Some people found this game boring….

kfree7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say boring, found the game quite interesting although short. However the game is not action-packed, which could make it boring for some, since there's way too many gaps between any and/or few action that happens.

Another thing to mention is you can't skip CGs and conversations (where usually she walks slowly), which could get on your nerves especially when you are repeating an episode.

The game is a splendid experience with a great story, fun fighting and platforming...after you've played through it once. This isn't the type of game I'd go back to though, and going for plat was a bit of a shitty experience, mainly due to cut scenes that you can't skip. There are a lot, they're long, and going through one whole chapter to find one damn Scaramech at the end of it was crappy.

But go through it at least once, it's cool. And it's free right now with PS +, so might as well.

I see you platted Tron: Evolution. Did you enjoy that? I am probably in the minority of those that did. While the settings are, obviously, completely different, I found the combat, atmosphere, and music very similar. I had a blast with Remember Me. However, I am looking for collectibles now and finding it somewhat of a chore. I say you try it!

Edited by ScarletKnight71

I see you platted Tron: Evolution. Did you enjoy that? I am probably in the minority of those that did. While the settings are, obviously, completely different, I found the combat, atmosphere, and music very similar. I had a blast with Remember Me. However, I am looking for collectibles now and finding it somewhat of a chore. I say you try it!

Yes, I loved Tron!

I wouldn't say it's boring, but it isn't the greatest game ever. The concept and story is interesting, but overall it's very melancholic. At several points they force you/Nilin to be extremely manipulative for the "bigger picture", which was kind of a put off for me.

That being said, the fighting style will be difficult in your first playthrough, so if you do decide to play I highly suggest two playthroughs for the full experience (you'll notice several things you never did before on your second playthrough too which is an added bonus). Also I wouldn't say there's anything boring about the fighting style, it's really unique and fun after you get used to it.

I'd say give it a shot. It's an easy plat, too, if you don't experience any glitches with the memory hunter trophy.

Well for me the game is boring because of the lame combat and enemies. Enemies keep on doing the same attack over and over again. Other than the combat the jumping around is some what a problem sometimes. The story is fine, the graphic is truly a great thing in this game. So I would give this game a 6/10. You should just try it.

I found the entire game to be extremely dull.

The fighting is repetitive as all get-out. The story is not very good at all (IMO). It just dragged on and on. I played it last THL looking for a fast plat, and gave up after beating the campaign. Didn't want to even look at the game anymore.

It's okay, but it's packing a lot of flaws that they should fix if they are blessed with the funding for any kind of sequel.

• The camera sucks balls
  • the combo system actually limits combat and makes it repetitive
  • the dodge mechanics with the combos are flakey (you are supposed to be able to continue a combo if you dodge over an enemy, but half the time it starts you over anyway)
  • later on in the game it gets really frustrating when it mobs you with enemies and you can barely get a combo started before you have to dodge
  • some enemies have bullshit attacks. the chapter 6 boss can both stun you out of nowhere and you can't avoid it, leaving you unable to dodge an attack from his minions, and has an attack he does where he suddenly grabs you out of nowhere and throws you which you also cannot see coming and cannot dodge
  • some enemies have stupid shields that you can only kill by hitting them with health combos, but those combos don't do much damage so you have to sit there and bash on the enemy over and over until it finally dies
  • has obnoxious QTEs to finish off bosses even though you already beat them within the actual combat engine using skill
  • combos get immediately terminated if you kill an enemy in the middle of one rather than letting you continue the combo on another enemy. this one pisses me off the most, not so much because I lose the power in the combo I was building, but because I can never get used to it so all of a sudden I go from doing a good combo to flailing around punching people like an idiot because the latter button presses in the combo I was doing mean nothing now other than repeating the start of a different combo

The story and world are cool, but the gameplay does leave a bit to be desired. I wouldn't mind seeing a heavily improved sequel of some kind, and I do mean heavily improved. If they didn't fix everything I just mentioned in some way I would probably skip it.

Edited by mjc0961

I have to agree about the combo thing. It sucks that while dodging, your combo will break if you don't hit the one enemy you started the combo on. Would have been better if you could continue it on a different guy. As there are usually several enemies, I found myself not completing combos half the time, which was pretty ass.

I have to agree about the combo thing. It sucks that while dodging, your combo will break if you don't hit the one enemy you started the combo on. Would have been better if you could continue it on a different guy. As there are usually several enemies, I found myself not completing combos half the time, which was pretty ass.

It's also completely balls that she will just randomly snap to another enemy mid-combo which also resets it. Especially when that enemy she picks is, for example, the big leaper with the red shield that you can't attack until you kill all the little leapers, so yeah Nilin good job ruining the combo to attack mister invulnerable. :rolleyes:

It really is just frustrating that combos don't carry over between enemies. What made the Batman Arkham games work so well in combat is being able to dodge out of the way of one guy and then start beating on another without killing the flow. This game is like "NOPE LOL YOU DIDN'T ATTACK THE SAME GUY START OVER". So frustrating. :mad:

I wouldn't say its to boring. Its just meh or Ok. Well I'm only on episode 3 and doing collectables on my first play through which does put a damper on things a bit.

I find the story half decent but almost everything else is pretty bad. The idea for Controls is fine pretty much just copied batman but who ever incorporated the controls into the game must have been on massive amounts of drugs. horrific combo system and oh the camera with Xmas. :mad: voice acting is ridiculously bad.

I must say though all in all its sorta fun though so far and im still playing. so I guess that's the bottom line for me! It was free so it also had that going for it. I will not play a game through if I don't like so I'd tell people to try it before they pass judgment.