Worth buying?

EightMHZ

I take the lack of replies as a sign that every single game forum ever created has this exact thread, and the only sound response to the question will always be 'stop asking and form your own opinion'.

The game looks cool...if you are intruiged...if you are remotely interested...then a game is worth playing and/or buying. Or at the very least, worth a gameplay search on youtube.

Think for yourself. You might actually discover something new.

The reviews have been all over the place for this game. Some have really liked it and given it high scores, while others have really bashed it.

Personally, I've been interested in this game for a while and will likely buy it after a price drop. The whole concept is cool to me and I want to support the developers for trying something new rather than just churning out more FPS games.

from what i have played so far is fun but it is very linear the world is busting with detail and little touches but the fact this detailed world is not very interactable is very dissapointing.

the combat is a arkham clone with a under developed 'make your own combo' feature that acually limits combat pretty badly at times.

then there are these cool puzzle memory that you need to go in and change peoples memorys for the desired response you need which is very fun but theres not enough of it and the rests basicly no risk platforming

Its really a case of if you like the set up and ideas behind the game then you might like it

For me it starts out great but after an hour or two its just becomes boring

At first it seem like it will have a great combo system where you design your own combos but then you realize its best to just use the longest combo to get the extra EXP (or whatever its called in this) at that point the fighting becomes so repetitive as every single fight becomes about using that one combo over and over

The climbing in the game treats you like a fucking moron as well with big yellow come this way arrows at literally every turn

the story is a mess i had no idea what was going on by the end, characters just seem to drop in and out of the game never to be heard from again

Overall i'd say its a great idea that could of made a great game, but unfortunately its just bad version of other games, Uncharted has better platforming and games like DmC and Metal Gear Rising have better fighting, there is nothing truly horrible/terrible but there's is nothing above average either

but like i said at the start, if you are in this for the premise then you might, just might, be able to forgive the sort comings and have a fun time

its a 5/10 for me

I will add though the problems could of been caused by the lack of experience for the developers, so if they announced a sequel, possibly an open world one, i would right it off straight away

Thanks for the feedback :) I looked up as much as I could before I came on here and value the input of users over reviews as they can be subjective as are gameplay videos. If the game drops in price I might consider it but for now probably not.

I'd say it is worth a play, but not worth shelling out any serious money for. It's more of a rental game if you ask me.

The story is fairly decent, nothing too groundbreaking, but a solid enough one. The gameplay is just a little too linear and repetitive. The combat is fluid, but there is barely any variation to the combos, despite the Combo Lab supposedly boasting loads of different combinations you can mess around with. That's just a flat out lie. The only variations you can add are regarding the affects your combos have, whether it be Health Regen or Cooldown Effects, etc.

Not to mention, almost every fight I get in results in "hit, dodge, hit, hit, dodge, hit, dodge". Granted I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, don't know how it plays on the easier ones. But seriously, its like I'm dodging more than I am actually fighting. And if even that proves too annoying or challenging (which it really doesn't) you can just back off and spam the spammer attack, let it recharge and spam some more.

Platforming is basic, nothing I haven't seen done better on other games. And the Memory Remixing, the prize feature of the game and its main selling point is pointless. There is a set way you have to remix memories to progress past them. It would've been nice if they gave you alternate ways of remixing the memories to give different outcomes that you could stick with and thus alter the way the story goes. It's basically, yeah you can remix memories, but only the way we want you to."

And finally, boss fights really require no strategy other than use cooldown pressens then activate fury and pummel the boss to death while being sure to dodge their generic attacks.

And the camera angles SUCK BALLS!! Most annoying thing about the game.

I find it is definitely worth the full price. The production value is pretty high, the setting is awesome and the fights are fun. Also, i find there is a progress in understanding the combo system which adds a lot to the fun later on. If you are in the flow of right timing and skill combination, this game really rocks.

What i also really like is the music system, that dynamically changes according to success and failure of your combos. The overall sound & music design in this game is really really good.

Only thing i dislike is that the game engine is relentless concerning possible attacks by enemies vs actually executed attacks, meaning that it might happen that 5 enemies will attack you in a matter of seconds, which often leads you to certain combo failure or death on memory hunter mode. That really sucks. The effect of this is, that you dodge pretty often, but when you manage to dodge correctly, you may continue the current combo and if you succeed in all this the game really begins to shine.

I have payed the full price and do not regret it, would buy it again. It has fresh gameplay, in some kind of cyberpunk setting with not so bad voice acting, very nice graphics, detailed environments (without too much exploration freedom though) and fun action combo based fighting.

I'd say give it a chance.

I think its a great game overall. I wish it had more puzzles, more free roam, more interaction with people/background, and MORE MEMORY MIXES! Yeah its missing a few things that could've made the game better but it's still was a good game and it deserved better ratings than it got.

On a side note, I think the OST for this game is fantastic! :dance:

Was looking into purchasing this title, until i saw the mixed reviews. Trying to figure IF it is worth forking out $88 for this game or wait until it hits some bargain bin discount. Looks pretty neat, though with the story only going for what i hear 6 - 7 hours long, makes me re-think purchasing it full price.

Edited by LucaNatoli

Was looking into purchasing this title, until i saw the mixed reviews. Trying to figure IF it is worth forking out $88 for this game or wait until it hits some bargain bin discount. Looks pretty neat, though with the story only going for what i hear 6 - 7 hours long, makes me re-think purchasing it full price.

$88!?! I like the game but even I wouldn't spend $88. I got it through Gamefly with an option to keep for $38.69. Is $88 the AUS to US conversion? That's alot of money.

I haven't spent that kind of money for a game since Chrono Trigger back in the mid 90's lol

$88!?! I like the game but even I wouldn't spend $88. I got it through Gamefly with an option to keep for $38.69. Is $88 the AUS to US conversion? That's alot of money.

I haven't spent that kind of money for a game since Chrono Trigger back in the mid 90's lol

US to Aus exchange? No, our dollar has been stronger then the USA dollar for quite some time, even now it has dropped sitting at 93cents per dollar to US.

It is because publishers are greedy and Australia is one of the best paid countries. The cheapest you can find new release games are around $79, and sometimes games go up to $90. Has nothing to do with exchange rate, has to do with the economy, which is stronger here like i mentioned and people here earn quite a bit compared to, let's say, the USA / Europe.

That is why they like us to pay through the nose for games. $88 is like half a day's work for me but i am saving for PS4 and a trip overseas at the end of the year, so wanted to know if it is worth buying, by the look of so many happy faces not regretting their purchase i may pick it up...

US to Aus exchange? No, our dollar has been stronger then the USA dollar for quite some time, even now it has dropped sitting at 93cents per dollar to US.

It is because publishers are greedy and Australia is one of the best paid countries. The cheapest you can find new release games are around $79, and sometimes games go up to $90. Has nothing to do with exchange rate, has to do with the economy, which is stronger here like i mentioned and people here earn quite a bit compared to, let's say, the USA / Europe.

That is why they like us to pay through the nose for games. $88 is like half a day's work for me but i am saving for PS4 and a trip overseas at the end of the year, so wanted to know if it is worth buying, by the look of so many happy faces not regretting their purchase i may pick it up...

I wasn't implying that the AUS dollar was weak. Completely the opposite. I just came back from a vacation in Europe and the Euro & Pound to US Dollar conversions were outrageous... especially the Pound conversion. That's why I asked. Example: The PS4 is going for $399 & €399 respectively in USA and Europe... but after the conversion, €399 is well over $500.

Regardless, its a good game and I enjoyed it. You probably will as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I totally love it so far, I've never seen a game do such a good job of making the future seem like a real city (Paris) built upon over time to form a futuristic vision. The combat system is clever and fairly deep (if you play on hard so you need to use it effectively). The story is silly, but in a fun way.

I don't really understand the negative reviews surrounding this game, but I reckon it has something to do with the fact that when the games press first got wind of it they seemed to be touting it as an evolution of Assassins Creed, which would suggest they though it would be open-world. Maybe that expectation made some people look down on it when they realised its a chapter based, linear game. (Think of it more like Enslaved: Odessy to the West - another great but underrated game - than an Assassins Creed or an Infamous).

probably doesn't help it much that is has some similarities in the way it feels to the early footage of Watch Dogs, and that game is the subject of a LOT of hype at the moment, so might be that critics want it to be that.

All subjective of course (what opinion isnt?) but if you liked Enslaved, or Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or Arkham Asylum I really don't think you'd be disappointed.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I paid £40 and completed it in 2 days and sold it again for £27 so it only really cost me £13 to play but for the fact it has no online and is so short I wouldn't recommend paying full price unless you sell it on after completing it.

Sheesh not all games need online. I'm glad this didn't have online. To many games have tacked on crap.

But I can see where some might not want to pay full retail. I however, thought it was worth it.

Sheesh not all games need online. I'm glad this didn't have online. To many games have tacked on crap.

But I can see where some might not want to pay full retail. I however, thought it was worth it.

I agree that it should not have had online features as it would have ruined the game. I am just saying as it doesn't have longevity I regret paying full price.