Red Faction: Battlegrounds - Road Map and Trophy Guide

NrL7wYi.png

Big Thanks to RED_REBEL44 for the header!

Overview

Estimate difficulty: 4

Offline: 5

Online: 7

Approximate time: 5+ hours (10+ hours without boosting)

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Missable trophies: 0

Glitched trophies: 0

Cheats disable trophies: No cheats available

Difficulty affect trophies: No difficulty setting available.

Trophy Breakdown: 1(G) 4(S) 7(B)

Introduction

The signature destructive gameplay from Red Faction®: Guerilla™ comes to the downloadable arcade with Red Faction®: Battlegrounds™! Jump into your favorite tank or mech using your Gauss Cannons, Rocket Launchers and Singularity Bombs to destroy the competition, and environment along with it. Battle your way through treacherous Martian deserts, terraformed enclaves and more in a variety of different multiplayer modes and single player challenges. Rank up by defeating the competition and unlock new content including maps, vehicles, weapons and even items for the upcoming Red Faction®: Armageddon™.

(G)(S)(B) Road To 100% (B)(S)(G)

In Red Faction: Battlegrounds, there's Offline (Training Missions) trophies which are only challenges, Online trophies are Rank Up trophies and Combat related trophies.

Training Missions

Training Missions are challenges that you must complete with Gold. The types of challenges are:

• Speed Trial
  • Shooting Range
  • Survival
  • Annihilate

There are a total of 16 missions that you must complete with a Gold Star. There are a few hard ones but nothing unbeatable. You should get a Gold Star on the mission you're playing and then move to the next one. Each gold star grants 1,500XP for a total of 24,000 in Training Missions which is a great boost for the (G)Faction Leader(G) trophy. Use the guide for some tips and methods on how to beat tricky missions.

The Online trophies are very simple. You should focus on the (S)Bling(S) trophy because it'll be your last one to get. XP carries over from Training Missions; reaching Rank 20 doesn't take long. There are only 2 combat related trophies that are easy to get. There isn't much to say in here really.

Invite to online matches is available. Online trophies can be boosted.

Online trophies can be earned in Private Matches

You can have 3-players in an Online match.

All Online Trophies Are Boostable!

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/09.jpgScrap Metal (B)

Get a Quad Kill in the Training Missions

Quad Kill = 4 kills at the same time. Best way to do this is by using the Singularity Bomb, press :r1: to deploy it and when you see 4 enemies next to it press :l1: to detonate. The easiest mission I think to do this is COLD DAY IN HELL

Remember this must be done in Training Missions.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/10.jpgThe Running Man (B)

Earn a Gold Star in a Survival Training Mission Without Using Any Weapons

To unlock this trophy you must get a Gold Star on any of the Survival missions Without firing, using Items isn't allowed too (Thanks to pskid247 for confirming it.) but you can still use the repair item. There are a total of 5 Survival missions, pick the easiest one for you. I personally did it on BADLANDS SHOWDOWN.

Here is Linkinito's method on how to get the trophy:

Go on Standoff (the 3rd training mission, the first Survival one). All you have to do is to run in circles counter-clockwise for 3 minutes and a half. Items are allowed (so you can run over the mines and the repair power-ups, the trophy will still unlock). But you must not fire your weapon. An enemy will spawn after 30 seconds, another one at 1:30, and the last one at 2:30.

Just keep running counter-clockwise without stopping. At the 2 minutes mark, there should be a repair power-up. Take it only if you are low on health, or if you're close to the 3:30 mark. When you crossed the mark, just commit suicide to get (B)The Running Man(B). It took me a couple of tries to get it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/02.jpgThe Skills to Pay the Bills (S)

Unlock All of the Training Missions

Story-Related Trophy, Cannot be missed.

To get this trophy all you must do is beat the missions with any star. Each time you beat a mission a new one unlocks. You'll get the trophy after unlocking all 16 missions.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/04.jpgTake That, Winters! (S)

Gain a Gold Star in All Training Missions

To unlock this trophy you must get Gold on all of the 16 missions.

Some Tips:

• Press :select: to change between Stick Fire mode and Trigger Fire mode. Use the one that suits you best.
  • Your accuracy depends on how far you are from your enemy; Close=bad. Medium=Very Good. Far=Good
  • Bonus kills (Double kills, Triple kills...etc) helps increase\decrease the time which can help a lot.

1) THE QUICK AND THE DEAD

Type: Speed Trial

Gold: 00:55:00

Difficulty: Normal

2) GUNSLINGER

Type: Shooting Range

Gold: 01:00:00

Difficulty: Easy

3) STANDOFF

Type: Survival

Gold: 03:30:00

Method: Stay at the same place you start on. There are 2 ways for the enemy to enter, you must guard them with your life. The enemy only sends Miner ATVs and Rover Flatbed that can be easily destroyed by a Medium Tank.

4) METAL-STORM

Type: Annihilate

Gold: 02:20:00

Difficulty: Hard

Method: This mission all depends on your mines. Use mines as often as you can as they can 1-hit destroy the enemy. Fire from afar instead of being close to increase your accuracy. That's all I can say about this mission.

5) BADLANDS BUSHWHACK

Gold: 03:40:00

Method: As soon as the mission starts go to the right side of the map (below the Item spawn-er). In this position enemies can only approach you from above and below (mostly from below). When the Air Mines spawn above you take it and put one right on the Item spawn-er then return to your previous position. Sometimes an enemy will appear where you put your Air Mine and when he appears press :l1: to detonate the Air Mine and kill him before he hurts you. Re-Do the steps until it's over.

6) SNATCH AND GRAB

Gold: 01:20:00

7) HARD TARGETS

Gold: 01:00:00

8) THE BRIAR PATCH

Gold: 02:40:00

Difficulty: Very Easy

9) BADLANDS SHOWDOWN

Gold: 04:00:00

Method: I found it easier if you run away instead of defending. It will take a few tries but you'll make it, just stay away from the enemy firing zone. More enemies will spawn over time (Max 5) most of them are Combat Walkers which are slow and easily avoidable. You could get (B)The Running Man(B) using this method but if you're having trouble at the end feel free to start firing for your life.

10) WHEELS OF FIRE

Gold: 01:30:00

11) TOXIC TAKEDOWN

Gold: 01:45:00

12) COLLATEAL DAMAGE

Gold: 01:10:00

13) COLD DAY IN HELL

Gold: 03:10:00

14) QUICK AND DIRTY

Gold: 02:50:00

15) HOTHOUSE

Gold: 04:20:00

Method: This one is tricky but can be easy if you follow these steps: A few seconds after the mission starts Mines will spawn on the left side of the map; take them. After that go to the top right corner of the map and stay there; it'll be your defending place for this mission, enemies will only approach you from below. If your health gets low grab the Shield below you and drive to the left side and you'll find Health (It won’t appear if you don’t get the Mines at the beginning). Then go to the upper area and grab the Singularity Bomb just in case you need it. Return to the defending position and stay alive. If you do these steps you shouldn't have any problem.

16) LAST FURY

Gold: 02:15:00

Difficulty: Very Hard

Method: This mission depends on your accuracy, use of items and your bonus kills. There is no easy way to do this, just memorize the enemy locations and try to get as many bonus kills as you can. Use as many items as you can to get fast kills.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a missing banner.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/05.jpgHelping hands (B)

Complete Your First Local Multiplayer Game

To unlock this trophy, enter LOCAL MULTIPLAYER from the Main Menu. Get a 2nd controller to join. Get in a match and wait for it to end and you'll get the trophy. You don't need to win.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/06.jpgTaste of Victory (B)

Win an Online Game

Simply win an Online Game

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/07.jpgThe Black Hole (B)

Kill All Other Players With The Singularity Bomb in a 4 Player Online Game

To earn this trophy you have to get into an deathmatch and have 3 other players in it. In Game get the Singularity Bomb and use it to destroy all the other players in the match. Here is King_Ubu's method which makes the trophy easier:

Note: We could only get this to work on a DeathMatch and you need at least 4 controllers between you.

Just tried this with The_Firebringer and we both got it.

When you first turn on Battlegrounds and get to the main menu select online mode, at this point you get a screen with your PSN ID in the top left corner and 3 open slots.

You can then sync up 3 additional PS3 controllers using your main account.

Push :cross: on controller 1 and you're then taken to the play online menu.

Select Create Private Session.

When you enter the lobby, you'll see that you have now filled 3 of the empty slots.

Simply invite 1 person to join you and begin the match.

Once the match begins, using the other controllers group the 2 duplicate players to a set spot, then just take it in turns to use a singularity bomb.

Trophy will pop up shortly after detonation.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/08.jpgTotal Carnage (B)

Kill 5 Opponents in a Row Without Dying in an Online Game

This trophy sounds hard but it's not that bad. I prefer Tanks for having great firepower and also great armor but lacks speed but who needs speed? I can't really say much here just kill 5 with out dying.

If you can't do it on your own, boost it or use the 3 controllers method.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/03.jpgBling (S)

Gain a Gold Badge in 5 Player Awards

Player Awards are online awards that you get over time. You first unlock Bronze then Silver and last Gold. There are 12 awards and you must get Gold in 5 of them. Some take lots of time to get and some are very easy to get.

Here is the requirements for each Gold Player Award:

• Deathmatch Master: 5h play time
  • Team Deathmatch Master: 5h play time
  • King of the Hill Master: 5h play time
  • Flag Frenzy: 5h play time
  • Capture the Flag Master: 5h play time
  • Tank Killer: 250 kills
  • Walker Killer: 250 kills
  • Light Vehicle Killer: 250 kills
  • Destroyer: 1000 kills
  • Plan B: 200 kills
  • Team Player: 250 assist
  • Flag Capture: ???
  • King of the Hill: 33m as the hill king
  • King Killer: 200 hill king killed
  • Flag Carrier Killer: 200 flag carrier killed
  • Game Player: 100 games played.

Here is the fastest boosting way I know for getting the trophy:

Game Mode: King of the Hill

Map: Particle Cannon 7

Game Length: Long

Damage: Very High

Aim Assist: High

Vehicle: EDF Heavy Tank

Step One: What you want to do is get the King of the Hill award. Go to the KotH position on the middle of the map and when you're there, shoot down the other guys below but make sure that all 3 of them are the same type (Tank, Walker or Light Vehicle). At the time of getting the King of the Hill award, you should have finished at least one of the kills awards.

Step Two: On the same settings. Now you have to aim for the King Killer award. You should stay below and make the others one by one become a KotH and when one is in position, destroy him. Keep repeating until you get King Killer award, when you do get that award you should have gotten the last 2 of the kills awards or very close on getting the last one. If so, continue playing to get the last remaining kills for your 5th Gold Award.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/01.jpgWelcome to the Faction (B)

Gain Your First Rank

XP can be earned in both Training Missions and Online. Earn XP to get a higher Rank.

Each mission contains 1,500 XP; out of it you get 500 XP if you earn Bronze, 1,000 if you earn Silver and 1,500 if you earn Gold. You can not repeat a mission to earn more than 1,500.

You need 2,100 XP to reach Rank 1

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/11.jpgGoing Up in the World (S)

Get To Rank 10

XP can be earned in both Training Missions and Online. Earn XP to get a higher Rank.

Each mission contains 1,500 XP; out of it you get 500 XP if you earn Bronze, 1,000 if you earn Silver and 1,500 if you earn Gold. You can not repeat a mission to earn more than 1,500.

You need 19,000 XP to reach Rank 10

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/706/12.jpgFaction Leader (G)

Get To Rank 20

You need 55,600 XP to reach Rank 20

I'm not sure what is the fastest mode to earn XP but either way reaching Rank 20 isn't much.

Armageddon Pack adds 4 extra mission with a total of 6,000 XP if all earned in Gold.

Origins Pack adds 4 extra mission with a total of 6,000 XP if all earned in Gold.

Edited by Terminator
Removed Signature.

Really looking forward to the guide. Wanted to write one, but well... Some people already have many trophies in it, and I'm working early tomorrow, so... I think I'm just gonna give a helping hand. I have a cool tip for doing both (B) Scrap Metal and (B) The Running Man trophies.

Go on Standoff (the 3rd training mission, the first Survival one). All you have to do is to run in circles counter-clockwise for 3 minutes and a half. Items are allowed (so you can run over the mines and the repair power-ups, the trophy will still unlock). But you must not fire your weapon. An enemy will spawn after 30 seconds, another one at 1:30, and the last one at 2:30.

Just keep running counter-clockwise without stopping. At the 2 minutes mark, there should be a repair power-up. Take it only if you are low on health, or if you're close to the 3:30 mark. When you crossed the mark, just commit suicide to get (B) The Running Man. It took me a couple of tries to get it.

Then, do it again and survive with the same method until the 2:30 mark. You should have 4 enemies against you. If you run counter-clockwise all the time, they should be "packed" and just fire at them. If they are close enough, one will be killed and the blast will kill the other 3, giving you the Quad Kill and therefore the (B) Scrap Metal trophy.

It doesn't work if you are killed by the enemy, and the following blast kills four enemies.

If I have the time I might do videos for each training challenge and doing a gold time.

Edited by Linkinito

If you use the 2 players w/4 controllers method mentioned above you can boost the *Bling* trophy and rank to Lv. 20 pretty fast by repeatedly killing the extra vechicles.

For Bling we went for the 3 medals for the different Vechhicle kills, Total kills and Time as King of the Hill and it went pretty fast. King of the Hill only requires you to be the King for around 30 minutes total and you can rack up kills on the sideline at the same time.

Also for the last Survival mission (Hothouse).

You can sit in the bottom left corner behind the fence for the entire time limit. You guns can shoot over the fence but the enemies have to drive around before they can fire, giving you time to mop them up. The only things you have to watch out for, are a spawn point right next to you (youm still have time to kill them before they can fire if you use stick aiming) and sometimes a tank will try and shoot you from the middle of the map.

Using that method i cleared 6 minutes of survival :)

Also for the last Survival mission (Hothouse).

You can sit in the bottom left corner behind the fence for the entire time limit. You guns can shoot over the fence but the enemies have to drive around before they can fire, giving you time to mop them up. The only things you have to watch out for, are a spawn point right next to you (youm still have time to kill them before they can fire if you use stick aiming) and sometimes a tank will try and shoot you from the middle of the map.

Using that method i cleared 6 minutes of survival :)

I used a similar trick, theres a few places you can go on that map and burst fire to win. Eventually the tank husks will cause a bottle neck which allows for double and even quad kills.

Yo Duck360

A little tip to get Black hole as I got it.

how to get it when playing real OMP

Create a online match and play King of the hill on the Particle Cannon 7 (or what its called) and chaged the settings to these:

Offense: Few or none

Defense: Few or none

Special: High.

Get a full players, might take 3 matches if you start with 1 opponent. Now the black hole item will pretty much be the only item to spawn on the stage and just place it in the center, and trigger it if all players are there.

Screw the suicide you get if you can get all players with the bomb, aslong as you get the trophy.

Hopes I did explain it well :)

It happens sooner or later.

Took me some matches, but needed the EXP, so no waste of time :p

Settings I did it with.

Play time: Medium

Vehicles: All

Damage: Medium

Fire rate: High

Assist fire: Low

Offense: Few

Defense: Few

Speciel: High

So if you also die on your own Singularity Bomb along with 3 other, you still get the trophy?

SandeProElite, are you sure it's 100 flag kills?

I was under the impression that if ou die on a Singlularity Bomb the trophy doesn't pop up. But then again, there have been a number of glitches confirmed for this trophy.

When I was testing the 2 player only method, my partner definately said it didn't work when he died in the blast.

Also... trying to get this online without boosting is a complete waste of time no matter how you try and set it up. Everybody knows that you can still kill enemies when caught in the singularity bombs magnetic pull and most people who get caught in it don't stop fireing.

But trying this on a King of the Hill, who plays king of the hill like that anymore, most people stand on the outside of the area and try to kill the 'king' at a distance. Or wait until two guys nearly kill one another then they come rushing in.

Trying it online without boosting is just asking to get frustrated with the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The last non-dlc mission is horrendous. I've been trying for the last two hours to gold star but I can't even get close, my best run being 20 seconds away.

Does anyone have any more advice for this one, I know where all the enemies spawn but I can't shoot them fast enough and the gun over heats constantly.

Any help would be vastly appreciated.