XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #41
aliveatnight

Hmm still nothing and its always showing no one online either...

Edit:Soon as I type that someone shows up lol
Edit 2:Seems like it's working now!

My Gaming Blog / My Platinums

Last edited by aliveatnight; 01-09-2014 at 07:25 PM.
aliveatnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #42
Metdevil

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   Bright Idea!   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

A huge problem with this glitch is how easy it is to do. I did it accidently the other night before coming on here to see what the hell was going on. I didn't shoot the guy either, I just ran him over on my horse then my screen went all blurry. I thought something was wrong so turned back and shot him and then my screen went nuts and then the trophy for 500 kills with a pistol popped

If R* does do something about this exploit, I hope that they take into consideration how easy it is to do it without even noticing. I don't mind doing long grinds for trophies (note: WKC 1&2 plats ), so I'm a little embarrassed that I took advantage of it though it has made me want to go for Posse Up now, and ultimately, the platinum that I've been putting off since 2011

. . . .
Metdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #43
harryisonfire
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
A huge problem with this glitch is how easy it is to do. I did it accidently the other night before coming on here to see what the hell was going on. I didn't shoot the guy either, I just ran him over on my horse then my screen went all blurry. I thought something was wrong so turned back and shot him and then my screen went nuts and then the trophy for 500 kills with a pistol popped

If R* does do something about this exploit, I hope that they take into consideration how easy it is to do it without even noticing. I don't mind doing long grinds for trophies (note: WKC 1&2 plats ), so I'm a little embarrassed that I took advantage of it though it has made me want to go for Posse Up now, and ultimately, the platinum that I've been putting off since 2011
Same here, discovered it by accident. Nearly every server I've been in since has just been full of players doing the glitch. Kind of sucks when you think about it.

Last edited by harryisonfire; 01-09-2014 at 08:00 PM.
harryisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #44
ThumbsOfSteel74

You know...it occurs to me that if they ever start monitoring public free roams, it won't be that hard to spot glitchers. I wouldn't want to see innocent parties (like those who posted above me with accidental discoveries) caught up in it, but how can anyone say they didn't know after being seen sitting in a stall with a score well over 100k and rapidly climbing?

Not that it matters much, but I leveled up to around 96-97 (Legendary + 46-47 levels) legitimately 2-3 years ago. Then I topped myself up to Zebra Donkey status (level 250) in a few hours last week using the glitch.

While I still have no moral objection to using this glitch, I'll agree it has rendered the online useless for anything besides boosting. People who just want to play the game, and don't care about trophies or glitching are completely screwed right now. I really do hope there's a fix for this. The game was glitchy enough before this happened, but level 50 was obtainable (however grindy it may be) and everything else was better for trophy hunters and regular players alike.

No blank friend requests, please. Put something (e.g. name of game) in the message box!
ThumbsOfSteel74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #45
swotam

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
Nearly every server I've been in since has just been full of players doing the glitch. Kind of sucks when you think about it.
Probably because the servers are so messed up at the moment that you can't really do much else....

-= Signature by RED_REBEL44 =-

-= PSN ID: swotam | TZ: EDT/GMT-4 | PSNP | PSNTL | Destiny =-

Proudest Platinum: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Latest Platinum: Metro: Last Light | Latest PSN 100%: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
In Progress: Destiny, Hitman: Absolution, Lego Marvel (Vita), Infamous: Second Son
No Blank Friend Requests Please
swotam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #46
Metdevil

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   Bright Idea!   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumbsOfSteel74 View Post
People who just want to play the game, and don't care about trophies or glitching are completely screwed right now. I really do hope there's a fix for this.
Honestly, I think that a good 90% of players who played this game for the fun of it have left the game long before the glitch was discovered. This game, online, has been a trophy booster's playground for the last 6 months at least.
Why do I think that? Because of this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumbsOfSteel74 View Post
The game was glitchy enough before this happened
RDR used to have a huge online following, but then out of nowhere it was riddled with glitches. Suddenly, RDR's online gameplay is completely shot and there are newer, easier games to navigate than RDR that players have moved on to.

Of course, there'd still be the true fans of the game playing online, but my guess is that they'd be so sick of the boosters and mindless grinders that they'd stick to their own exclusive groups, kicking anyone at the first sign of boosting (or being kicked by the boosters).

. . . .

Last edited by Metdevil; 01-09-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #47
aliveatnight

I honestly had every intention of grinding for this trophy. Those kinda happened outta nowhere. And while yes, it was useful I do reallly wish I could have played back when it was functional. Its a really great game.

My Gaming Blog / My Platinums
aliveatnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #48
Figma

Send a message via Skype™ to Figma

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   5,000 Posts   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   SOTM Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

This is awesome since i was stuck on lvl30 but now im almost done also makes easy the:
Put the Posse on a Pedestal
Attain over 50,000 posse points in a single Free Roam session
Old 01-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #49

Yeah this glitch has definitely brought the multiplayer to an even lower status because of this glitch, but it does make it easier for trophies, which is also a plus. The only people I see when going online are rank 50 legend 4 (250) or level 1s, so while there might be a pretty active community, it seems like most of them aren't completely object to this. It is very similar to GTA Online, there is a hacker in almost every lobby in impossible levels, but they still play it for fun all the same.

Realistically, while there are exceptions, I don't think anyone really wants to grind hideouts over and over just to get a zebra mount, It seems kind of like a dumb award just to show your status that people want to get. When multiplayer is hacked people take advantage of it, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but possibly just a sign to R* that if they want people to play their multiplayer in a certain way, they should make sure it isn't broke so people can't take advantage of it.
Anyways just my thoughts

And PS, nice to see other people's ideas on this glitched and broken multiplayer

Trophy Cards in Spoiler
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by 2555555555; 01-09-2014 at 11:37 PM.
2555555555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #50
Metdevil

Not only can R* reset your stats, but you could get banned from SEN...

Quote:
Banning explanations

Below are some common offenses which could result in a Sony Entertainment Network account or system to be banned. You may be banned for other reasons not listed below.

Exploiting a Game Glitch
Exploiting any issue/environment, not intended to be accessible, to give oneself an unfair advantage in online play
Source: https://support.us.playstation.com/a...tail/a_id/1260

Hopefully they'll understand that I didn't mean to do it

. . . .