What is the best way to get XP online?

Dan Allen

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind the non-GOTY exploit is only useful if you're under level 40. Otherwise you're better off just persevering.

Personally I had a lot of trouble getting the exploit to work with my non-GOTY edition. I kept getting network errors and forced disconnects even though I had my internet connection disabled. Couldn't work out why, but in the end it was slower than doing it legit, so I'm doing it the hard way.

If you do opt for legit, I personally find Pike's Basin a good run. You can complete it in about 6-7 minutes and you'll nab 1900XP. Having the Bolt Action Rifle (either from the Tumbleweed barn or in your inventory once you hit 40) makes this much easier.

Some people like doing Twin Rocks, but personally I found it slower and it also felt much more grindy.

Either way, even if you do the exploit trick, you're still looking at an 8-hour grind. Get yourself some podcasts.

• 2 weeks later...

just don't sign in to psn and load RDR, then go to single player, then press start, go to multiplayer menu and select LAN. Then start playing.

EDIT. This way I get ~3850 xp per run doing Pike's Basin Hideout. Otherwise I would only get ~1900 xp.

Edited by vrealFox

• 1 month later...
just don't sign in to psn and load RDR, then go to single player, then press start, go to multiplayer menu and select LAN. Then start playing.

EDIT. This way I get ~3850 xp per run doing Pike's Basin Hideout. Otherwise I would only get ~1900 xp.

I can confirm that this works fine. I haven't played Red Dead in ages but ps store games suck this month and I though finishing some onl games and tried this method and although I've lost a lot of time and died 4 times I got 3800XP :applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...