I'm Ahead/The Competitor

rw540

This is re: the PS4 version I just bought.

I have a couple of PSN accounts that show each other as friends. And when I set a time with one and beat it with the other, I'm Ahead hasn't popped. Neither Daily nor Weekly challenges seem to work on this. Did Ubisoft somehow block people "self boosting"? Or is this a glitch?

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has any ideas?

RW540

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is re: the PS4 version I just bought.

I have a couple of PSN accounts that show each other as friends. And when I set a time with one and beat it with the other, I'm Ahead hasn't popped. Neither Daily nor Weekly challenges seem to work on this. Did Ubisoft somehow block people "self boosting"? Or is this a glitch?

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has any ideas?

RW540

I've seen a comment from someone having this problem on Xbone, possible sign of a glitch? It'll likely take a few more days of people playing the game to see if it's a widespread problem but looks like you aren't the only one. I've only played the PS3 version and had no problems nor have I heard of anyone having problems with previous-gen versions. I'd certainly try it 'legit'/boosting though and see if that leads to it unlocking. Good luck!

I am also having this problem, I finally got i'm Ahead to pop, my leaderboards were not showing my friends at all and I know many of them are playing this game and the challenges. I finally got close enough to one of their scores that their ghost started to appear in my game and when I beat it I finally got the trophy. Something is definitely not right with the friend leaderboards

i had a problem with this also the first couple of days. finally got the I'm ahead to pop yesterday. not sure if their ghosts was playing at the same time or not. my theory right now is if it is tied to ghost somehow, once you start a challenge and pause you can set ghost to friends only. should make it easier to make sure you are beating your friends score. i could be way off on this though.

There's a thread on the official forums and a lot of people are having problems. Trophies aren't unachievable but they DO seem to be tied to the ghosts. Interesting details you may not be aware of if you've just bought this on PS4: the PS3 version was beset with server problems for months, they finally fixed this (for now it's working at least) and said they had made an adjustment (or words to that effect) and had resolved the issue. Now around that time the ghosts seemed to stop functioning properly (I'd never had a single problem with ghosts before this time) but the servers ran perfectly so no complaints from me. Pure speculation here but it may be that the ghosts were causing server problems and by 'turning off' the ghosts they fixed the servers but broke a couple of trophies. I repeat that this is me speculating but may be a possible explanation behind the problems you're having.

Open Support tickets with Ubi explaining in as much detail as possible the problems you're having. The more people who do this, the more likely you'll get a fix!

Geez, this looks to be one pain in the ass..... anyway, submitted a ticket on my issue. I guess I won't hold my breath on this.

I suppose I could do friend requests of EVERYONE, and hope someone shows up as the ghosts I'm playing, and that I can beat their times :p

Geez, this looks to be one pain in the ass..... anyway, submitted a ticket on my issue. I guess I won't hold my breath on this.

I suppose I could do friend requests of EVERYONE, and hope someone shows up as the ghosts I'm playing, and that I can beat their times :p

There is previous on this game that goes back months... welcome to the party haha! Still we've had some good discussions on this website and on the Official Forums (about half of my posts on this website have been about this game). You'd think the grind would be bad enough but Ubi seem determined to cock up at every turn just to lose the committed fans' goodwill even further. Not to sound too dramatic but at this rate Ubi are nailing shut the coffin on a fine platforming series due to a catalogue of poor decisions and that would be a real shame.

I got the "Beat One Friend" one to pop the other night, but in reality by how it sounds I should have had it the day after launch and should be close to (probably over) the 30 one by now.

I am kinda curious if the "Challenge Friends" little envelope in the top-right corner has any factor? I always send it out after posting my first dump score each day, anyone else do this?

Just a shot in the dark, but could it make a difference if you're playing against friends on PS3 while you use a PS4 (or vice versa) as opposed to challenging a friend on the same system?

ive been using other alternate accounts on my ps4 and switching between them sending challenges, passing each other. the trophies for getting bronze, silver and gold challenge medals all popped with no trouble. yet still not even the best a friend 1 time has popped for me on any of the accounts. very troubling :(

I wonder if it has something to do with you having more than 100 friends. I had 107 friends, deleted some people to get to 99, and now some more of my rayman legend friends are appearing on the leaderboards.

100 friend issue was an issue with Ubisoft on AC4.

i was trying to get even 1 friends score beaten trophy and couldnt despite intentionally boosting between accounts with about 80 friends on my list. then i added about 20-30 people for boosting. still no god damn trophy! i should have the one for 30 people beaten easily instead not even the 1 person trophy. tried it from a different internet connection as well! this shit is glitched! really annoyed about this. i dont want to remember this bs when i think back on rayman legends when it was such a good game.