250 wins still possible while keeping sanity?

flamingice

How is online at the moment? Is it likely possible to get 'A Winner Is You' legit, as there don't seem to be enough boosters about at the moment? I was going to borrow this game off someone but I'm quite picky about having my games at 100% - so if the online is completely dead, I might just play something else.

Edited by flamingice

Without boosting you don't stand a chance in hell :(. Even IF you find 3 Boosting Partners, you're looking at 3-4 months minimum to get the online trophies done. I say 3 Boosting Partners as Mad Genius requires a full squad of 4 people to get some of the Bonus xp Events. All the DLCs, including the Demons of the Badlands trophy DLC, have been yanked from the EU store without warning so getting the 100% is impossible anyway with an EU copy :(.

Thanks for the information. I have the Far Cry 2 platinum which was time consuming so that doesn't bother me so much - just the fact whether it can actually be done or not! I don't mind difficult or time consuming trophies if I can do them by myself - whether it be single player or legit online play - but when I have to rely on other people that I may or may not find, this looks like a near impossibility! FC2 was ok because although not a huge amount of people playing legit, there were an adequate amount of boosters. This, I'm not so sure now! I wonder if they are planning to put the DLC back on the store at some point? Maybe its worth asking THQ if it was a deliberate removal.

Truthfully I found it much worse trying to boost this and there were two occasions were I was involved with a boosting group of more than 6 people. Randoms would get in the way and it would take too much time just to have the teams meet up for the chance to boost a win. We were only averaging 5 wins an hour. It really sucked. At the very most I probably boosted 15 wins, but I am confident the number is less.

Playing legit gave me a better daily average (10-15 wins on a good day), but at the start was absolutely rough for me. I started fresh (both SP and MP) on Oct. 1 since I lost my save file and got the plat on Oct. 24. There are more hardcore players who seem to have been playing the multiplayer since release day still active. You will still see some blueberries AKA new guys here and there, but beware of the clans that contain the top 10 players teamed up and ready to just slaughter.

When I was getting better I received friend requests from real good players and teamed up with them which increased my wins ten fold. Don't mean to brag or anything, but this game probably gave me some of the best multiplayer experiences I will ever have in a game. Killing some of the top players who were teamed up and making them rage quit was a pretty good feeling. Also the abundance of hate mail received and "1v1 bitch" messages right after gave me a good laugh.

It is necessary to find two more people to get Mad Genius because you will probably need help with Lined Up and BBQ. The rest should come easily by just playing and you only need another player to boost XP and other things. They must be dedicated though. I added 3 or 4 people from this site who just didn't have it in them. Also one guy who ended up using a save file to unlock his trophies because...well... he just sucks at videogames.

Sorry for the long post. Good luck.

Edited by Freaky Ways
:)

Thanks. I've found the contact details of THQ UK so I may give them a call tomorrow to ask why the DLC has been pulled from the UK store - maybe it's an error because of the redesign and they weren't aware of it. I know the redesign has caused a couple of issues already so it wouldn't surprise me. If I can get the DLC, I might give this game a try, as the single player looks pretty fun.

Would you guys say the game was worth the time for the single player? I wouldn't want to bother investing time in the multiplayer for something if the single player campaign wasn't really good.

Personally I rate this as one of the worst games I've had the misfortune of playing (yes, even worse than FC2) and wish I could get the 6 months back that it took me to get the (P)/100%. The trophy DLC is also not worth getting as it's so short as to be pointless. You can read a full review in my Platinum Album.

Personally I rate this as one of the worst games I've had the misfortune of playing (yes, even worse than FC2) and wish I could get the 6 months back that it took me to get the (P)/100%. The trophy DLC is also not worth getting as it's so short as to be pointless. You can read a full review in my Platinum Album.

Well it's complete opposite for me.This is the platinum I enjoyed the most from the ones I have and I think it has one of the best online modes ever.:nana:

See, I quite liked Far Cry 2. The single player was enjoyable enough, and I met a lot of great people while doing the multiplayer. This is one of the reasons I'm not really sure about RF:G - my other half has the game and thinks I will like the single player campaign, but he has never played the online so can't comment on that. I suppose I will just have to make a decision one way and stick to it!

Nothing at all yet I'm afraid :(.

I suppose a follow up question for them could be about the intention of Maintaining servers. I bought the DLC a while back thankfully but my main concern, as always, is whether the servers will stay up or if this DLC drop is a sign for things to come for the game.

I called THQ and mentioned the removal of the DLC and they had no idea what I was talking about and to contact Sony. So I called the UK PS Store support and they said they'd look into it and get back to me. I'll report back here if they do.

That's good news then if it wasn't deliberate :)

Also, terminator, what do u mean peer to peer? How's that different from a normal server?

There are no actual servers, that's all P2P means :). You're connecting to an actual person instead of a central server, which ultimately means that if the host has a bad connection then everyone suffers :(. Army of Two: The 40th day and the NGS games are like this and the connections tend to be pretty bad at times :(.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Terminator,a little late but Congrats on the RFG plat.

We used to boost the multiplayer trophies a while back.....and im still 185 wins away from plat T_T

You said the game was a waste of 6 months, but in my opinion, the game has a really great multiplayer mode,(even better than Cod) but what its lacking was players....

probably in a month or so, im gonna get me a banner like yours for my posts ;D

If anyone wants some help, send me an inv.