Rate the trophy difficulty...  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.93

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished it and wow, what an adrenaline rush the secret stage was! Some of the speed runs were pretty frantic too when you rushed through them!

Anyways, like I said earlier, this game deserves something around 6... once you get good at moving around, it's not that hard to get the platinum.

To anyone that has the platinum on this game, do you have to collect all of the yellow ribbons, the ones you get for getting ALL of the yellow thingies in a level? or as long as you get enough to get the 2 you need to fill the medallion that will be enough?

To anyone that has the platinum on this game, do you have to collect all of the yellow ribbons, the ones you get for getting ALL of the yellow thingies in a level? or as long as you get enough to get the 2 you need to fill the medallion that will be enough?

You don't need to get the "yellow ribbons" for the platinum... it would be a freaking pain on some stages otherwise :p

Yeah I am half way done. I am going to say it's at least a 7. A few levels may cause huge pain for the speed runs. Now my rating may go up if the second half of the levels are much more difficult..

The second half of the levels are DEFINITELY much more difficult. I'm on the last world, and I'm pretty happy I've been playing co-op most of the time with my nephew as it's awesome to have the safety net of another player to pop each other in case one of you dies without losing progress. Though it sometimes has its downfalls as my nephew isn't the greatest player and in some cases I have him die on purpose and stay in a bubble while I tackle some parts on my own, but it definitely comes in handy on some boss battles.

Edited by SamSanchez

The second half of the levels are DEFINITELY much more difficult. I'm on the last world, and I'm pretty happy I've been playing co-op most of the time with my nephew as it's awesome to have the safety net of another player to pop each other in case one of you dies without losing progress. Though it sometimes has its downfalls as my nephew isn't the greatest player and in some cases I have him die on purpose and stay in a bubble while I tackle some parts on my own, but it definitely comes in handy on some boss battles.

So if you play co-op things both player collect will count toward the total?

So if you play co-op things both player collect will count toward the total?

Yup. Plenty of times I ended up with 250+ lums myself, but my nephew collected the remaining amount to reach the 300+ mark and they both count towards the total.

It helps a lot of having more than one person if you want to strategize towards maximizing the lum king multiplier thing, or whatever they're called. A lot of times I'll get the Lum King and speed through and get as many lums as I can and have my nephew stick behind me and get any that I miss, both players lums multiply.

Got the platinum a few days ago. I rated it a 7. This game is very fun and challenging, however not overly difficult. The time trials and some treasure chases can be a pain, but once you figure the best way to speed through the levels, its really no problem. Overall a great game with beautiful graphics and sound. Definitley one of the best 2d platformers I have ever played. If anyone is on the fence on buying this game, don't hesitate. It's worth it!

I gave it a 6. I made sure to finish up each level before I moved on. That way the time trials didn't become too frustrating, as I had the levels fresh in my fingers/head. I did my fair share of dying though, no doubt. And the first time I went through each level, I really did take my time in order to collect as many lums as possible, so I didn't have to play through them three times each. But all in all, it was perfectly balanced, and I never wanted to throw my controller at the TV. :D

I gave it a 5/10. Some games require luck to get some trophies, some deal with lots of online stuff to get them but the trophies for these simply require you to play the game. Are some levels and situations difficult? Yes. But its a trial and error thing. You play and learn the outline of the levels and learn what to do and how to do it. Practice makes perfect and you need a lot of patience. There honestly wasnt 1 level where I thought 'Man this is going to be impossible.' It was always 'Okay I jumped too early, or too late, let me retry that.' So in that sense it was frustrating at times dying so much, but I had no real difficulty reaching the Platinum trophy.

Just got the platinum today and boy was it tough, definitly one of the hardest games I played. It wasn't just one trophy that was hard to get but there were several hard ones. I very easily could have died/retried more levels in this then any other game to accomplish some things. The time trials are tough but I also thought getting the 300 lums in the mosquito levels and some other levels were a real challenge and getting the Skull Teeth from those "races" was also difficult. Plus the Night of the Livid Dead level was unforgivingly tough. I even thought the second to last main level was hard to finish. But man gietting this platinum felt great and I really felt a sense of accomplishment more so then any other game. I rated it an 8 but easily could have voted a 9. I must say though this game is amazing and one of my favorite PS3 games so far.

Just got the plat. Gave it a 6. Not that hard. Time Trials are not that complicated, only the two last ones gave me hard time. Others just need two o three tries to be completed, the time limit is really a little big for some levels. Finding 300 lums was never a problem. Finally, the hardest things was the hidden level. But what a pleasant plat to get. The game is so fun !

Voted 6. Only need to complete all medallions for plat. Its not hard at all. There are a few tricky platforming sections but its purely trial & error and as long as you stick with it, will complete it eventually

Im gobsmacked how people have voted this 8 & 9 :think:

Edited by love_handles1987