Nitro! the hardest trophy in the game?

groo

I've got every single trophy except Nitro... Managed to get 15 speed trophies and got the Silver Turbo trophy. Extremely stuck now, can't see any way to shave off 10 seconds from levels like Wind or Lose and Crazy Bouncing. I've looked at time trial videos but everyone only just about makes it and is usually more sloppy than me but somehow just get there faster.

Did anyone else find this trophy to be the most difficult? At least with the Land of The Livid Dead one it seemed achievable in sections.

Edited by groo

I had a lot of difficulty (took about ~30 minutes per) in the last two stages. Those were tough.

But like the others, they all had a rhythm so to speak. The developers were pro at making levels - that is one of the strong points of this game. From what I remember, every level had a way that you could smoothly run, jump, and slide without taking a hit and passing each part quickly.

I recommend you do that.

Start the trial, but take it slow, find some patterns, and give yourself a target time to pass each section. Take it slow the first couple of tries, than do your speed run.

Plus, if you aren't aware, a good way to boost speed, is run + square to gain speed, than at the height of the velocity, hold down DOWN to do a tummy slide. Those slides are the best!

Good luck soldier. :cool:

Golly G Golem and On Top of Old Smokey were the hardest ones for me. I've now finally finished after swearing a lot, and I never swear :applause:

That's good advice, and love the Noodle avatar :3

Edited by groo

• 3 weeks later...
I had a lot of difficulty (took about ~30 minutes per) in the last two stages. Those were tough.

But like the others, they all had a rhythm so to speak. The developers were pro at making levels - that is one of the strong points of this game. From what I remember, every level had a way that you could smoothly run, jump, and slide without taking a hit and passing each part quickly.

I recommend you do that.

Start the trial, but take it slow, find some patterns, and give yourself a target time to pass each section. Take it slow the first couple of tries, than do your speed run.

Plus, if you aren't aware, a good way to boost speed, is run + square to gain speed, than at the height of the velocity, hold down DOWN to do a tummy slide. Those slides are the best!

Good luck soldier. :cool:

Yup, the fact that every level is made with speedrun in mind, and not added on after designing the levels, made the speedruns very easy. In fact, I had the most trouble on the earlier levels, because they give you so little extra time. In the later levels it happened often I finished with 10-30 seconds to go... o.o' While on especially one of the coast levels I had problem with a half second and stuff! lol I think I finished about 1/5 of them on first attempt or something.

Every time you get a bad start, just go ahead and die and you will respawn with that extra health. If you press reset you will lose it. Yeah, don't waste time on bad starts. Make sure you always have good speed. I honestly don't remember all the moves anymore, but in most cases they want you to do one of the movements. Very rarely the chopper jump, because that takes forever. The boost jump mentioned in the post above me is also very good to do right before jumps for a very long and fast jump! :)

I thought speed running the levels was the most fun. The rest was way too easy. The secret cages were way too easy to find, and collecting enough points was always easy but very time consuming. Speed run + extra last world was the best! :D

Edited by MMDE

• 3 months later...

Just playing this for the last couple of days now and just started into the second world. The time trials in the first world were quite attainable, but Crazy Bouncing almost had me pulling my hair out. Eventually I got it in exactly 1:08, just by trying and perfecting. It made me think back to the time trialed Titans in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Most times also had just 1 sec left. Luckily those were only three in total. The next level though was easy. Took me three tries to reach the end during the speedrun and got the speed trophy the first time I made it to the end of the level. I guess this trophy is gonna be the hardest, but that I can get this trophy.

Just playing this for the last couple of days now and just started into the second world. The time trials in the first world were quite attainable, but Crazy Bouncing almost had me pulling my hair out. Eventually I got it in exactly 1:08, just by trying and perfecting. It made me think back to the time trialed Titans in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Most times also had just 1 sec left. Luckily those were only three in total. The next level though was easy. Took me three tries to reach the end during the speedrun and got the speed trophy the first time I made it to the end of the level. I guess this trophy is gonna be the hardest, but that I can get this trophy.

Nope, the time trials are the hardest in the two first worlds. Especially second IIRC. You get so much extra time in the other worlds. I had like a half minute left on a 4 minute run more than once. They don't get longer than maybe one or two at around 5 minutes. They are usually not longer than 3 minutes. But just to say it again, the harder the level, the more extra time have they put in, and the more shortcuts you can take. Remember to attack jump (while running attack and then jump quickly afterwards), as that makes you jump further and it's faster.

Edited by MMDE

Nope, the time trials are the hardest in the two first worlds. Especially second IIRC. You get so much extra time in the other worlds. I had like a half minute left on a 4 minute run more than once. They don't get longer than maybe one or two at around 5 minutes. They are usually not longer than 3 minutes. But just to say it again, the harder the level, the more extra time have they put in, and the more shortcuts you can take. Remember to attack jump (while running attack and then jump quickly afterwards), as that makes you jump further and it's faster.

If the first two worlds are the hardest I'll be in for a breeze :)

If the first two worlds are the hardest I'll be in for a breeze :)

Best trick is to run through the level, so you learn it. Then you start it over again if you didn't beat the time already, and maybe you will want to have an extra life. If you die with the extra heart, you will respawn with the extra life, if you restart the time trial attempt you will not respawn with the extra life. Anyways, the extra life is rarely needed, and usually you will get one before you need it. After you've learned the level, you will want to run through it as well as you can. If you screw up major, then go ahead and die or restart the time trial to not waste time on finishing an attempt you will fail anyways. If you find any of the levels hard to speed run, just try to memorize where, when and how you jump. Most of the levels are just to run and (attack) jump through with ease. In any case, as I said before, the hardest levels gives you the most extra time. I can remember there being like 3 or 4 levels that wasn't very easy, but they weren't tricky either, just you had to try them a couple of times to learn what to do. If you have found it easy so far, it doesn't really get a lot harder. I think the hardest part about the game is getting 350 points at the two last bee levels, but that's not needed for the (P). The hardest thing you got to do for the (P) is probably the last treasure chest chase.

Edited by MMDE

Well, did Wind or Loose yesterday and it was a freaking piece of cake. I don't mind about the 350 lums as I'm only interested in trophy accomplishments, so when I hit 300 in a level I'm happy enough :) Learning by doing in the trials already was my tactic, so that will be all right. I really love those chest chases. Really challenges you to keep practicing, learning the level and keep on platforming accurately.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it this weekend (and the plat). Especially the last two levels were so DIFFICULT. Mecha Your Step was just practice and I felt I could only blame myself if I didn't make it, but I made it eventually with 10 secs on the clock. The one before that though, felt so unfair, with the flies, thunderstorm and other random shit which made me do it again and again. Eventually got it with one sec on the clock though :) And besides, Land of the Livid Dead was so much harder than any of the time trials (though much more fun and luckily lots of checkpoints :)

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly had way more trouble with the Nothing lasts Forever... trophy. Sure it was only one level instead of dozens, but it took me a full hour and a half of infuriating restart after infuriating restart (especially falling down those flaming columns) and I knew I would lose all my progress if I just quit. The time trials were so much more digestible and I felt like a badass when I completed a run. I just felt exhausted after the Livid Dead.

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree actually, Electoon Legend is harder. Simply because of Riding the Storm and Shoot for the Stars :mad:.

Most of the time trail trophies didn't really pose that much of a problem actually. If you can get Crazy Bouncing, On Top of Old Smokey and goddamn Dragon Soup done at Nitro speed, you'll probably be good to get the rest without much issue.

No way. The mosquito levels were the easiest and maybe even one of the funnest parts of the game (together with the chest chases). Might have to take 2 or 3 tries, but nowhere as hard as the last two time trials.

The two last ones were absolutely not the easiest one to get over 350 lums in, as I got around 400 and often a lot more in every other level on first attempt, except for those two last ones, where I ended up with around 330 every time I tried, and I tried like 10 times. The rest of the game was pretty easy (for me at least), but those parts, those were the hardest to get 350 lums in, but thankfully you only needed 300, and that was rather easy. You need to do certain combos and abuse the double lum time to the maximum to get over 400 in any of the levels, but you had to do the same in those mosquito levels too just to get 350, but the screen didn't move fast enough to make it possible for me, unless I did it all just perfect, and then I'm talking sucking in the right enemies, shoot them at the right places at the right times etc

Edited by MMDE

• 1 year later...

I have finished all the time trials in the first 5 worlds so far, without too much issue. The hardest one for me so far was World 3-1 I think it's called 'Port o Panic'. I had to try that one a ton of times, and ended up getting it with like 1 or 2 seconds left to spare.

I didn't have too much trouble with Golly G Golem. Judging from the comments here, I think I should be ok to finish the rest of them...

I kept trying and trying to get this after reading the thread earlier in the year, unfortunately I lost patience with it and gave up. So thinking of getting my nephew to do them as kids these days seem to have a knack of flying thru these time trial platformers, or is it that I'm getting too old for it! :think: