Rate the trophy difficulty...  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_75.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.45

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 4 months later...

I gave it a 4. Since the game can be platinumed in a single playthrough on easy difficulty, and you can go back to any chapter to complete sidequests whenever you want to unlock things like weapons with infinite durability or ammo, an item that lets you regenerate and a car with infinite health, combat difficulty should never be a factor.

As for the translation issue, all spoken dialogue is in English, and you'll only need a guide for 2 or 3 things in the actual story (due to their being Japanese text only), and a handful of sidequests (same problem). I used the guide over at gamefaqs and an English map and didn't run into anything I couldn't get through, and I can't read Japanese at all.

I gave it a 4. Since the game can be platinumed in a single playthrough on easy difficulty, and you can go back to any chapter to complete sidequests whenever you want to unlock things like weapons with infinite durability or ammo, an item that lets you regenerate and a car with infinite health, combat difficulty should never be a factor.

As for the translation issue, all spoken dialogue is in English, and you'll only need a guide for 2 or 3 things in the actual story (due to their being Japanese text only), and a handful of sidequests (same problem). I used the guide over at gamefaqs and an English map and didn't run into anything I couldn't get through, and I can't read Japanese at all.

Thank you for confirming this. Seeing as I made the thread and never got a helpful response this will lead me to possibly import this. Seeing as I don't own a 360 and thus can't play Deadly Premonition, it is helpful to know this one is playable even if you don't know Japanese.

• 2 weeks later...

Rated 3, had previous history with Deadly Premonition on 360 (100% save data)

No difficulty requirement, ridiculous unlockables, almost no penalty for failure, impossible to permanently skip or lose any of the side quests or cards, English heavy, even easier for those with knowledge of the 360 version.

• 6 months later...

A truly easy platinum, but time-consuming. It took me about forty-two hours to get my platinum. The only really difficult side-quests were those two trivia/quiz based quests. You basically have to guess and hope you've selected the right one.

• 5 months later...

This game is pretty easy to plat, I agree. Just time-consuming.

HOWEVER. The last trophy I got, and the only real hard one, for me, was the final boss rush, in ghost map 3, in the electric power place...geez that was ridiculous. You basically have to get through it without ever getting hit by the last two bosses, since their attacks take all your HP away. I'm surprised no one else was complaining about it. And the terrible controls on the game make this really hard to do. I finally got through it by using the light saber to stun lock the second boss, and then by learning to hide behind the stones for the final form of the last boss. But since you have to start the entire thing all over again, since I was replaying a chapter, it was really frustrating...