Things I Wish I Known...

Azgard12

So this thread is meant to be a collection of lessons learned (in some cases too late) about this game.

1) There is no reason not to start playing this game on HARD mode. It'll be hard. BUT, if you download the free DLC, play smart, and maybe grind just a bit, you'll be absolutely fine.

2) You don't have to finish certain titles on certain continents/within that generation. You can revisit old areas later with fast travel.

3) The whole "turn" thing is mostly meaningless. Turns are supposed to be battles, but they often aren't. Even revisiting old "quest" locations doesn't seem to use up turns for me.

4) So, each generation there will be a number of characters who join you. You'll have the main character and three women who he can marry. Those four characters will not continue on in the game with you, but the result of a mix between your previous main character and the bride he chooses will. So, in short, value the supporting cast. Level them.

5) When moving around, line your characters up so they have the link between them. If you need to kill something fast, do so on the first character's action, using R1 to link as many abilities as possible.

6) Always carry Fragment of Life and get some people learned in Resurrection. It'll save you money over visiting First Aid.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In the PSN version at least, grinding in Quest areas doesn't increase the turn count, only grinding on the battle tiles on the World Map.

Also, wish I knew how many awesome +Attack/Magic items or just equipment you can get from catching/combining monsters! I would have been catching every damn thing haha, capture capture capture! is my advice.

And yes the game can be platinum'd in one playthrough, start on hard, and I'm not 100% on if I can link other pages here, so just google "Agarest War True End Guide" and the Agarest Wiki has a guide on how to achieve it all on one playthrough. Just be prepared for what I like to call Dragonball Z battles haha. Basically charging up your SP for a million turns, much like watching them charge up a spirit bomb for 2 weeks before we get to see them unleash it. ;)