XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #11
SamSanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowzagabowza View Post
this game is super fun. collecting everything is not a cake walk, nor should it be. some time trials are tough, too. as they should be. theyre required for the platinum, but guess what? thats why plats are impressive. u did all the hard stuff. if people are seriously waiting for a trophy guide before they play this, thats their problem.
Indeed, I'm loving this game and enjoying the challenge.

The whole game is a little bigger than I expected. I feel like I've been playing the game for a long time already, but I'm only 31% done as far as trophies go and only have 104 electoons(??) out of the 240+ or so. And only have 5 of the 10 skull teeth.

I do envision having some tough times getting the time trials done, have only attempted three of them early on and completed them, but they definitely weren't easy. I put the time trials aside as I've been playing the game co-op with my 4-year old son, he's not great and some times gets in the way, but he occasionally helps collect some lums for me .

It's a little depressing to see this game get so overlooked among the rest of the releases recently released. It stands as one of my favorite games I've played this year along with Uncharted 3, Portal 2, and Deus Ex (still need to try Arkham City and Skyrim).

Last edited by SamSanchez; 11-23-2011 at 07:18 AM.
SamSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #12
GatorShea

Now that I have finished off Saints Row 3 I will get started on this. I picked up both of these on the same day but had to play SR3 first.
GatorShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
Neme

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Get it now ^_^

Last edited by Neme; 11-23-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Neme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #14
Mitsuru Kirijo

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson1988 View Post
I don't think sales will be thát bad. This is the kind of game (relatively-) younger gamers would buy, or people like me, who have a gf that likes to play games but just isn't that good at it..
I would agree with you on this...if it was, say, a Wii game, and the year was, say, 2008. I didn't say what I said about the sales as a shot at the game but precisely because the people you're talking about - "casual gamers" goes the expression - are simply unlikely ever to be aware of its existence: kids that might try the game would have to have someone buy it for them, and I'm pretty sure most kids over, say, the age of 11 are probably playing MW3, and anyone under a certain age would be relying on their parents' knowledge of the character in order to buy the game for them, and, like I said in my first post, it's been a long time since Rayman was particularly relevant; as for people like your girlfriend, well...most "casual gamers" are playing things like this - liberal use of the term "like this" - on their iPhones or whatever...Frankly, there just isn't much of a market for a game like this...

Add to that the game's very low profile in a season of very high-profile releases...Now add to that the fact that there's direct competition within this genre of game with the near-concurrent release of a new 3DS Mario game, and a lot of people that might have had some time for this game are instead playing their preferred platformer of choice...This game would probably sell better - but even then probably not extraordinarily well - as a downloadable title.

Anyways, I might be getting it a lot sooner than I was going to because of what a bust Uncharted 3's online is and how quickly I platinum'd Saints Row 3...I need to play something to help break up the tedium of working towards the Clash of the Titans platinum, and Rayman is very well-designed, has great controls (the two things that almost always matter most to me), and I'm already a fan, so...it fits the bill. Even so - and I could be wrong, and I hope I am (though definitely not for Ubisoft's sake) - I just can't see this game doing very well financially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowzagabowza View Post
this game is super fun. collecting everything is not a cake walk, nor should it be. some time trials are tough, too. as they should be. theyre required for the platinum, but guess what? thats why plats are impressive. u did all the hard stuff. if people are seriously waiting for a trophy guide before they play this, thats their problem.

I'm going to assume this is somehow weirdly directed at me or my post seeing as how I'm the one that started talking about trophies; and the reason I said what I did about the trophies being hard is because it's pertinent to the TC's question about why there is no activity in the game's forum; I'm not put off by the game's trophies but other things (as already mentioned), and I doubt that there are too many people that are; but, having said that, it's a simple fact that there are a certain number of people here on this site that would be interested in the game as a "children's game"/easy platinum that would simply not bother with the game once they get a whiff of the fact that it's going to be neither of those things.

Message me here or via PSN if you want to work on the trophies for Clan of Champions

Last edited by Mitsuru Kirijo; 11-24-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Mitsuru Kirijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #15
punch37

this game is super fun i picked it up the day is came out haven't been able to put it down since which is saying something because i picked up a bunch of new games but this is the only one thats getting played atm
punch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:44 AM   #16
R353ARCH D35TROY

Looks like a really great platformer... a serious rarity to find one with a platinum and a disc these days!!!

...it's really hard to squeeze something like this in between things like Skyrim, BF3, and MW3...

Thanks for letting us know it's worth checking out, though.

| Gamercards: 1 2 3 |
| Now Playing: Demon's Souls |

R353ARCH D35TROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #17
EtherealSkye

I bought it but haven't started yet, same goes for House of the Dead: Overkill. I played a little bit of Rayman a few years back and a cool platformer is always a welcome addition to my collection. Seriously TC, people spending too much time in the forums instead of playing Rayman? I agree with Mitsuru yet again that as loveable as Rayman is, he was never that popular.

Of course I will play it... eventually or forget about it, we'll see. So many games so little time. I even put my MW3 and BF3 on hold because of Skyrim

"The smaller the mind, the greater the conceit." - Aesop
EtherealSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:49 AM   #18
Krau87

This game is superb! Just thought I should chime in to support a game that most likely will not get the number of sales it deserves. I really hope that people will ,if not now, eventually pick it up and give it a chance. You won't regret it!

That's all I have to say for now!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:03 AM   #19
Infinite Rewind

I'm with you, krau.

My wife gave this to me as a birthday gift. This is a perfect game for those who have hectic schedules or not too much time to game. It's a wonderful, visually striking world with characters as adorable as the game is challenging.

While I'm still working on the Super Stardust trophies (and THOSE ARE FRUSTRATING), this provided and calming outlet to bring my urges to throw my dualshock though my tv way down.

Even without that, it makes me smile and I have fun playing it. THATS what video games are about!
Infinite Rewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #20
UnholyInfinity

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Are all PS3/360 owners just interested in shooters? The game is an awesome jump&run and should sell well on those consoles because there is no competition as far as jump&runs go. On Wii there are plenty other great jump&runs that one could pick up, but if you don't own a wii why the hell should you not get rayman origins?

UnholyInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote