Renegade Ops ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

TigerLust

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

Overview

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 6.00/10 (based on 10 votes)

+ Offline: 12 (1 (G) + 2 (S) + 9 (B))   

+ Online: 0

+ Approximate time: 15-30 hours (Estimated)

+ Minimum number of play-through's needed: 1 (I suggest 1.5)

+ Missable trophies: The Daily Grind (the rest you can use mission select if you miss it)

+ Does difficulty effect trophies: Yes, it effects Tough Stuff, The Daily Grind, Mega Kill Combo and Lord Master of Great Skill.

+ Glitched: Mega Kill Combo and Tough Stuff are glitched in a good way.

+ Cheats: None.

NOTE: I strongly suggest you do NOT play Online or local co-op:

• The Daily Grind trophy unlocks when you hit level 45 in Single Player. If you get to level 45 online (or local co-op), you will not get the trophy, and have to restart (delete save or pick another character) for this trophy.
  • Most trophies specify they will only unlock on Single Player. In fact, there is only ONE trophy that does not require it to be in Single Player (that's Tough Stuff - Complete all missions on Hardcore Difficulty).
  • You may lose any upgrade points you spend online. These are not recoverable, and make it that you can never have all the upgrades for that character.

About the game

This is one of the better games SEGA ever made. It has some sharp details and is fun to play, but on the lower end of the dual-stick shooter I personally have played. Simply put, don't expect this to be as much fun as say, Super Stardust. As usual SEGA has a lot of glitches and bugs, thou they aren't aware of any of them.

The story is about a guy nicknamed Inferno, who wants to kill a lot of people; perhaps angered by his bad skin condition. The first time you kill him, you will get some far-fetched story about how he survived, but after that it's just not worth mentioning. You will need to kill him several times, and each time you kill him his acne will get larger and his skin will get a little worse. Seriously thou, the story line is that he is a terrorist who doesn't negotiate, and has a ton of prisoner transports... :confused: On the bright side, if you play this game it isn't for the story line. :whistle:

Controls

:ls: - Movement

:rs: - Primary Weapon (shoots in the direction you aim)

:l1: - Special Power (varies by character you select, see Tough Stuff for descriptions)

:r1: - Secondary Weapon (once you pick one up; shoots in the same direction of :rs:)

:cross: - Turbo (drive fast but no weapons). Also for mini-games, rapidly tap :cross:.

:square: - Brakes.

:circle: - Switch secondary weapon (when you already have one, and are directly on another weapon)

:triangle: - Toggles mini-map on/off, very useful to have up.

Step 1: Complete the game on Hardcore

If you want 100%, you might as well play on Hardcore from the get go. Start the first mission on hardcore and pick the character of your choice. I suggest spending a moment to decide which character you like, as you will likely go for all the trophies with this one character. See Tough Stuff for character descriptions.

If you have a local co-op partner, then team up for this (if you are close to level 45, make sure you play in single player)! There is too much glitched online, so I suggest not playing online. You will need to complete all nine missions on Hardcore difficulty to get Tough Stuff. If you do this in co-op, then switch to single player to get all the other trophies.

While playing mission 1 in Single Player, you will unlock Airborne.

You will need to complete mission 9 in Single Player to unlock To Hell and Back.

Step 2: Secondary Objectives

You will now revisit select missions in single player and complete any secondary objectives you skipped. If you already have enough XP for The Daily Grind, or simply want to make it easier, you can do this all on easy.

Replay Mission#1 in Single Player and go for Goody Two Shoes.

Replay Mission#2 in Single Player and go for A Mess of Stiff Staff Sergeants.

Replay Mission#3 in Single Player and go for Jonesing for Relics.

Replay Mission#4 in Single Player and go for From Cold Dead Hands.

Replay Mission#6 in Single Player and go for Supply Problems.

Replay Mission#8 in Single Player and go for Inferno's Briefs.

Step 3: Clean Up

If you haven't gotten them yet, complete the requirements for The Daily Grind, Mega Kill Combo and Lord Master of Great Skill. See the trophy guide for a description of these.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

02.jpg  Airborne (B)

Pilot a helicopter in single player

You will get this naturally as you play thru mission#1. Bryant will drop a helicopter in a crate, shoot the crate and drive over it to pilot the chopper and you will get this trophy.

08.jpg  To Hell and Back (B)

Complete Mission 9 on any Difficulty in single player

Finish the ninth mission in Single Player to complete the game and unlock this trophy. If you prefer, you can do this on easy difficulty, and completely avoid many enemies.

09.jpg  Tough Stuff (S)

Complete all missions on Hardcore Difficulty

Glitched: Unlocked this trophy by completing most of the game on Hard, and then completing Mission 9 on Casual. (Thanks to nastich88 for the glitch information.)

This was fixed with patch 1.02, but you can still do this by clicking :circle: to NOT download the patch. If you do have the patch installed, you can delete the game, and re-install without the patch.

This is going to be a real pain in the butt. You will likely have to improve your skill a lot to get this trophy. There are many enemies that can be avoided altogether, and you should focus on just completing the primary missions.

Choose your character carefully. There are four characters to choose from (they will be releasing more as DLC). Roxy can call in an air strike, which means after a bit of a delay there will be a nice area damage effect. Diz has an EMP, which means you can temporarily disable all weapons in the immediate area. Armand has a shield that can bounce enemies bullets back at them. Gunnar has a Heavy Cannon with armor penetrating rounds, however the trade-off is that you can't move while this cannon is active. The delay in Roxy's air stike, and the immobility for Gunnar's Heavy Cannon make them unsuitable for when you're in a tight bind...

Choose your upgrades carefully, and use them efficiently. I have been playing as Diz, and use these upgrades: Hardened Hull, Auto-Reload secondary weapons, secondary weapons Magazine Size Elite and Static Shock. With these upgrades: you have more health, and you recover more health when picking up a health pack. These two secondary weapon upgrades allow you to store up to six rockets and it auto-replenishes the ammo too! Static Shock allows you to get out of a tough bind in style.

In some cases, you can drive the proper distance so that the enemy is on the edge of the screen, and shoot them without them shooting back. This works for only a select few enemies, but worth mentioning.

Skill Related

10.jpg  The Daily Grind (B)

Get a character to max level in single player

WARNING: As the trophy specifies, this must be done in single player. If you hit level 45 online or in local co-op, you will have to delete the save file or start another character for this trophy.

Not possible while playing on Easy. You will only gain experience points, and rank, by playing missions on Medium/Hard difficulties. You will likely get this just from doing all the missions on Hard and completing secondary objectives on Medium/Hard. If you managed to do all that and still aren't at level 45, just grind out some more points by replaying missions.

This trophy will pop when you get to level 45. (While you can increase the bar to maximum again after that, you won't progress to level 46.) You will now have just enough points to unlock any remaining upgrades. (If you purchase upgrades when playing online, you may lose those points and not be able to choose all the upgrades. This bug does not affect any trophies.)

11.jpg  Mega Kill Combo (G)

Get a 50x Damage Streak in single player

You will not get any streaks while playing on Easy. You must be playing on Medium/Hard.

Glitched: Some people got this without a 50x damage streak. This trophy popped for me directly after I got The Daily Grind trophy for hitting level 45. I didn't have much of a kill streak going, perhaps it was a three kill streak... Not sure what the specifics are to reproduce the glitch, but for the record I was playing Single Player on Medium with patch 1.01 in place. Many other people have also reported they are getting this trophy directly after level 45, so chances are you will too (if they patch it, you can just play without the patch for this trophy).

To unlock this trophy the proper way: you should be shooting multiple enemies without much of a gap to increase the streak counter, and keep the continuous-damage bar from dissipating. You can see the counter streak bar and number in the bottom right corner of the screen. There aren't enough enemies in the earlier stages, so you will have to wait till the later missions to even try for this.

12.jpg  Lord Master of Great Skill (S)

Get 'Skill Level - Alien' in single player

When you complete a mission, you will see the final screen showing your "skill level" in the upper left. The rating ranges from "Poor" to "Alien", and you will need the best rating of Alien to unlock this trophy. While it isn't clear exactly what factors into this rating, one can presume it has to with hard difficulty, fast game time, amazing accuracy, kill streaks and minimal damage taken. Score/Points is definitely NOT related to this.

Yoszek (a few posts combined and edited) said:
I thought it will be ultra hard but it was surprisingly easy.

I played Mission 6 (The Cauldron) on Hardcore Difficulty with the Diz character. Upgrades were: Defense:Hardened Hull, Tactics: Static Shock-Elite & Efficiency-Elite & Super Charged.

Just kept pushing forward and using EMP every time there was some tanks or rocket vehicles. Got a 54 kill streak in there too. I lost my streak after 54, but still got a few more streaks over 20.

I did it without losing a single life. If you watch out for rockets you will be able to survive it easly.

Also got Alien rank on Missions 8 and 9, so I'm sure that with some practice it can be achieved in all missions without a problem.

Also funny thing happened to me at the last boss fight. We doubled KO each other and the game completed for me. I got the trophy Tough Stuff and Alien rank but on scoreboard it was GAME OVER and 0 score.

jonfelkin (edited) said:
I agree it was shockingly easy. I did it with Diz in Hardcore on Mission 3, as I was progressing in the story, and I also collected all the relics. I was just trying to get maximum damage while taking minimal damage (like the in-game hint suggests). I don't think the kill streak affects it, just how much damage you do and take, so score is probably not a deciding factor.

Lost one life, almost two, and no kill streak over 25 ~ but still got Alien rank on it!

Also did Mission 2 with Superhuman rank trying the same tactic (go for damage whilst taking the minimum possible). Didn't loose a life there but don't think I killed enough for Alien.

Edited by Viper
editorial sweep

Secondary Objectives

01.jpg  Goody Two Shoes (B)

Bring 20 Prisoners to the Church in single player

You can accomplish this while playing Mission#1. At some point, you will receive a secondary objective to collect prisoners and bring them to the church. There are far more than 20 prisoners, so pick any that are closest/convenient.

This is hard to do at the same time as the primary objective. I strongly advise you to concentrate on the secondary objective for this trophy. You will need to work a few primary objectives or you won't have enough time. You should switch between them: rescue a few sets of prisoners, kill a few enemies, rescue more prisoners, etc. Bring up the mini-map by pressing :triangle: and you will see gray dots showing the locations.

03.jpg  A Mess of Stiff Staff Sergeants (B)

Kill Inferno's Sergeants in single player

You can accomplish this while playing Mission#2. At some point, you will receive a secondary objective to kill the staff sergeants.

This one is easy to do at the same time as the primary objective! Bring up the mini-map by pressing :triangle: and you will see gray dots showing the locations of the staff sergeants. Drive over to them and kill them before you destroy the nearby primary objectives.

04.jpg  Jonesing for Relics (B)

Return all the Relics to the Museum in single player

You can accomplish this while playing Mission#3. At some point, you will receive a secondary objective to collect relics.

This is hard to do at the same time as the primary objective. I strongly advise you to concentrate on the secondary objective for this run. You might need to work a few primary objectives if you won't have enough time to complete the secondary objective otherwise. You should switch between them: collect a few relics, kill a few enemies, collect some more relics, etc. Bring up the mini-map by pressing :triangle: and you will see gray dots showing the locations.

05.jpg  From Cold Dead Hands (B)

Steal all Inferno's Weapon Crates in single player

You can accomplish this while playing Mission#4. At some point, you will receive a secondary objective to steal weapon crates and arm the villagers.

This is hard to do at the same time as the primary objective. I strongly advise you to concentrate on the secondary objective for this run. You might need to work a few primary objectives if you won't have enough time to complete the secondary objective otherwise. You should switch between them: collect some weapons and drop it off at the village, kill a few enemies, collect some weapons, etc. Bring up the mini-map by pressing :triangle: and you will see gray dots showing the locations.

06.jpg  Supply Problems (B)

Destroy all Mining Carts in the Kaabe Mountains in single player

You can accomplish this while playing Mission#6. At some point, you will receive a secondary objective to destroy the mining carts.

This one is easy to do at the same time as the primary objective! Bring up the mini-map by pressing :triangle: and you will see gray dots showing the locations of the mining carts. Drive over and destroy them, while completing the primary objectives nearby.

07.jpg  Inferno's Briefs (B)

Steal all the Document Briefs in single player

You can accomplish this while playing Mission#8. At some point, you will receive a secondary objective to steal the Document Briefs.

This one is easy to do at the same time as the primary objective! Bring up the mini-map by pressing :triangle: and you will see gray dots showing the locations of the Briefs. Drive over and collect them, while completing the primary objectives nearby. There are quite a lot of Document Briefs, but you should have no trouble collecting them all.

Closing Notes

Thanks to both Yoszek and jonfelkin for the detailed information on Lord Master of Great Skill. Thanks to nastich88 for the Tough Stuff glitch information.

Trophy Guide and Road Map are now complete! Open to suggestions, feedback, comments, etc. Thank you for reading and I hope you have fun getting your 100%

These road maps and/or trophy guides remains the property of the author. Ps3trophies.org is licensed to display this once here in the forum and one copy on the "front end" of the site under the guide tab. This license does not allow any additional copies to be posted on this site, nor in any other form (physical, electronic, or other). This may not be duplicated in any fashion without the expressed permission of the author.

Edited by Viper

For the "Airborne" trophy, it says to get it in single player. It's not glitched, you just can't get it online. Like the trophy description clearly says.

You might also want to hold back on the difficultly rating until more people vote. So far, only one person has voted. That's not enough.

One more thing, you probably shouldn't post a trophy guide unless you have a significant amount of information. Putting "in progress" at the end of everything doesn't count. Just saying.

I totally respect your opinion, but worst dual-stick shooter? I really have to wonder why? It's pretty much the basic stuff, nothing out of the ordinary, easy to pick up, the animations are incredibly fluid, and the vehicle control is actually phenomenal.

But anyway, hope you finish the guide soon. Cheers.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/977/12.jpg Lord Master of Great Skill (S)

Get 'Skill Level - Alien' in single player

If you got this, please reply to this thread with the information.

Hey Tigerlust,

This isn't going to cut it. If you don't have any information for this trophy the you shouldn't put the guide up. I can understand needing to add info in here and there but to have so many "in progress" tags, this trophy with absolutely no information and an unfinished roadmap isn't going to work.

When you can complete this properly PM myself or another member of the GT.

Reopened per request

Edited by Tuffinz

I just got Lord Master of Great Skill Trophy on my first try in second playthrough on hardcore difficulty:applause:

I thought it will be ultra hard but it was suprisingly easy.

I played on 6 lvl-The Cauldron on Hardcore with character Diz.

Upragades were:

Def:Hardened Hull

Tac: Static Shock-Elite ; Efficiency-Elite ; Super Charged

Got 54 kill streak in there too.

Just kept pushing forward and using EMP every time there was some tanks or rocket vehicles.I lost my streak after that 54 but still got few more over 20.

This mission is gr8 for this trophy and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT for this trophy.

But it wont help if u suck at the game:whistle:

I just got Lord Master of Great Skill Trophy on my first try in second playthrough on hardcore difficulty:applause:

I thought it will be ultra hard but it was suprisingly easy.

I played on 6 lvl-The Cauldron on Hardcore with character Diz.

Upragades were:

Def:Hardened Hull

Tac: Static Shock-Elite ; Efficiency-Elite ; Super Charged

Got 54 kill streak in there too.

Just kept pushing forward and using EMP every time there was some tanks or rocket vehicles.I lost my streak after that 54 but still got few more over 20.

This mission is gr8 for this trophy and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT for this trophy.

But it wont help if u suck at the game:whistle:

Did you have a flawless run, without loosing a single life?

Edited by nastich88

Just got the Alien rank trophy but was beaten too it. I agree it was shockingly easy. I did it with Diz on level 3 which is how far I have progressed in the story. I just tried to get maximum damage whilst taking little like the in game hint suggests.

Lost 1 life almost 2 and no kill streak over 25 but still got Alien rank on it.

Hardcore mode was what I played with, I dont think the kill streak affects it just how much damage you do and take, So score is probally not a deciding factor.

Edit - forgot to mention that I also collected all the relics.

Also did level 2 with Superhuman rank trying the same tactic to go for damage whilst taking the minimum possible. Didnt loose a life there but dont think I killed enought for Alien

Edited by jonfelkin

Got today Alien rank on lvl 8 and 9,so im sure that with some practice it can be achived in all lvls without a problem.

Also funny thing happend to me at the last boss fight.We doubled KO each other and the game completed for me.I got the trophy Tough Stuff and Alien rank but on scoreboard it was GAME OVER and 0 score:think:

I have a problem with the bug of the game, perhaps you can help me! :(

I was playing an online game when I reach level 45 with a character, and had bought a couple of things from the boosters store. When the game ended, it tells me that the character is at level 45 but I don't got the trophy, and now I have locked all my boosters and I can not unlock them because I got 0 points to buy, and as I'm at level 45 and I will not win any more with that character.

What can I do? Someone knows? My only possible solution is to delete the saved game and start all over again? :confused:

Salu2

I was playing an online game when I reach level 45 with a character, and had bought a couple of things from the boosters store. When the game ended, it tells me that the character is at level 45 but I don't got the trophy, and now I have locked all my boosters and I can not unlock them because I got 0 points to buy, and as I'm at level 45 and I will not win any more with that character.

What can I do? Someone knows? My only possible solution is to delete the saved game and start all over again? :confused:

Man, that sucks. Try playing on medium/hardcore in single player (any mission) and just kill a few enemies and see if it pops.

If it doesn't, it seems like you will have to restart :(. you can either delete the game save, or choose another character on the existing save, either way make sure you do it OFFLINE this time.

It would seem that way. Several people reported losing it online, no one said it happened to them locally.

Ok that's good. Might you have any tips on beating the last level solo on hardcore? Got my ass kicked a lot of times already and seriously about to rage quit. I can't even reach the boss, always died during the part right before it :mad:

Oh and I'm using Diz.

Might you have any tips on beating the last level solo on hardcore? Got my ass kicked a lot of times already and seriously about to rage quit. I can't even reach the boss, always died during the part right before it :mad:

It is brutal, especially with all those enemies on the elevator. You have to move constantly to avoid the enemy fire, and have immaculate aim, as you already know. Other than that, all I can really suggest is going over the upgrades with a fine tooth and comb, and obviously picking up the missile/machinegun/health that are dropped will go a long way.

I am playing something else now and didn't completed hardcore. Anyhow, I was using these upgrades: Hardened Hull, Auto-Reload secondary weapons, secondary weapons Magazine Size Elite and Static Shock.

Yoszek upgrades are: Defense:Hardened Hull, Tactics: Static Shock-Elite & Efficiency-Elite & Super Charged.

It boils down to wether you want to have mid-level missles & mid-level EMP, or ultra-EMP with low-level missles.