Collectables just not registering?

CZTiger

Hello,

So I have read the walk through about not being able to farm combat trophies or have collectables register if you die before a checkpoint, but I think this game is glitchy. For example, I am following the video and text collectable guide down to the last word and video pixel. I have physically missed nothing. I mean nothing.

When I do die however, I always respawn further along than the collectables that I have previously picked up leading me to believe it auto saved or check pointed along the way. I am now noticing though the guide has way more pickups than I do now especially those crucial SAT patches that I desperately need on this hard mode run. Anyone else having this happen? This game seems to be more and more like a spray painted turd. Not even going to get into how dodging is worthless most of the time.

The only glitches I came across that were specifically related to collectibles were:

• the one bug that's hidden behind the picture respawns every time you replay the chapter but it can't be recollected and it's not actually a problem.
  • a memory hint picture for a pick-up that always remained even though I had already collected the item, also not an actual issue.

Everything else was completely straightforward for me. If I respawned before a collectible, I always made sure to recollect it. However I had no trouble from respawning ahead of anything.

• 1 month later...

The only issue I had with collectibles was the :circle: not registering when I was standing right next to the item. The prompt would show up but nothing would happen when I pressed the button. It was in chapter 7 when following Trace through the building. Thankfully a restart last checkpoint worked and I was able to get it.

• 4 weeks later...

I had no problem collecting the collectibles after beating the game and using chapter select to collect the collectibles before starting on Memory Hunter. The only problem I had was just having to get the collectible again if I died before reaching a checkpoint. You can always check your collectibles progress (i.e SAT Patches, Focus, etc.) by hitting the select button and going over to collectibles I believe. As far as everything, I had no trouble.