Are people not playing this?

Vltrscrpn

I was thinking the same thing the e3 demo looked fun and it got like a 9.5 review from ign, but checked hear and there was only like 12 threads for this game so I don't know what to think. But ppl on here have said its good I might just pick it up for xmas or wlamart if they will ever get it

Or are they too busy playing this and not on the forums?

I think it's pretty safe to say that this game is going to be a total bust as far as sales are concerned - in other words, I doubt people are too busy playing this game to be posting in the forums...It's been forever since a worthwhile Rayman game has been released, and it's not like he was ever the most popular character around; add to that the fact that I - as a fan of the previous games - would prefer a new "narrative" game rather than a "side" game...Also:

This is good old fashioned 2D platforming fun! The levels all look amazing.

Because this is a trophy site, I think it's safe to say that more than a few people might be put off by how hard a platinum this seems like it might be; I've played a bit of this on a friend's X-box, and the time trials are bloody hard! This game seems like it could be a real nightmare to platinum...

Plus if buying this game will help the guys make Beyond Good and Evil 2 is fine by me.

You've actually explained why this is an "I'll-get-it-if/when-I-get-around-to-it" purchase; like I already said, I'd prefer an "official" next installment in the series, so I was already less than fully keen; add to that the fact that I pretty much despise Ubisoft games in general and am, therefore, never more than lukewarm towards most of the things they publish...then add to that the fact that they're pulling a super lame stunt like this, and...colour me less-than-impressed. Publishers have been pulling a lot of this kind of threatening/bribing/publicity war/general stupidity BS lately, and it's starting to wear very thin to me: fund the games you want to publish and figure out a way of getting people interested in them; trying to bribe people into buying a game that has only a tangential (at best) relationship with another game is pretty low...

I strongly recommend anyone to get this game if you like platformers. I would probably go as far to say that it's likely 1 of my Top 5 games of this year that I've played thus far.

Also, I don't know if I would consider this just a minor or "side" game. It's very well flesh out for a New Super Mario Bros-esque platformer. Sure, there's no story really, but its fun as hell and pretty challenging if you're a completionist.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this game is going to be a total bust as far as sales are

I think you're right concerning trophy hunters, this game might be a pain in the ass (haven't played it myself yet, was only released today, think I'll pick it up after work) but overall, I don't think sales will be thát bad. This is the kind of game (relatively-) younger gamers would buy, or people like me, who have a gf that likes to play games but just isn't that good at it..

Not that I care, I mean I agree they shouldn't be pulling off those bribe tactics; "if you buy this, we might just..." but I never played Beyond Good & Evil so I guess I don't know what I'm missing..

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, for as far as trophy hunters' concerned, no, I don't think a lot of people are playing this game, but I'll sure as hell buy it, and hopefully be the first to submit a trophy guide! :dance:

I have picked up this game after reading the IGN review... I am truly impressed with the fluidity, complexity and graphical direction in this 2d platformer. It is challenging but not overly so. Indeed, its a busy period with Uncharted 3 (just platinumed this weekend), MW3, Battlefield 3, Batman...

this game is super fun. collecting everything is not a cake walk, nor should it be. some time trials are tough, too. as they should be. theyre required for the platinum, but guess what? thats why plats are impressive. u did all the hard stuff. if people are seriously waiting for a trophy guide before they play this, thats their problem.

this game is super fun. collecting everything is not a cake walk, nor should it be. some time trials are tough, too. as they should be. theyre required for the platinum, but guess what? thats why plats are impressive. u did all the hard stuff. if people are seriously waiting for a trophy guide before they play this, thats their problem.

Indeed, I'm loving this game and enjoying the challenge.

The whole game is a little bigger than I expected. I feel like I've been playing the game for a long time already, but I'm only 31% done as far as trophies go and only have 104 electoons(??) out of the 240+ or so. And only have 5 of the 10 skull teeth.

I do envision having some tough times getting the time trials done, have only attempted three of them early on and completed them, but they definitely weren't easy. I put the time trials aside as I've been playing the game co-op with my 4-year old son, he's not great and some times gets in the way, but he occasionally helps collect some lums for me :).

It's a little depressing to see this game get so overlooked among the rest of the releases recently released. It stands as one of my favorite games I've played this year along with Uncharted 3, Portal 2, and Deus Ex (still need to try Arkham City and Skyrim).

Edited by SamSanchez

I don't think sales will be thát bad. This is the kind of game (relatively-) younger gamers would buy, or people like me, who have a gf that likes to play games but just isn't that good at it..

I would agree with you on this...if it was, say, a Wii game, and the year was, say, 2008. I didn't say what I said about the sales as a shot at the game but precisely because the people you're talking about - "casual gamers" goes the expression - are simply unlikely ever to be aware of its existence: kids that might try the game would have to have someone buy it for them, and I'm pretty sure most kids over, say, the age of 11 are probably playing MW3, and anyone under a certain age would be relying on their parents' knowledge of the character in order to buy the game for them, and, like I said in my first post, it's been a long time since Rayman was particularly relevant; as for people like your girlfriend, well...most "casual gamers" are playing things like this - liberal use of the term "like this" - on their iPhones or whatever...Frankly, there just isn't much of a market for a game like this...

Add to that the game's very low profile in a season of very high-profile releases...Now add to that the fact that there's direct competition within this genre of game with the near-concurrent release of a new 3DS Mario game, and a lot of people that might have had some time for this game are instead playing their preferred platformer of choice...This game would probably sell better - but even then probably not extraordinarily well - as a downloadable title.

Anyways, I might be getting it a lot sooner than I was going to because of what a bust Uncharted 3's online is and how quickly I platinum'd Saints Row 3...I need to play something to help break up the tedium of working towards the Clash of the Titans platinum, and Rayman is very well-designed, has great controls (the two things that almost always matter most to me), and I'm already a fan, so...it fits the bill. Even so - and I could be wrong, and I hope I am (though definitely not for Ubisoft's sake) - I just can't see this game doing very well financially.

I'm going to assume this is somehow weirdly directed at me or my post seeing as how I'm the one that started talking about trophies; and the reason I said what I did about the trophies being hard is because it's pertinent to the TC's question about why there is no activity in the game's forum; I'm not put off by the game's trophies but other things (as already mentioned), and I doubt that there are too many people that are; but, having said that, it's a simple fact that there are a certain number of people here on this site that would be interested in the game as a "children's game"/easy platinum that would simply not bother with the game once they get a whiff of the fact that it's going to be neither of those things.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

I bought it but haven't started yet, same goes for House of the Dead: Overkill. I played a little bit of Rayman a few years back and a cool platformer is always a welcome addition to my collection. Seriously TC, people spending too much time in the forums instead of playing Rayman? I agree with Mitsuru yet again that as loveable as Rayman is, he was never that popular.

Of course I will play it... eventually or forget about it, we'll see. So many games so little time. I even put my MW3 and BF3 on hold because of Skyrim :whistle:

This game is superb! Just thought I should chime in to support a game that most likely will not get the number of sales it deserves. I really hope that people will ,if not now, eventually pick it up and give it a chance. You won't regret it!

That's all I have to say for now! :)

I'm with you, krau.

My wife gave this to me as a birthday gift. This is a perfect game for those who have hectic schedules or not too much time to game. It's a wonderful, visually striking world with characters as adorable as the game is challenging.

While I'm still working on the Super Stardust trophies (and THOSE ARE FRUSTRATING), this provided and calming outlet to bring my urges to throw my dualshock though my tv way down.

Even without that, it makes me smile and I have fun playing it. THATS what video games are about!

Are all PS3/360 owners just interested in shooters? The game is an awesome jump&run and should sell well on those consoles because there is no competition as far as jump&runs go. On Wii there are plenty other great jump&runs that one could pick up, but if you don't own a wii why the hell should you not get rayman origins?

This will be a game that people will pick up when the price drops. I've always enjoyed Rayman, although didn't play No 3 but when I was a kid I played the first over and over.

This is an amazing game and I'm really enjoying it. I also have MW3, Skyrim, Saints Row 3 and AC: Revelations on my shelf, but this is the only one being played at the moment.

This will be a game that people will pick up when the price drops. I've always enjoyed Rayman, although didn't play No 3 but when I was a kid I played the first over and over.

This is an amazing game and I'm really enjoying it. I also have MW3, Skyrim, Saints Row 3 and AC: Revelations on my shelf, but this is the only one being played at the moment.

Good choice! I'm kinda in the same boat in terms of having too many games to play. We've been quite 2D platform we deprive on the PS3 and this game does not disappoint!

already put 70+ hours into skyrim........and then the lag began........so no skyrim till patch, else I probably would've finished skyrim first before starting rayman.....now I'll probably have rayman done before the patch for skyrim gets out ^^

then there's also ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3 lying around here.

Edited by UnholyInfinity