servers?

ryanoldschl1

I would act as though it would be shuting down shortly after RF:A drops.

Yea, once my YLOD is fixed this weekend, I'll probably jump straight into it and try and smash out 250 wins as fast as possible. From what I've read in other threads, if need be, the other online trophies can be boosted.

What I need to confirm though is whether or not the private matches needed to boost have to be set up online or if I can play two player at home and get them if I'm running out of time... coz that'll have big time implications

Yea, once my YLOD is fixed this weekend, I'll probably jump straight into it and try and smash out 250 wins as fast as possible. From what I've read in other threads, if need be, the other online trophies can be boosted.

What I need to confirm though is whether or not the private matches needed to boost have to be set up online or if I can play two player at home and get them if I'm running out of time... coz that'll have big time implications

I don't know anything about playing LAN games for online trophies. I'm sure there's some way to get em though.

I don't know anything about playing LAN games for online trophies. I'm sure there's some way to get em though.

Let's hope the server closures are just a rumour and we never have to find out :)

On a side note, Im pretty sure I saw you online and I'm pretty sure you were on the other team and I'm pretty sure you kicked my ass, hahaha. It seems I have a ways to go before I can become competitive.

But yea, if anyone else hears anything about these server rumours, please let us all know :D

Ok, I emailed THQ and being a wonderful bunch they are, they responded within a day. According to their responses, they have never heard of any intention to close the Red Faction: Guerilla servers, which is fantastic news :D

good to hear. hell, Saints Row 1 for the xbox360 is still open. what has it been 4-5 years from it's launch?(2006) and a sequel has been out for almost 2-3 years

made by the same game devs and published by the same publisher

Edited by 11anthony

good to hear. hell, Saints Row 1 for the xbox360 is still open. what has it been 4-5 years from it's launch?(2006) and a sequel has been out for almost 2-3 years

made by the same game devs and published by the same publisher

yep, some companies are just awesome :D Actually, I have Saints Row 1 on 360 (but no 360, haha)... hopefully they keep that open a while longer too :)

• 1 month later...

Glad to hear servers not shutting down, just started playing the game then to see this post. Cant see how they could shut them down anyway, they have a duty to provide the service for every sold game with online capabilities. Not known a game where it has happened, anyone know of one?

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/planty-rob.png "] http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/planty-rob.png [/url]

Glad to hear servers not shutting down, just started playing the game then to see this post. Cant see how they could shut them down anyway, they have a duty to provide the service for every sold game with online capabilities. Not known a game where it has happened, anyone know of one?

yea, theres quite afew. Go check out the Forums section, look under Games and check the stickied thread called 'Unachievable Trophies.'

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, yes.

EA, for one, are awful at keeping online servers up.

To name a few which have closed there servers: Tom Clancy's EndWar, Lord of the Rings Conquest, the older FIFA games, and the older Tiger Woods games.

These games then have unachievable platinums due to online trophies, which can, obviously, no longer be achieved.

If you want to see some more examples, look in the Unachievable Trophies thread.

Unfortunately, yes.

EA, for one, are awful at keeping online servers up.

To name a few which have closed there servers: Tom Clancy's EndWar, Lord of the Rings Conquest, the older FIFA games, and the older Tiger Woods games.

These games then have unachievable platinums due to online trophies, which can, obviously, no longer be achieved.

If you want to see some more examples, look in the Unachievable Trophies thread.

In EA's defense, they do have about 10 times the amount of games online than anyone else. Also, Tom Clancey isn't closed, I'm pretty sure it was a rumour that spread outta control, but the servers still up.

But yea, once I'm done with Fear 2, I'll be back onto Red Faction to get it all sorted before the servers do close, whenever that happens to be

I think the main fear about the servers in this game isnt necessarily THQ closing the servers so much as the dwindling amount of players on the servers.

I play the game pretty much every day and it seems that every other match you run into the same people over and over again. There really is a small community of people still playing this game. I'm curious if THQ would look at the populace instead of the age of the game to determine whether or not to keep up the server.

All things considered if I were THQ and saw the amount of people playing this game I'd shut it down to save the money cause in effect I'd piss off a whole 12 people playing this game...

LUCKILY players in the European arenas are starting to pick the game up more and the crowd is starting to grow again. I might get this 250 trophy yet...

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...