Need help with Hard Summerill!

I can't seem to get him, I can get one of the Gurgs down and then Summerill just 1 hits me with Death every turn and I have to constantly regroup until he hits everyone... My party build is

Rex:

Lvl 88, Lannguth Sword, Core Element, Suzaku's Ring

8 +130Atk

5601 Atk

2747 Def

1480 Mag

975 Rst

407 Hit

149 Avd

42283 HP

Borgnine:

Lvl 93, Genbu's Gauntlet, Extra Frame, Mighty Ring

8 +130 Atk

3477 Atk

1729 Def

939 Mag

635 Rst

290 Hit

65 Avd

33851 HP

Well, that's the jist of my party... the rest of my character's are Winfield, Ellis, Vira-Lorr and Zerva all over level 90. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
try using Revive skill, move one player up keep the rest in back hope it helps

Basicaly its what he said, you gota keep in mind that Sumeril is a 4x4 enemy, if you give him no opening he wont have where to move. Keeping someone up near him as bait will pretty much guarantee him and the Gurgs will focus this guy and leave the rest of your party alone.

Once you have controll of the batlefield its just a matter of acumulating SP and unleashing a killer combo on Sumeril, try to set up your positioning in a way you dont break the chain linking once you revive the bait, you can probably make this work even if you do a 5 character chain considering you have like 200 SP and use a decent amount of Axel Raves to get a high enought hit count skyrocketing your damage.

Only problem is if a Gurg decide to break awhay from theyre chain and start wreacking havock on your team, its normaly a good idea to take down the Gurgs first but dont over comit to your attack or youll end up grouping everybody in front of the boss and get killed. Its generaly better to act after the enemys, you resurect the dead cure the status ailments and unleash a combo large enought to kill 1 Gurg, them you reposition everybody on the move phase and keep your team safe. In some ocasions youll whant to act first so its good to have at least 1 character with high enought Agi to have the option of going before the enemys (specialy on the Boundary Plane).

Once you get the hang of this startegy you can pretty much kill any enemy regardless of level diference, my first kill of one of the lv 350 Gods was when I was lv 102 or so and troughout the whole Bondary plane I never grinded once, fought lv 999 Chaos when I was like lv 700 (to tell you the truth I was more or less alwhays 200 levels bellow the bosses).

Hope my wall of text helpped...

Edited by Bahamut

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Basicaly its what he said, you gota keep in mind that Sumeril is a 4x4 enemy, if you give him no opening he wont have where to move. Keeping someone up near him as bait will pretty much guarantee him and the Gurgs will focus this guy and leave the rest of your party alone.

Once you have controll of the batlefield its just a matter of acumulating SP and unleashing a killer combo on Sumeril, try to set up your positioning in a way you dont break the chain linking once you revive the bait, you can probably make this work even if you do a 5 character chain considering you have like 200 SP and use a decent amount of Axel Raves to get a high enought hit count skyrocketing your damage.

Only problem is if a Gurg decide to break awhay from theyre chain and start wreacking havock on your team, its normaly a good idea to take down the Gurgs first but dont over comit to your attack or youll end up grouping everybody in front of the boss and get killed. Its generaly better to act after the enemys, you resurect the dead cure the status ailments and unleash a combo large enought to kill 1 Gurg, them you reposition everybody on the move phase and keep your team safe. In some ocasions youll whant to act first so its good to have at least 1 character with high enought Agi to have the option of going before the enemys (specialy on the Boundary Plane).

Once you get the hang of this startegy you can pretty much kill any enemy regardless of level diference, my first kill of one of the lv 350 Gods was when I was lv 102 or so and troughout the whole Bondary plane I never grinded once, fought lv 999 Chaos when I was like lv 700 (to tell you the truth I was more or less alwhays 200 levels bellow the bosses).

Hope my wall of text helpped...

Never read any guides, but I've done the exact same thing as what Bahamut stated plus a few more.

I have Leonhardt as the core of my team, link everyone with him to maximize the AP, and put Duran 3/4 tiles in front of him.

As Leonhardt is my strongest character(12000ATK/lvl108), I waste everyone's AP on him using Advanced Heal/Gospel/Prayer to get his SP to the maximum 500, with the exception of Ellis who keeps resurrecting Duran. Then I keep attacking the boss only with Leo to soften him/her up a bit and gain more SP on the process. Once Leo has 500SP, everyone else is somwhere between 250-320SP. I unleash 2-3 character's ultimate move and then use all of Leonhardt's ultimate moves(his Genius willpower reduces the amount of AP you spend for moves after you hit 150SP) to kill him, then use all of the remaining AP to overkill the boss. This way, not only do you EASILY kill and overkill the boss, you also maximize your XP and EP gain by dealing the killing blow with Leonhardt. It takes no more than 7-8 turns(8 turns it you want to be certain about the overkill). And I'm talking about the 5 gods who are at lvl300, not Summerill. He can be killed in 3 turns. You have the DLC so it won't be ANY different. And I haven't even spent a single DLC PP on any of my chars(6000PP unspent)

Few tips:

1. This is the most important: Use Leonhardt as the core of your team. Link everyone with his extended field to maximize everyone's AP. Almost no normal battle goes beyond 3 turns with this(on Hard.)

2. "Fundamental" field works best when you have Leo as #1 character in your party.

3. Use Sword of Chaos(S.O.C.) on your main character instead of Langguth. It has better skills and doesn't use Light attacks. Many enemies absorb light attack so your main character would be useless.

4. Use only ATK+???/MAG+??? items for your party. The rest are pretty much useless. The only character I have something else than those is "MOV+3" for Ellis to get her behind Leo.

5. If you have time and enough turns to spare, go and grind some ATK+999/MAG+999 items. I had 2 of them prior to fighting Summerill. Or if you want, you can get ATK+750 without any grind. Get Halper Scythe from Adventurer's guild(2500TP) and convert it(64654 EP) to get ATK+750.

5. ATK+130 is quite pathetic at Gen 5. By now, your shop should have Crusher which would convert to ATK+330. Crusher is the best ATK+ item that gets registered to the shop, so it's useful before being able to grind the +999 items.

To get access to creating Crusher, you need "Accessories 1-II" and that is a prize for getting Title #124, Semi-Rich(have over 200K Gold.) It's ridiculously easy to get.

Once you get the title, you need Sledge Hammer and Power Stone to create it. To get Power Stone, you have to kill or Overkill Gigantes.

Here's the locations to find Gigantes: Gigantes - Agarest Wiki

Once you have the ingredients, create Crusher once and then buy as many as you need from the shop later.

7. Remember using the Proof of Valor for all your main characters to Class up!

When fighting Gurgs/Summerrill:

Always attack the Gurgs with lower HP(Magic users) first. The melee Gurgs have the "Parry" willpower and will block all but absolute hit attacks once they have less than 25% HP.

Once you've killed the Magic using Gurgs, you've accumulated a bit of SP to finish the melee gurgs with your extra skills which are absolute hits.

Edited by SabishiiRyuu