooldown and the one to extend shield use. Armand can survive for very very long when you know how to use his shield.