Towns and Survivors in Undead Nightmare

Wronator

I was playing Undead Nightmare when Blackwater was overruned. I thought : who cares ? But later on when one day passed i got an information that one of survivors died and when they'll be all dead, the city is lost FOREVER. So if i undertand right Spinning Plates is a missable trophy, and you won't be able to get it with one city lost.

Edited by Wronator

Yep, thats correct. But i'm wondering what happens if all survivors dies. Hope the game is just joking and you can clean all towns after your're done with the completing missions. Anyway, just in case I will be fighting Zombies back so I can avoid another playtrough...

I'd really like confirmation on how this works exactly. I've been playing online but haven't touched the single player aspect of Undead Nightmare yet and would like to not screw myself out of a trophy by not saving people if I have to.

On the flipside, I'd like to not have to constantly drop what I'm doing just to save people if I don't have to and can still reach 100%.

I'd really like confirmation on how this works exactly. I've been playing online but haven't touched the single player aspect of Undead Nightmare yet and would like to not screw myself out of a trophy by not saving people if I have to.

On the flipside, I'd like to not have to constantly drop what I'm doing just to save people if I don't have to and can still reach 100%.

There's only like five missions in the game. Most of the time, you should be free to go help out.

I don't see the trouble in doing it and it only takes about 5 minutes.

This is how it works.

When you have to save a town, there are "circles" at top and a bar.

Killing zombies fills the bar.

Once bar is full, one circle becomes full and bar goes empty again.

Giving ammo to survivors fills one circle.

Once all circles are full, you have to kill all remaining zombies.

So, if survivor dies, next time you go to save, you will have to do more of the killing yourself. If all are dead, you will have to kill them all by yourself.

Speculation:

I think [yet to let a survivor die so can't confirm] how quickly a town gets overrun again depends on number of survivors. Which means, if you let all survivors die and have unlocked all towns, you may end up into a situation where towns get overrun way faster than you can clear them. Though, by that time you should've already got spinning plates. I could check it out on my next run or in my current run, once I 100% the game, or at least get spinning plates.

I got a notice out of the blue that Armadillo was lost. No notice that it was overrun, just saved it once, then suddenly lost. I reloaded my save, waited in town for night, and suddenly zombies were everywhere, and the town was lost, no chance to do anything. The symbol on the map turns to a red upside down cross, and killing the zombies won't bring the town back.

So Spinning Plates is missable, and I'll miss it due to nothing I've done. This sucks.