Perfect every level before moving on or play through the game first?

xMescax

I just started playing and I am aiming for the platinum.

After looking at the road map I am wondering if it matters at all if you perfect the level before moving onto the next?

I am not sure why but I would rather do it this way then the way the roadmap recommends. Personal preference I suppose.

^Agreed.

I was doing this, but then it got kind of boring and repetitive. Now I am going to just beat the game and come back to the levels. Really depends on how fast you want to platinum the game...if you want it fast, do what Lord Orpheus suggested...if you really don't care, play like me. xD

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest not trying to do everything perfect straight up otherwise you end up throwing your vita through the wall screaming in a blind rage.

Im not even enjoying this game in the slightest its like it was designed to fuel rage and instead of having fun and playing the gane because you enjoyit you hate it so much that you just either give up or rage on and beat it just to be satisfied that you finally beat it.

Also the controls aren't responsive enough when it comes to jumping the longer you hold the higher you jump though most high jumps you will need to retry multiple times because of failing to make the height.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My advice is to do everything on your first playthrough except for time trials.

Take your time during a first playthrough and explore the levels, collect as much lums as needed for the second electoon and find all hidden cages.

Time trials play vastly different from a regular playthrough so memorizing a level layout won't do you much good for your speedruns.

On the other hand, once you've gotten used to time trials doing one right after the other will help you much more as you're "in the flow" if that makes any sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My advice is to do everything on your first playthrough except for time trials.

I'd agree with this except for the mosquito levels. I'd just play through it once and come back later unless maybe I was close to the lum requirement. I think these would get frustrating on the first playthrough. I'd much rather someone get through the game collecting a decent amount of trophies, than fizzle out halfway due to frustration.

I was playing with my sound off a fair bit and did not originally know there were sound cues for both the relics and hidden cages. Oops! With the sound on, only real issue on some levels the first time through might be the 300 lums.

EDIT -- So I finished all of Medallions and Speed trophies. The Mosquito levels aren't actually as bad as I thought after going back. Only ones that gave me any trouble were the final few (in the last world), so by that point, it really wouldn't matter whether you do them right away or wait til you beat the game.

I'm doing the relics now, and boy are they annoying. Not terribly hard to find, but they suck all the fun out of the game. I find myself walking slowly through the levels in order to ensure I hear the audio cues, which sucks all the joy out for me. It's a slog to be going back through every level, but at least it saves as soon as you collect so you don't have to finish. I think I might recommend that everyone skip the relics on their first playthrough though because trying to collect them really changes the flow of the game for the worse

Edited by bajor27

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing time trials as I get the medallions, but I cba that way.

I'm just gonna get all the other trophies then I will have more motivation to do the time trials one by one and wrap up the platinum.

This game could have been so fun if the trophy criteria wasnt so strict.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Perfect each level before moving to another, first you got level layout in memory and it's just easier than going back to previous levels after beating the game, second the speedruns are the worse parts, it's hard and boring, trust me you don't want to do that many speedruns in a row