100% completion trophy tips given and questions answered!

J99FISH

This is not a completion guide i am just taking questions!! Please ask me about anything you are stuck on and i will try to help you and other people as well!! I am currently working towards doing the 'mowing them down' trophy, but look at another forum for that. Don't flipping shut this forum down, as i will be helping people and i will get people's responses.

Joe:dance:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a completion guide i am just taking questions!! Please ask me about anything you are stuck on and i will try to help you and other people as well!! I am currently working towards doing the 'mowing them down' trophy, but look at another forum for that. Don't flipping shut this forum down, as i will be helping people and i will get people's responses.

Well done mate, I support this and who ever else is willing to help offer there services in this community, as I have already finished this game 100% and gotten platinum it's nice to know that people are out there still offering assistance after finishing the game.

:applause:

So I need to unlock the bandito outfit and I have a question about scrap 4 which requires to capture a bandito bounty alive. Well, I think I kinda captured all the bounties from Mexico and apparently didn't bring any bandito alive. What should I do? Can I find another way to capture a bandito alive? After I caught all bounties, will the list of criminals reset and I will be able to capture them for an unlimited amount of times? Or have I fucked up the whole 100% completion?

I hope you've understood my problem and I am waiting for an answer. Thanks !

No, you are fine. Bounties will repeatedly appear in towns every day between 7 am and 10 am.

But in general you need to be standing near the bounty board (where they hang the posters) and stand there for a couple minutes to make sure they post. They will post randomly but if you get there at a little after 7 am and stand there they will always post one after a while you have to be patient sometimes it takes a while. I have the best sucess with a little after 7, I think that if you are standing there prior to 7 the computer doesnt take it as you waiting for the bounty to be posted.

I just did it in Escalera, I would sleep until I got close like 5 am or so and then play blackjack until 7:05 then walk over to the board and ther was one there before 10 am every time after I waited.

So just wait until some time early in the morning then walk to the board and wait in Mexico.

You will have to get a bounty that says "Banditos" on it because there are petty criminals in Mexico that will not count.

Also if there is ? that means you already did it so you wont see if they are a Bandito or not. But it will count if you do it again and they are a Bandito.

One last thing that I think a lot of people have a problem with and this was the issue for me, You have to be IN the area when the mission starts AND capture them in the same area to get the credit. For example if the poster says bad guy in tall trees, you can't start attacking the gang with a rifle from outside the area you have to ride until it says you have entered tall trees (some areas are small, or they can be on the edge) same goes if the guy takes off if he gets out of the area sometimes the game will just read the turn in to the sheriff as a random bad guy not the bounty that you need.

Thanks, AGNT-BLANK. It worked !

Another little question now that I'm done with that. I heard that there was a glitch with the trophy that requires to have 500 kills with mounted weapons. A friend told me that he got the 500 kills, but the trophy didn't unlock so he had to make one more kill with a gatling gun. Is this glitch fixed? Or did anyone have this problem?

Edited by Rockstar

Cool thread! I just got my 100% over the weekend. I'll lend what assistance I can as well.

For those working on their outfits, try using the track feature built into the outfits screen. Just hit :square: with the respective outfit showing on your screen and your next step for the outfit will appear on your map in a purple circle. It makes locating those bounties, stranger quests, cloth scraps, and games you need to beat child's play. :D

For those working on their outfits, try using the track feature built into the outfits screen. Just hit :square: with the respective outfit showing on your screen and your next step for the outfit will appear on your map in a purple circle. It makes locating those bounties, stranger quests, cloth scraps, and games you need to beat child's play. :D

wow. 1000 thanks to you! :D

I'll try to help although im not anywhere near 100% myself. Im guessing most people know, but if you dont, check out the rockstar social club website. Link your PS3 profile too it and (after a while, it updates randomly and slowly) you can access your 100% checklist for the game. (redeemed trophy) Its really helpful if you are on 95% complete and cant work out what you've missed! It doesnt spoil anything either :)

Edited by Loftusboi

how long do all survivor challanges take? (the ones you have to pick flowers)

Because I really hate collectibles and stuff like that. The rest is a piece of cake.

well, i have to admit they're pretty boring. i really doing be bothered doing them but i brought myself to do it. Please tell me what level you are on and I will tell you were to find the flowers. Thanks for the reaction!! I can't believe nobody has been stuck on that challenge where you have to kill it with a knife; i must have EPIC FAILED about 5 times, also that liars dice cost me about 200 dollars until i finally did it....

Edited by J99FISH

I don't think it is a glitch. But I do think that they all have to be from the same mode. So even though you may have 500 total in single player and multiplayer, I think you have to have 500 from ONE of the two they don't add up. So either do it in the one you like better Free Roam or SP.

No, they add up. I'm almost positive they do. Thats at least how i got my revolver one, i had like 450 kills or so in SP, and in MP around 50, and it worked perfectly for me.

No, they add up. I'm almost positive they do. Thats at least how i got my revolver one, i had like 450 kills or so in SP, and in MP around 50, and it worked perfectly for me.
really, SP and MP do NOT count together. e.g if you got 300 kills in SP and 200 in MP, you will not get the trophy.

Scrap 5 for Walton's Gang Outfit.. defend residents in Cholla Springs from Walton's Gang.

I'm having problems with this. I've tracked the scrap and I've been riding round Armadillo/Cholla Springs for about half an hour, but nothing's happened.

Will I know when they appear and how do I get them to appear?

really, SP and MP do NOT count together. e.g if you got 300 kills in SP and 200 in MP, you will not get the trophy.

Weird, it says it does and it definitely did for me. I mean i kid you not, i had a combined not even 450 in SP, and around 50 or so in MP and i got it. Hell i still dont even have 500 pistol kills in single player, i'm still sitting at around 480 combined from all the revolvers and pistols cuz i only use repeaters in the game.

Scrap 5 for Walton's Gang Outfit.. defend residents in Cholla Springs from Walton's Gang.

I'm having problems with this. I've tracked the scrap and I've been riding round Armadillo/Cholla Springs for about half an hour, but nothing's happened.

Will I know when they appear and how do I get them to appear?

As far as I know, you don't need to complete this outfit for the 100%. You only need to complete the following outfits:

[spoiler=3]1. Elegant Suit

2. Rancher

3. Poncho

4. Bollard Twins

5. Treasure Hunters

6. Bandito

7. Reyes' Rebels

8. U.S. Army

9. U.S. Marshall

But to answear your question. Here's a method of how you get this scrap:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MumQUq-Hrsk]YouTube - RDR - Walton's Gang Outfit - Scrap 5 - Defend From Walton's Gang[/ame]

Good luck. ;)