Red Johnson's Chronicles: One Against All

Rank A & 100% Guide

In this thread you can find answers to all the puzzles, locations of the collected items, missable conversations and other such things required for 100%. Explanations for each puzzle are not included although some may contain them.

If you have pictures of any of the important solutions/puzzles, please let me know so they can be used to help other players.

Some of the conversation options are not worded exactly, but should contain enough to let you know which options to pick. If you have the exact sentences written down, feel free to send them to me to have them included.

Also, if I forgot to list anything, please let me know below :)

Note: If at any time your comparator stops working (gives only one slot, accepts no button inputs other than left/right movement, etc), save your game and exit to the XMB menu. Then return and load your game, the comparator should be working again.

Duncan's Dive/Beginning of the game

[spoiler=divetutorial]1. Examine :cross: the box on the table by the fireplace

2. Press and hold :l1: to use the UV light - use it to locate the hidden clue on the back of the box (may not be a required move but I'm including it since this is the tutorial part)

3. Click the padlock on the box and enter the code 5372

4. Click both of the latches on the sides of the box lid and press :rsup: to open the box

5. Press and hold :r1: to use the magnifying glass - use it to find the power button, which you should then press

6. QUICKTIME EVENT

7. Read through/skip the parts of the tutorial that tell you about the notepad and its various tabs

8. Now you can explore the pub at last. You can find newspaper, History of Metropolis: Security (2/6) and the History of Metropolis: Geography (1/6) around the pub.

9. Talk to Derlik (the guy in red), Ringo (the hobo from the first game), Duncan (the guy behind the counter), and Abbie (the waitress). After talking to any of them, the game will give you one last notepad tutorial about characters.

10. At this point the game will force you to press :select: and choose My Hideout to go to. If you missed any of the encyclopedia pages, you can get them later on a return visit.

My Hideout

[spoiler=hideoutfirsttime]1. Find the analyzer/comparator (the machine in the back) and press :cross: on it to start analyzing

2. Analyze the two encyclopedia pages and the Severed finger

3. You can compare any of the encyclopedia pages if you wish, but it's not required for Rank A or 100%

4. There is also a phone and an encyclopedia in the hideout, but the first one is useless at the time (Abbie will not be home at this time) and the second is only useful if you wish to read the encyclopedia pages you've collected

5. Press :select: and choose Brown's Squat as your destination from the Map tab (though you can not go to Duncan's Dive yet either as Red is worried about his brother)

Brown's Squat

[spoiler=brownblackqte]1. (outside/starting spot) There is the History of Metropolis: East Side (3/6) to be found here

2. Click on the left side of the screen to go inside

3. QUICKTIME EVENT

4. During your talk with Black, select to show him the Severed finger

5. Select the correct parts of the face to make an image of Brown: Click to see the correct solution! (Thanks to TassieTiger for the picture!)

5. (inside) After you're done talking, pick up the Harmonica from the left side of the room and the Cleaning lady's business card from the right

6. Click on the assault rifle on top of the mop on the Cleaning lady's business card

7. Click on the radio/wall tiles on the left side of the room

8. Click on the radio, turn the camera to the right and click on the power button

9. Using the dial above the power button, tune the radio to 103.9

10. Press the record button

11. Press the button with the singular left arrow

12. Click on the mirror and then the faucet

13. Push down the pin in the middle and turn on the hot (red) water

14. Click on the mirror repeatedly until it breaks

15. Click on the padlock and enter the code 1348

16. Click on the mug and slide it to the right

16. When answering questions about the medicine cabinet, select the following: A coaster, "On the sign for Duncan's bar" and the option that says "Brown went often to Duncan's pub"

17. Click on the laptop/case next to Black

18. Open the lid and enter the password Lover

19. Read all the emails (including the one junk mail and draft)

20. A phone will now start vibrating behind the painting. Click on the painting and look behind it to find the phone.

21. Enter the pin 1938

22. Press the left phone button, select the dialled calls and choose the first number

23. Select the options "Brown Johnson", "When someone goes missing, they can come back again", and "Duncan"

24. Talk to Black again about all three options (talk again each time as he closes the conversation)

25. Return to My Hideout

My Hideout

[spoiler=myhideoutcallniki]1. Select the phone and dial 069291

2. Select the business card option, followed by False, True, True, False, True, False, True, False, True, True, and False

3. Use the analyzer and analyze all your new objects

4. Using the :l1: UV light tool, find the B1 text on the Audio cassette and fingeprints on A coaster, Cleaning lady's business card, Red's business card, and the Harmonica

5. Using the comparator, compare Brown's fingerprint to the Severed finger

6. You can also compare the Print from Red's business card with the Print from cleaning lady's card, but this will not count until later

7. Go to The Pier

The Pier

[spoiler=piermeetniki]1. Go to the right into a new scene with a carousel. Click on it to meet Niki. Talk to her until the carousel turns around.

2. Go to Duncan's Dive

Duncan's Dive

[spoiler=duncanarcade]1. Get the Photo: Under the bridge (6/8) from the bar counter

2. Talk to Duncan

3. QUICKTIME EVENT

4. Select the option that says "you knew", select the Debt collecting email and select the picture of Abbie

5. Click on the arcade game

6. Play through the two stages of the horse riding game

7. When talking to Duncan, you need to match the images to form the face of Black: Click to see the correct solution! (Thanks to TassieTiger for the picture!)

8. Click on the cash register

9. Solve the sudoku puzzle to get the cash register working:

First row: Bottle, Cocktail, Peanuts, Burger, Soda, Coffee

Second row: Burger, Coffee, Soda, Cocktail, Peanuts, Bottle

Third row: Peanuts, Soda, Coffee, Bottle, Cocktail, Burger

Fourth row: Coffee, Peanuts, Bottle, Soda, Burger, Cocktail

Fifth row: Soda, Burger, Cocktail, Coffee, Bottle, Peanuts

Sixth row: Cocktail, Bottle, Burger, Peanuts, Coffee, Soda

10. Enter the code 131

11. Head into the backroom

12. Pick up the Photo: Brown's place (7/8) and Photo: Duncan's place (8/8)

13. Click on the locker, enter padlock code 2763

14. Press the locker again

15. Place the four items anywhere on the left side of the map. Put the pin on the word Dock towards the lower-right of the map

16. Head back into the previous room. Ringo is here now, you can talk to him if you wish, but it won't be a special conversation.

17. Go to Brown's Squat

Brown's Squat

[spoiler=blackmissableconversation]1. (outside) Pick up Photo: The Docks (1/8)

2. (inside) Pick up Photo: Carlos' place (2/8)

3. Talk to Black

4. Go to Abbie's Apartment

Abbie's Apartment

[spoiler=abbieishere]1. Talk to Abbie

2. Pick the A photo of Brown tied up option

3. Go to My Hideout

My Hideout

[spoiler=myhideoutcallabbie]1. Analyze all new objects

2. Use the phone and call 069747

3. Select the options "It's me!", "...at the police station", "Cuff you to a pole and teach you a lesson.", and "...in the parking lot at the police station."

4. Return to Abbie's Apartment

Edited by Bucket

Abbie's Apartment

[spoiler=postmanalwaysringstentimes]1. (outside) If you want to get (B)The Postman Always Rings Ten Times, you need to solve all of the mailbox puzzles before entering the door code (the trophy will pop up after entering the apartment itself). I will list the solutions here but you may skip them if you're only going for a speedrun/A rank/100%. If so, skip steps 2-11.

2. The Dark family - 666

3. Sam A. Ritain - 3469

4. John Doe - :rsright: to open, no code required

5. Harry Cover - 1476

6. Bill - Turn the key (obtained from Sam A. Ritain's mailbox)

7. 42. Margaret - 8502

8. F. Bones - 1312

9. Regis Connard - Turn the dial to the right until the mailbox opens

10. George & Tina Smith - 6145

11. Abbie & Niki - 4373

12. Click on the keypad panel near the door and enter the code A7648 to get inside

13. (inside) The game wants you to go upstairs, so do so

14. Talk to Niki

15. Pick up the History of Metropolis: Uncle Teddy (5/6) and the Photo: Sonia's place (5/8)

16. Click on the laptop on the table

17. Enter the password rabbit

18. Click on the TV

19. Using the remote, switch the channel to 014, 432, 137, and finally 048

20. Click on the window

21. Click on the safe under the window

22. Enter the code 6583

23. Select the options that say "Abbie set up a meeting with Brown", "Abbie turned Brown down several times", and "From Abbie's lips"

24. Head back downstairs

25. Pick up the Photo: Ringo's place (4/8), Photo: Abbie's place (3/8), and the History of Metropolis: The Clans (6/6)

26. Click on the fridge

27. Enter the code 2735

28. When talking to Abbie, show her the Vial of blood and then the Love letter: Meeting place

29. Return to My Hideout

My Hideout

[spoiler=myhideoutfingerisbrowns]1. Analyze all the new objects

2. Use your cursor to select the L2A3 text in the An image from Brown's video and your :l1: UV light to find the hidden C4K5 in the Vial of blood

3. Compare the Vial of blood to the Severed finger and compare the Print from the cleaning lady's card to the Print from Red's business card

4. Go to The Pier

The Pier

[spoiler=pierphotoweirdness]1. Talk to Niki at the carousel until she has you work on a new puzzle

2. Choose one weird thing in each photo: the crate on the lower-right, the statue head above the railing, the TV in the oven, the hand in the toilet, the monster climbing the building outside, the hippo in a doorway, the UFO in the window and the clock

3. Talk to Niki again until the carousel turns around

4. Go to The Rabbit District

The Rabbit District

[spoiler=rabbitdistrict]1. (outside) Talk to Derlik

2. Form the face of Mona Lisa: Click to see the correct solution! (Thanks to TassieTiger for the picture!)

3. Pick up the History of Metropolis: Padlocks (4/6)

4. Click on the door

5. Enter the code 96472 to get told it's TOO EASY

6. Enter a new code, this time 12157. Head inside

7. (inside) Click on the cans.

8. Enter the code 0536

9. Click on the upper monitors

10. Enter the code 4253

11. Click on the lower monitors

12. Enter the code 113

13. Enter the code 236

14. Enter the code 358

15. Enter the code 732

16. Enter the code 723

17. Go to My Hideout

My Hideout

[spoiler=myhideoutrabbititems]1. Analyze all the new items

2. On the Photo of Brown's suicide, click on the text T8, on The Red Pirate, use the :l1: UV light to find a fingerprint and the text U7 and finally on the Photo of the door of the boat, click on the text 06

3. Analyze the Fingerprint on the pirate book

4. Go to The Pier

The Pier

[spoiler=piermetropolisquiz]1. Go to the carousel and talk to Niki

2. Select "Yeah, I'm ready"

3. Selec the answers "8000001", "The SEALAB Sea", "more than one ground level", "candy machines into self-defense weapon distributors", "The port, the prison district and the industrial zone", "Padlocks", "With his vast fortune", and "Fraud and bogus fortune-telling"

4. Talk to Niki again until the carousel turns around

5. Go to Brown's Squat

Brown's Squat

[spoiler=browntapepatience]1. Wait around until a tape gets lowered down

2. Pick up Niki's cassette

3. Go to My Hideout

My Hideout

[spoiler=myhideoutblackout]1. Analyze Niki's cassette

2. Click on the computer

3. Enter the password Blackout

Submarine

[spoiler=submarinevisit]1. (dark room) Click on the machine aka the only thing you can see

2. It's braille code. Specifically French braille. To know what each braille code translates to in numbers you can either solve the different mini-puzzles surrounding the blinking lights OR you can use this to get a visual reference for French braille. The required numbers are random for everyone and each time a new game is played.

3. Click on the blinking lights and enter the correct numbers in the correct order using the buttons below it. Let the blinking lights start from the beginning if they're already doing the sequence or if you're checking each one and the next one already starts blinking

4. Press the button that is revealed

5. Click on the intercom next to the door on the left side

6. Enter the code 8734

7. Use the hammer on the lower-right of the intercom to bang the following answers on the pipes using morse code:

No (right, left, right, right, right)

No (right, left, right, right, right)

5 (right, right, right, right, right)

Blue (right, left, left, right, right)

8. Enter the code 788

9. Press the button that has a microphone icon on it

10. Click to the left of where the intercom puzzle was

11. Click on the explosives

12. Take 4 explosives from the first trolley, 3 from the second, 2 from the third and 1 from the last

13. Pull the lever

14. You will see a number as your answer. This number is random each time (since the correct trolley changes), but is used to solve which trolley has 9 gram explosives. Below are all the correct trolleys depending on which number you got (thanks to Vuze for these):

96 - Trolley #1

97 - Trolley #2

98 - Trolley #3

99 - Trolley #4

15. Click on the door and insert the explosive

16. (Brown's room) Talk to Brown

17. Click on the candles

18. Enter the code 7924

19. Click on the torpedo initialization system's door

20. If you want the (B)Marksman, you'll need to next shoot all targets in three stages of a gunrange mini-game/puzzle without missing/using too many bullets/choosing wrong targets. If you only want to get through fast/without having to do the puzzle, skip the next step.

21. The gunrange shooting:

First part: Shoot in order the left-handed guy drinking the beer, the guy with a card in his pocket, the piano player, the woman with the cellphone and the animal skull

Second part: Wait for the time to run out and then shoot all the things that changed - frame to the right of the animal head (not skull), the Mexican's hat, the Bartender's head, the card cheater's pocket card and the red lamp thing on the left

Third part: Sweep the screen from left to right to have the best chance at clearing each enemy with one shot before they disappear. The right targets are two varieties of bandits and indians - the women are wrong targets. The targets can appear behind the women (shoot just to the left of the women's heads to hit the right targets) and even multiple at a time (hence sweeping from left to right being the best way). If you succeed, complete the next part and the quicktime event to get your trophy

22. Move the camera to the right and enter the code 1342

23. QUICKTIME EVENT

My Hideout

[spoiler=myhideoutderlik]1. Analyze all new items

2. Use the :l1: UV light on the Floppy disk to find two fingerprints. Analyze those too

3. Compare the full Fingerprint on the floppy disk to the Fingerprint on the pirate book

4. Click on the computer, insert the Floppy disk

5. Enter the username derlik

6. Enter the password kilred

7. Go to The Pier

The Pier

[spoiler=pierlastmeeting]1. Head to the carousel and talk to Niki

2. Go to Abbie's Apartment

Abbie's Apartment

[spoiler=abbiemysterybox]1. Go upstairs

2. Click on the box on the floor

3. Click on the two dots below the eyes and scroll up/down to input the answers in order: 35, 33, 12, 20, 31, 15, and 33

4. Go to My Hideout

My Hideout

[spoiler=myhideoutlastthings]1. Analyze the Cassette from the tarot box

2. Complete any remaining analyzing/comparing you may have skipped/forgotten

3. If you wish, visit Brown's Squat to see Black is gone or visit Duncan's Dive to talk to Duncan or Ringo though there still won't be any conversations

4. Click on the filing cabinets to the right of the analyzer to start inputting your case file answers

Edited by Bucket

Case File Indictment Answers

[spoiler=endanswers]

Brown: Red's younger brother, False, False, False, True, True, True, Construct Abbie's face (picture by TassieTiger), He was invited on a fake date, Construct Brown's face (picture by TassieTiger), Click on the radio

Black: Black is the oldest of the Johnson brothers, Looking for Brown, Black's email, Arcade Game, Construct Black's face (picture by TassieTiger), Niki, Leaching off him and not taking control of his life, For never being there or helping out financially

Abbie: False, False, False, True, False, True, Love letter: Declaration, Vial of blood, click on Fridge, TV, construct Niki's face (picture by TassieTiger)

Duncan: True, False, False, False, False, True, True, False, True, Debt collecting email, Arcade Game, Black Johnson

Derlik: True, False, True, False, True, Click on the top of the boat where Derlik was standing earlier in the game, No he made it up for the circumstances, Floppy Disk, Of course he did, A file on Red, construct Derlik's face (picture by TassieTiger), Yes I'm sure I've seen his get-up on a book cover before!

Niki: False, False, True, True, False, True, False, Black Johnson, To find Brown and kill his abductors, Her client had saved up every dime they had

Clues: They were part of a perverse and deadly mind-game, A mysterious box, Where Brown was being hidden

Hideout: Click on the boat's door, False, True, False, True, False, True, Derlik, The Red Pirate

Motive: To provoke test and lure Red into a deadly trap, True, True, False, False, False, True, To collect the ransom and start a new life, Abbie's letter of resignation, Brown stole money from him, The fun of being the man who iced Red, For none of these reasons. That wasn't her objective

Perpetrator: Derlik, Floppy disk, Yes, Abbie, Abbie

Edited by Bucket

Sadly couldn't do 100% in the first run since some bug didn't let me compare items at the end of the game... all I could do was reload my savestate since not even the back option worked. Also failed to do all QTE without fails due to the last one in the boat but well... that's not the fault of your guide which is really awesome :)

Some stuff you could implement:

- for the braille thingy: http://libbraille.org/extra/alphabet_braille_francais.png

- for the calculation thingy:

96 -> first trolley

97 -> second trolley

98 -> third trolley

99 -> fouth trolley

I had that comparison bug a lot of times D: It can be fixed by saving and exiting the game entirely (back to the XMB), then going back in the game and loading. It'll work again after that. I should probably mentioned that somewhere so that doesn't cause more people to miss out on 100%. Personally also missed out on 100% on my first playthrough, but that was due to missing out on Black's missable arcade game conversation (since he disappears after the submarine).

The boat QTE I also failed the first time, but I chose to redo the gunrange (so I'd get Marksman) and got it the second time xD

Thanks for the improvement suggestions (and compliment), I'll add those in with a credit to you :)

Thank you :)

100% shouldn't take too long depending on how you play. For example, the speedrun trophy requirement is <2 hours, I started the case file around 1 hours and 16 minutes. Depending on if you get everything done on the first try and do the Marksman/Postman trophies at the same time, you could clear the game on your first playthrough and fairly quickly too.

Yeah, I'm considering doing a trophy guide if no one else does. We'll see :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey, Saltitao!

I checked my guide again, but I can't think of anything that would be missing EXCEPT for possibly a newspaper (not an encyclopedia page) from the very first part of the game (although I'd imagine it's there on subsequent Duncan's Dive visits). I think I may have accidentally cut that off while editing the correct encyclopedia names in my initial text file for this. If that is not the issue however, then I'd guess something was accidentally left unanalyzed/uncompared - always make sure to analyze and compare everything (and if you did a comparison of two specific fingerprints - mentioned in the guide above - do them again at the indicated point in the guide. They give a different result at that point) and talk to everyone (especially Niki) until they offer nothing new (one of the most missable conversations is with Black after playing the arcade game - that however is mentioned in the guide so I'd imagine you got that done).

If you have a save before the indictment answers, you could load that up and check all the numbers for Case Closed in the trophy guide. If any of them are not fulfilled, let me know and we can try to figure out what my guide may be missing.

P.S. Thanks to you, I just noticed Severed finger at one point is called Cevered finger in the guide xD Fixed that (and added newspaper).

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...