WTFGDH is wrong with the final boss...

discostu668

Stuck in the second "phase" with the enforcer ghosts and that mother******* floating robot that apparently shoots heat seeking missiles (they hit no matter when I dodge, even if I dodge correctly). That, and there's no predictable method to dodge the boss's barf attack... Playing on memory hunter difficulty, so I die within a minute every single time I attempt anything.

Any really good tips on how to get through this part because I'm almost about to throw my controller through my TV...

I was able to dodge the barf by running to the left corner and constantly pressing dodge

Since you don't have to kill the enforcers load the 8 bit combo with pressen regen, just like the two L-bomb trophy. If you see the missiles coming dodge toward the area it came from.

Thanks!

But as is usually the case, minutes after I posted this, I managed to get past that part, and finished the game. Probably the most frustrating part of the game, really. But the mourners in chapter 7 also were a pain in the rear end.

Time for trophy clean-up, easy mode...

Lol. I got stuck on the second part of it too... you get hit and trapped at the same time and it's game over.

That is the only part of the entire game where I thought, these developers are stupid...

I worked around it by having 3 hit combos to quickly regen stuff and move on.

2 health regens and a chain

2 cool downs and a chain

3 triangles, 3 squares. so I'm not mashing all over the place. seemed to work. :)

was easier than the game deciding I'm doing a different combo when I wasnt. and i needed the health regen one because no matter what i was always getting trapped.

I too had trouble with this section so don't feel bad. Playing on memory hunter on the first run-through is a bad idea. (which I did). Most games are balanced pretty well, so even if you start on hard; if you play well you can manage.

This game isn't the case. It's a fun game, but their are definitely sections that are SUPER frustrating because the devs did a crappy job. IMO

Most annoying encounter i have ever seen in a video game

They should have added a permanent fire AoE that hits you each second, throws you back and stuns you for 10 seconds.

Really, the heatseeker missiles of the robots annoyed me during the whole game, but in this fight it is just beyond sanity.

stupid way to increase difficulty by quantity measures, that sucks. After the fight against the two Mourners i could not imagine any worse ... until h2o

The final boss was a joke. I don't see how he was hard, the game teaches you everything you need to survive and everything is used on him at the end just about. Hardest difficulty was extremely easy, nothing was hard at all in the game.

Speak for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've only just started my Memory Hunter playthrough (didn't realise it was a game where winning on a higher difficulty nets you trophies for lower difficulties too :facepalm: ), but I'm not expecting too much difficulty against the last boss. In his second phase you can use SenSen RIP to have the robots shoot the black cube for you, and then just concentrate on smacking the soldiers with Regen and Cooldown Pressens.

[spoiler=h30]It kinda helps that he tells you how to beat him half the time, which you can understand when you remember that he wants to die...

I took him down at first attempt :whistle:, it's a easy final boss for me :p, for me the hardest part was on chapter 7 with the 2 Mourner, I have died at least 20 times, maybe more, I have lost the count after the 15° tries :(

Even on Memory Hunter, the only things that kill me are poorly aimed jumps, thinking too much more about getting trophies than clearing out battlefields, and the far-too-often thought: "Ooh, I can make it behind that wall without having to wait for the approaching drone to turn around - oh, dear; I'm dead."

If you're patient, you'll be fine - even with the Mourners after getting used to attack animations and such. The patience is definitely my downfall most of the time, though!

It took me about 15-20 tries to kill the final boss but I did in the end. I didn't find any of the stages truly hard. They just required dodging at the right times and to wait for your focus skills to be available to you. The most difficulty part was the end of stage 3 when the weak spot becomes available.

Edited by JHChiBulls

Even on Memory Hunter, the only things that kill me are poorly aimed jumps, thinking too much more about getting trophies than clearing out battlefields, and the far-too-often thought: "Ooh, I can make it behind that wall without having to wait for the approaching drone to turn around - oh, dear; I'm dead."

If you're patient, you'll be fine - even with the Mourners after getting used to attack animations and such. The patience is definitely my downfall most of the time, though!

Some jump made me say "WTF, for real"? ? :confused:, very frustrating at times :doh:

I ranted a bit in this stage too :whistle: they force you to a) avoid the laz0r beams from the robots b) avoid being hit by the walking enemies, sometimes they dont even let you free for a full second for you to jump again and c) avoid the boss waves.

In top of that at the end of 2nd and 3rd stages you must avoid those annoying black circles while you shoot a massive amount of ... psychical bullets? to the cubes, but you cant keep your camera aiming at it if you have black circles appearing next to you.

Not to mention in Memory Hunter Mode your health in this battle is like a chocolate candy for a child, it drains in seconds if youre not carefully.

Well, luckily I finished that bastard. Time now for another game.

• 4 months later...
I was able to dodge the barf by running to the left corner and constantly pressing dodge

That's exactly what I did to avoid the barf. (which I call Tetris Blocks)

Pretty much the only thing I could do to survive that attack other than randomly being lucky. I denno man, everything was so easy on hard mode. Mourners, Kid Xmas. Had no problems with anything except the last guy. Problem is, on hard the tetris puke attack takes like half your health away, and as stated, there seems to be no way to predict it, except running to the end of the screen and mash dodge. Otherwise hard mode is a joke. :/

But i agree with some of the jumps. Sometimes I was in such a hurry and just jumped like an ass, and died. But that shouldn't even happen. They always start you off right at the jump, so what the hell, what's the point.

Now see, I keep thinking the developers are stupid every time the camera angle goes all stupid and I can barely get a decent view of the enemies I'm fighting.

^^^ This :francis:

I know they also have a climbing thing going on but when enemies show up, the climbing camera should fuck off in favor of one that keeps the view on the action.

EDIT: Okay so that sucked. I just got to fight the pair of asshole teleport guys in chapter 7 because the game bugged the first time I beat them and wouldn't open the door. Had to restart the checkpoint and beat them again. :2walls:

Edited by mjc0961

^^^ This :francis:

I know they also have a climbing thing going on but when enemies show up, the climbing camera should fuck off in favor of one that keeps the view on the action.

EDIT: Okay so that sucked. I just got to fight the pair of asshole teleport guys in chapter 7 because the game bugged the first time I beat them and wouldn't open the door. Had to restart the checkpoint and beat them again. :2walls:

Same thing happened to me on my Memory Hunter playthrough. I purposely went in there with 4 focus and had no problems. It bugged out, and I had to restart with NO focus. It took 5 tries from there.

• 1 month later...

Yup, I kinda wanted to smash things because of the camera at that point too :2walls:. The fight isn't hard, but when you can't see your chick, the ground, enemies, or the boss' barf, a puff puff game could be 'hard'. Actually phase 2 only took a few tries, which wasn't bad compared to

Again smashing things came to mind :2walls: after it glitched upon defeating this area. Had to do it again and certainly wasn't in the mood. Glad to know it wasn't just me.

Edited by mfCHI