trophies reset

Ok so over a year ago i got red faction gurilla it was a cool game and i got all single player trophies anyone that knows of the trophies in red faction gurilla would call me a mad man for attemting anything so batshit insane seriously resistance 2 killzone 2 and alien vs predator combined arent as bad as the trophies in this game

anyway i got all single player trophies and whent to multiplayer and i got 2500 kill over time then my stats where reset to 0 for no reason

i asked the company making it to somehow fix my stats and they said no so i stoped playing

today after geting killzone 2 platinum i thought why not have a go at it again an i whent on it and played a little single player then a trophy poped up and i thought oh ****

all my trophies had been erased all the red faction ones anyway i quickly disconected from the internet and reformated my ps3 so any save data would be lost then i started up from scratch my ps3 is in the same statse it was in when i got it but tnakfully i dident lose the trophies because it hadent sinced i have gone on it again and the same thing happend its shows i have 0% progress im scared to compare trophies just incase it updates that i have none of them

is this a glitch any of you know of or is this just a one of

• 3 weeks later...

You format your PS3 for trophies you didn't lose?

VERY smart choice(I'm being sarcastic of course)

If you just SYNCED your trophies, it would've synced in what you earned

That'd make no sense for them to sync-out trophies you don't have, THAT you already synced into their server, y'know?

EXAMPLE

I Platinumed GTAIV, I started it up one day on my other PS3 and it said I had 0% trophies in it... I synced it, and it showed I had them again.

Edited by UltimaChocochu

About 6 months ago if you had 2 PS3s, trophy synch did not work between them (via PSN servers of course). For example, I platinumed BFBC2 and it is still shown as 71% or something on the other PS3. It's working now ok if you achieve a trophy it will synch eventually, but not the old ones. I guess there is some timestamp which is checked when synching trophies.

Anyways, I have experienced that the same trophy has popped up if you have achieved it on the past, and play the same game on another PS3, even if the trophies have been synched. I assume that deleting save game data and restarting, would cause the same so even if you have achieved trophy, game mechanism will "pop it" if your save game data shows that you have not achieved it. Some recent games will read trophy data when starting the game, so I guess this has been fixed by that way. You can see this when you check your trophies and the game you played last is on the top - even if you didn't achieve any trophies.

I don't like to complain about grammar, but your lack of any punctuation made your post really hard to read.

:confused:

From what I can make out, I think your logic is a bit backwards.

You shouldn't avoid syncing - in fact, syncing with the server may be your only chance at retrieving the lost trophies without redoing the whole game.

Syncing trophies is the only way to ensure you can get them back if you ever lose them (when formatting, or after a YLOD, for example).

Formatting your Playstation in this case was a really bad idea, because if you have unsynced trophies on there, then they will have been lost, because they are only stored locally on your PS, not on the server.

I guess the moral of the story is, always sync your trophies.

Edited by R834

• 2 weeks later...

everytime you are about to turn your ps3 off. if you have new trophies. highlight the trophy logo, press triangle and sync with the server. i lost trophies on borderlands when it first came out because i was on a friends ps3. signed into my account. i never synced the trophies...so i never got them really.