Working the Land - Read if you have it

Dx-188

I just tried to get all 300 in one session because on my first file i was ending up with 299. When i did it this time, i got 299 again. I'm about to fucking kill someone. If you have it, is there some one that most people miss or something. Any advice is appreciated

Also, i'm using this map: http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Red-Faction-Guerrilla/index.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Ahahaaaaaaaaa. Story time. So after i spend around 4 hours visiting all the ore deposits twice, i made preperations as you can see in lower posts, which probably spent about 1-2 more hours. And i get a good 2 hours to do it again. Set up the labtop and everything...and the 8th one i check in Parker...i find it. WHAT. THE. HELL. Can't believe i missed it. It wasn't obvious but still. But anyways, i deserved it (to not have to go through AGAIN) So now I have it :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately I can't change the title, but if you happen to read this and you haven't gotten the

trophy yet, here's some help if you need it:

Using the map i made a chart by counting the ore deposits. You might not be able to use the sub-sections cause you don't know really where i 'cut it off' but ima still leave em there if you think you know what im talking about:

38 in Parker

47 in FFZ

109 in Dust

80 in Badlands

15 in Oasis

11 in IZ

The boundary between Parker and the FFZ is a little iffy but the rest should help. I also made a sub-section for the Badlands and Dust.

Dust:

15 on the north side (windmill area above the northern safehouse)

61 in the middle

33 on the south side (past the gas station, 3-way intersection)

Badlands:

27 on the east side (safehouse area)

33 in the middle (including ones at the mole-hole)

20 on the south side (south of the road connecting to dust, unincluding irradiated zone)

Edited by Dx-188

exact guide I used. I didn't have any "problem" ones, so there's no "tricky" one. I did manage to get it all in one go, but I did it section by section and literally counted down the number of mines left to go. :)

What you mean you counted em done? Like, what was the advantage?

I counted how many ores each region had, and counted them down as I mined them. If something didn't add up, I'd recheck the locations before moving onto the next section.

For example say Parker had 30 ores to mine, if I only had 29 mined in the statistics, I'd recheck all the sections in Parker until I found the 30th one. It's a tedious but thorough method.

IIRC you should have 289 done before you hit the irradiated zone (IZ), leading up to the end of the game. The last 11 are in the IZ, completing the 300.

I counted how many ores each region had, and counted them down as I mined them. If something didn't add up, I'd recheck the locations before moving onto the next section.

For example say Parker had 30 ores to mine, if I only had 29 mined in the statistics, I'd recheck all the sections in Parker until I found the 30th one. It's a tedious but thorough method.

IIRC you should have 289 done before you hit the irradiated zone (IZ), leading up to the end of the game. The last 11 are in the IZ, completing the 300.

Oh. Ok. I made a grid going from 300 to 1 to cross off as i go (idk if it will help but i did it anyways) and if you remember the number of ores per sector can you tell me?

Using the map i made another chart by counting the ore deposits. Just incase anyone needs to know there are:

38 in Parker

47 in FFZ

109 in Dust

80 in Badlands

15 in Oasis

11 in IZ

The boundary between Parker and the FFZ is a little iffy but the rest should help. I also made a sub-section for the Badlands and Dust.

Dust:

15 on the north side (windmill area above the northern safehouse)

61 in the middle

33 on the south side (past the gas station, 3-way intersection)

Badlands:

27 on the east side (safehouse area)

33 in the middle (including ones at the mole-hole)

20 on the south side (south of the road connecting to dust, unincluding irradiated zone)

I guess i'll post this at the top after im done and tell duck360 for the guide...idk

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounds like this is incredibly similar to hunting blast shards in infamous. At least in this game the ore deposits aren't hidden on top of buildings!Is it a better choice to hunt them down in one go(or sector by sector),or by the see it smash it method. Name patented by me.:D

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds like this is incredibly similar to hunting blast shards in infamous. At least in this game the ore deposits aren't hidden on top of buildings!Is it a better choice to hunt them down in one go(or sector by sector),or by the see it smash it method. Name patented by me.:D

yea it is, except there's no constant pressing the button to have the ore show up on the map. The blips are alot smaller though. Unless you have a big screen, its quite easy to miss them

• 2 weeks later...

damn, was a pain for me... i collect like 240-250 w/out a guide than once i ended the storyline, the transporters and the demolitions i went for the online trophies. At the end i left for last the remaining 50-60 ores and it has been a real pain to finish collected them! Despite i use a guide for the last, i really didnt know where to start since i did not mark which of those i already had, so, i tell u... InFamous shards has been sugar and honey compared to this.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The hint that i can give is. Use a excel sheet with two columns and write down the Ore locations(numbers form interactive map) as well es the amount of ore you farmed at that spot.

In the end you can cross check the list in the first post as well as the amout of ore that you farmed in your own list.

That helped me alot to find the last two ore locations that i missed.

Hope that helps you guys too:).

• 3 weeks later...