XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 09-05-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
Dx-188

Exclamation Working the Land - Read if you have it

I just tried to get all 300 in one session because on my first file i was ending up with 299. When i did it this time, i got 299 again. I'm about to fucking kill someone. If you have it, is there some one that most people miss or something. Any advice is appreciated

Also, i'm using this map: http://www.msxbox-world.com/features...illa/index.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Ahahaaaaaaaaa. Story time. So after i spend around 4 hours visiting all the ore deposits twice, i made preperations as you can see in lower posts, which probably spent about 1-2 more hours. And i get a good 2 hours to do it again. Set up the labtop and everything...and the 8th one i check in Parker...i find it. WHAT. THE. HELL. Can't believe i missed it. It wasn't obvious but still. But anyways, i deserved it (to not have to go through AGAIN) So now I have it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately I can't change the title, but if you happen to read this and you haven't gotten the
trophy yet, here's some help if you need it:

Using the map i made a chart by counting the ore deposits. You might not be able to use the sub-sections cause you don't know really where i 'cut it off' but ima still leave em there if you think you know what im talking about:

38 in Parker
47 in FFZ
109 in Dust
80 in Badlands
15 in Oasis
11 in IZ

The boundary between Parker and the FFZ is a little iffy but the rest should help. I also made a sub-section for the Badlands and Dust.

Dust:
15 on the north side (windmill area above the northern safehouse)
61 in the middle
33 on the south side (past the gas station, 3-way intersection)

Badlands:
27 on the east side (safehouse area)
33 in the middle (including ones at the mole-hole)
20 on the south side (south of the road connecting to dust, unincluding irradiated zone)

Last edited by Dx-188; 09-13-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Dx-188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
hobbez84

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

exact guide I used. I didn't have any "problem" ones, so there's no "tricky" one. I did manage to get it all in one go, but I did it section by section and literally counted down the number of mines left to go.

hobbez84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #3
Dx-188

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbez84 View Post
exact guide I used. I didn't have any "problem" ones, so there's no "tricky" one. I did manage to get it all in one go, but I did it section by section and literally counted down the number of mines left to go.
What you mean you counted em done? Like, what was the advantage?
Old 09-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
hobbez84

I counted how many ores each region had, and counted them down as I mined them. If something didn't add up, I'd recheck the locations before moving onto the next section.

For example say Parker had 30 ores to mine, if I only had 29 mined in the statistics, I'd recheck all the sections in Parker until I found the 30th one. It's a tedious but thorough method.

IIRC you should have 289 done before you hit the irradiated zone (IZ), leading up to the end of the game. The last 11 are in the IZ, completing the 300.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Dx-188

Quote:
I counted how many ores each region had, and counted them down as I mined them. If something didn't add up, I'd recheck the locations before moving onto the next section.

For example say Parker had 30 ores to mine, if I only had 29 mined in the statistics, I'd recheck all the sections in Parker until I found the 30th one. It's a tedious but thorough method.

IIRC you should have 289 done before you hit the irradiated zone (IZ), leading up to the end of the game. The last 11 are in the IZ, completing the 300.
Oh. Ok. I made a grid going from 300 to 1 to cross off as i go (idk if it will help but i did it anyways) and if you remember the number of ores per sector can you tell me?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
hobbez84

Sadly no, I had a spreadsheet with all the numbers, but it is no longer on my laptop.

All I remember is that the irradiated zone has 11 ores, which means you should have 289 near the end.

Good luck on the hunt.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:46 AM   #7
Dx-188

Quote:
Sadly no, I had a spreadsheet with all the numbers, but it is no longer on my laptop.

All I remember is that the irradiated zone has 11 ores, which means you should have 289 near the end.

Good luck on the hunt.
Thanka anyways
Old 09-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
Dx-188

Using the map i made another chart by counting the ore deposits. Just incase anyone needs to know there are:

38 in Parker
47 in FFZ
109 in Dust
80 in Badlands
15 in Oasis
11 in IZ

The boundary between Parker and the FFZ is a little iffy but the rest should help. I also made a sub-section for the Badlands and Dust.

Dust:
15 on the north side (windmill area above the northern safehouse)
61 in the middle
33 on the south side (past the gas station, 3-way intersection)

Badlands:
27 on the east side (safehouse area)
33 in the middle (including ones at the mole-hole)
20 on the south side (south of the road connecting to dust, unincluding irradiated zone)

I guess i'll post this at the top after im done and tell duck360 for the guide...idk
Old 09-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
Dx-188

Blah ha ha. Got it
Old 03-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
VazzVegas
Maximum Clubs Lead

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission   Staff - Clubs Director   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Thanks for your help here. I feel so stupid! I spent 3 hours looking for the last 2 ore deposits only to find them up in the cliffs above the Dust safehouse! Oh well I'm happy to finally be done with single player mode.
VazzVegas is offline   Reply With Quote