• 11-15 Hours
    • 16-20 Hours
    • 21-25 Hours
    • 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

Estimated Time to Plat/100% Length: ????

• Visit the Platinum Club for this game.
  • Visit the Collected Estimated Time Ratings thread.

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the Plat or 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the Plat or 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.
Edited by Viper

The campaign is not overwhelmingly long but it'll chew up a fair amount of your time. The online will have you pulling your hair out, no matter what state the servers are in. Either you'll have to grind your life away to achieve the top rank of level 50 or you'll experience the glitchiest mess of your life. For me it was about 45-50 hours for just the plat.

51-75 Hours

The campaign isn't all that bad, can be finished within 30-40 hours or so. The multiplayer takes an additional 15-20 hours to earn all of the trophies though. Since the latest patch, I'll assume that getting 100% might take more time to complete since you can't track your progress anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Difficulty 5

Estimated time 50-60h

Singleplayer

SP took about 35h overall (Undead DLC +8h).

The story is fun at first. However, I did not like all the dull tasks and mini-jobs, all the hunting and flower collecting that was needed for 100% !

It is really annoying that some animals or events only spawn very randomly and only at certain times. I used the RDR Wiki non-stop and the whole process of getting 100% was really boring - way worse than GTA.

Multiplayer

The Online MP part is even more stupid and took about 15-20h. (DLC another 5-10h)

The most frustrating thing is to reach level 50 - who at Rockstar thought playing the same hideout 600 times was a cool idea for a trophy? Seriously?

No, all the XP Glitching Lobbies have disappeared and nowadays with all patches you get 33,3% XP - so dumb!

Also: You need to be in a 8 player gang-lobby, and for DLC you have to kill 8 different enemies in 1 life and play poker with a squad of 6...

Here is the fastest way to get XP in RDR:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

To 100% the game I voted 76-100 hours.

My breakdown from the in-game time counter:

Red Dead Redemption base game SP - 25 hours.

Undead Nightmare DLC SP - 10 Hours.

All online: MP + all other DLC - (cheat-free) 52 hours.

= 87 hours.

If I had just gone for the platinum and IF the xp cheat was still active id of been finished in under 30 hours.

All the chunk of my time was spent redoing the pikes basein hideout over and over and over again for the XP for the lv50 trophy.

God it seemed to never end!

Edited by esstee11

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...