Rate the trophy difficulty...  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.50

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

Voted a 10, because simply even on easy mode your characters die in 1 hit from a boss, the enemies are extremely powerful and in order for you to grind you lose the ability to get the perfect ending meaning you have to play through at least twice.

The game requires you to complete everything, make everything, capture almost everything, collect everything (items and equipment)

Simply this game will take at least 100 hours or more, and several plays if you miss anything such as kill x many of these mobs because you forgot to check your title and missed the requirement and moved to far in the story.

to put it simply title 142: Lord of Agarest "Do it all"

Voted a 10, because simply even on easy mode your characters die in 1 hit from a boss, the enemies are extremely powerful and in order for you to grind you lose the ability to get the perfect ending meaning you have to play through at least twice.

The game requires you to complete everything, make everything, capture almost everything, collect everything (items and equipment)

Simply this game will take at least 100 hours or more, and several plays if you miss anything such as kill x many of these mobs because you forgot to check your title and missed the requirement and moved to far in the story.

to put it simply title 142: Lord of Agarest "Do it all"

Too bad you have to play it on hard in order to collect some of the titles

This definitely is not a 10. Time consuming =/= difficult. I would complete it once in hard normally so you can grind if you need to, and then use your new game + to go for the true ending.

Edited by Seishuun

You have to play a minimum of 3 times for the platinum. Some events gives you a different CG depending on the girl you choose in the event, like the one you are naked with a girl in the cave in gen 2. Unfortunately, that event has 3 CGs, 1 with each girl and only one can be obtained in a playthrough.

The wiki with the perfect ending path is wrong, you can't get 100% in one playthrough, even on hard. Obviously, that perfect path guide to get 100% was made with the normal version. Those CG appear in the Reappearance version, which is what the NA version is based on.

Edited by Giga_Gaia

You have to play a minimum of 3 times for the platinum. Some events gives you a different CG depending on the girl you choose in the event.

Its possible to do get all three girls trophies in one save. You save before you pick one and then reload your game and then pick another. Although, this method is possible, its better to just pick one girl and raise her affinity to its highest rather than trying to balance all three for the trophies. And if you start on hard, then its possible to platinum it on one play through, although many of the titles will be difficult with a short amount of time needed for the true ending.

This definitely is not a 10. Time consuming =/= difficult. I would complete it once in hard normally so you can grind if you need to, and then use your new game + to go for the true ending.

I just don't agree with this. A while back, it seemed to be the norm to exclude extreme time consumption and dedication when it came to difficulty, but that's just a personal standpoint and in no way a true indication of difficulty.

I, for one, find a 300-500 hour platinum extremely difficult. Something that takes 500 hours of dedication is very hard for me, as I am somewhat pressed for time. Not to mention, bringing up the motivation can be very difficult, and simply sticking with something for so long can definitely be considered hard.

The 10 votes for this sound very reasonable. Cross Edge was a 9 in my eyes, as it was a very difficult platinum for me to obtain. Not skill wise, per se, but dedication and consumption wise. Star Ocean IV is nothing short of a 10 either.

Its possible to do get all three girls trophies in one save. You save before you pick one and then reload your game and then pick another. Although, this method is possible, its better to just pick one girl and raise her affinity to its highest rather than trying to balance all three for the trophies. And if you start on hard, then its possible to platinum it on one play through, although many of the titles will be difficult with a short amount of time needed for the true ending.

What you're talking about is marriages, Giga is talking about a specific event that occurs during the playthrough on the world map which requires choosing a girl and getting stuck in a cave with her. Pick a girl > get her CG. Can only pick 1 per game.

Also titles can be done after you get the true ending on hard since there's still plenty of endgame afterwards.

Right now I'd give this game a 7, but it could change so I'm not gonna vote yet.

Edited by x9248

I have not voted yet, but to clarify on the CGs that you unlock, it should be possible to get them all in one playthrough. There are Secret Albums you can find (mostly from Titles), that unlock the artwork.

I have marriage images and such from charactes I didn't marry on my run, for example.

Yea man it is possible, I cleared it up in another thread here. It really came down to just 3 specific CG's, we originally thought you could only get 1 per playthrough but that's not true anymore as I unlocked them a couple days ago.

Considering this and that it cuts playtime down to 100 hours rather than 300 I'd have to lower my rating from 7 to 4. The trophies themselves are easy, but 100 hours is still somewhat time consuming.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I have over 100 hours already, but since the game doesn't keep track of time (that I'm aware of), I have no idea how much time I spent. I did get the Plat in Cross Edge, so I'm well aware that the systhesis is going to be a bitch :(

Of course, if your on Hard and did the True Ending, you should be able to do some shortcuts with synthesis since the bosses in the Boundary Plane should have some of the higher tier weapons to steal/drop (more bosses accessible in Hard after the regular ones, and they're much more powerful (LV650-999)).

I myself started on Hard, so when I go and do a NG+, I can begin on Hard with everything intact :D Then I can autobattle my way through the game while the computer rapes everything for me XD Plus, gotta have that challenge the first time through.

Edited by Eternal_Spoon

• 1 month later...
i gave it a 5 . since aside for the massive amount of grinding for all the items and titles.. the game itself isnt hard.

You give it a 5 and say it's not hard and yet you don't even have the platinum in this game...

Anyway, I give this game a solid 8 if you downloaded the DLCs, and a 10 if you play without it. ffs HARD mode is extremely hard and even with the super items from PS Store you can easily get a game over. I'm at Generation 4 now, and the bosses are really tough, sometimes I get consecutive game overs even though my characters are all "boosted" with the best items and the bonus PP I bought from PS Store! I can't imagine how hard would it be without the DLCs.... The Titular trophy will be another pain in the ass as I see. VERY HARD PLATINUM for sure!

• 1 month later...

I got the platinum for this game, a while back, but never really rated it. I would rate it a 6. It's really time consuming, but the game itself is not hard to learn. I stopped playing the game, for about a month, then got back into it, then got the platinum in about 2 weeks of playing.

If you start early, and EX steal EVERY boss possible, you will attain the weapons quicker that way. I also wasted alot of hours of gathering extra items for alchemy, thinking you needed to have every single weapon in your inventory, but I was wrong.

Overall, this game was really fun.

I don't have the platinum yet, I will soon, but without DLC this game is definitely a 10. With DLC maybe a 9. And trust me I've had a fair share of hard platinums. I know this is a 10 for sure without DLC.

The amount of grind aside, once you're out of generation 1 mid way through generation 2, the learning curve shoots straight up. The enemies have more damage than you, more hp than you, and out numbers you. Once no strategy works, time to go back to grinding and trying again later with better items and higher levels.

If ff13 can get a 6.5 (lol) then this game should've been a 10.5.

With that said, the DLC really helped me out, saved bunch of grinding time.

At least the game is fun, with a good story.. right?

btw if you dont mind me asking, what DLC are you talking about? Free or the DLC that costs money? I would like to know since I might start playing this game again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree that it looks like cross edge (trophy wise), loved that game but the trophies really pissed me off not because they're hard but because I don't want to go around collecting stuff to then combine them to make new stuff and realize that you need more of that stuff you collected, to spend hundreds of hours doing this with hundred of items..... I do want to get the game but probably won't be after those trophies, seriously true ending? deja vu.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with Aidan. I do not have a ton of time to spend but I found the game very difficult to Platinum. I gave it a 9 out of 10 on difficulty. The only game I have played that I think is harder is Star Ocean: Last Hope International since I still do not have a Platinum. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Record of Agarest War platinum difficulty- 8

This game is hard, even when things start getting "easy". There is no "easy" in this game, it takes dedication and patience and without that there is no platinum, more so if the game is boring and/or has a very weak storyline. I found this game mildly enjoyable and getting the platinum was more fun than I thought it'd be. But the storyline on the other hand was boring as fuck and just about halfway through the first generation I found myself skipping everything. *sigh*.. All done.

• 2 weeks later...

Votted an 8

First of all the plat takes long, realy long. The guide says 100-150 hours if Im not mistaken but Im pretty sure I took over 200 hours already and Im still at leas 5 hours from my plat, and I went for the 1 playtrought mode.

The game isnt as hard as I expected, its not an easy game but if you take your time and think your moves carefully youll do fine.

Overall a very worthy platinum, Im gona be extremely pleased with myself once my plat pops.

• 2 weeks later...